“More for view and drinks”
Review of City View Cafe

City View Cafe
Ranked #306 of 2,626 Restaurants in Hanoi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We visited this at night, which is I think ideal rather daytime.
For one thing, there is less traffic noise, though you might be the type to enjoy the sight and sounds of how locals and tourists go about their daily business as you peer over your seat to the city below.

From the fifth floor of this building, and depending on where you are seated you can have a view of Hoan Kiem lake on one side, and The Old Quarter on the other. Take your pick. You can also choose to sit away from the veranda but why not take advantage of the one thing going for this cafe?

I recommend coming over here for drinks - be it something hot like coffee or tea or something cold like cocktails, then sitting by the veranda overlooking the city and hanging out with friends. My previous experiences with restaurants and cafes with great views is that the views may be fantastic but the food is sadly not a match. That may be the case too here, because my Vietnamese friend had taken us somewhere else for scrumptious food. It was only afterwards when it was already a bit late that we moved here to unwind.

My impression is that the building was less modern considering its location - the elevator and surroundings we passed through had that faded atmosphere but nothing to fret about. I think its in keeping to its stone's throw distance from the Old Quarter. Just do not expect service or atmosphere from a 5-star cafe and you will be all set for the experience.

City View Cafe
5 - 6 Floor
No 7, Dinh Tien Hoang street,
Hoan Kiem district, Ha Noi City, Vietnam
Opening Hours: From 7 A.M to 11 P.M

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Look, everyone knows we climb there for a view and traffic watching from above:) dont expect amazing food but it is fair and drinks are priced ok! Pop in, enjoy the view at least once when in Hanoi

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Excellent view from this restaurant and a great place to people watch and see the world go by. Can't say much about the food- it wasn't that great. I had the sweet and sour chicken with rice and all I can describe it as was what looked like tomato soup with chicken in it- didn't taste good either. Maybe just go here for a drink/cocktail, it is a nice place to just relax.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

A nice place to go for some snaks and drinks. It is on the top of a building in the busy Old Quarter. You have a beautiful view from the Hoan Kiem lake but you hear all the noise from the passing motorbikes and people below. A bit expensive.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Bad service and unprofessional; furniture old and not clean; is possible see part of Hoam Kiem district and the lake (the terrace is only on the fifth floor). But what I gave me upset, in the menu was not write down (as is in other Hanoi's places) they who applied the VAT, also once they gave me back the rest of the money, they didn't gave me back the exactly balance but they decide by themselves to take more money as a tips (ok a few dollars don't change anything but at least I would decide whether I deserve it or not.)

1  Thank Gabriele P