“Excellent Stay in Hanoi”

Rising Dragon Palace Hotel
Ranked #55 of 647 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Even if this place had nothing else I would give it a five star rating for its staff. It seemed they could not do enough to make our stay comfortable. Very polite and pleasant, and very efficient. The rooms are spacious and well furnished, and clean, which goes without saying. They have free WiFi and a small safety deposit box which was useful. Our room even had a balcony where I lounged early in the morning. Really good place to stay. Bang for buck. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is situated in the Old Quarter and close to everything - we've done all our sight seeings by foot. The staff is very attentive - specially Huyén ( I hope I spelled his name right!) - who really ran the extra mile to make us feel at home. I must say that the bed and pillows were the best I had during my 2 weeks in Vietnam. Breakfast is really good and their roof top restaurant has delicious food. After 3 nights we left for a 2 day tour to Halong Bay - suitcase was stored for us and we we came back to Hanoi to catch the night train to Hué we were allowed to use their shower facilities at no additional costs. Make sure you get a massage at their own SPA, great value for money.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no window so make sure you request a room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel in Hanoi after travelling for over 24 hours! We were greeted in an extremely friendly way & were given cool towels & drink to refresh! They spoke English very well & gave us a quick run through of Hanoi & area!! Rooms were very clean, modern & comfortable!! We availed of the spa there which was lovely, breakfast in the morning was very good, there was a great selection of food!! On our last day. They stored our bags for us & we got takeaway food from them which was also amazing!! Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Aneleh20
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Rising Dragon Palace is a wonderful hotel, located in Hanoi, Vietnam. I really loved everything about this hotel! The rooms are beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The food is excellent, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. This boutique hotel is right in the heart of Hanoi Old Quarter, being close to many tourist`s attractions. It`s also a very quiet place, making your sleep quality much better. I also really liked the modern and thoughtful decorations in this hotel. The only thing that kept this place from being perfect for me, was a swimming pool, a lack of it to be more precise. Overall, this hotel truly is amazing and I`m sure you will also enjoy it very much, if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GarsiJo98
Reviewed July 22, 2013

nice rooms very clean and modern. The bathroom was really nice as well. The only let down was the room was quite small and as the bathroom door was glass light came in in the morning and sometimes woke me up - but maybe im just a light sleeper

The location was alright but still maybe 10-15 minutes walk to the centre. The breakfast was nice and the staff very helpful. Overall it was a good stay and we had no real complaints

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khutch3
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We used this hotel as our pit-stop on our Vietnam trip and stayed here 3 times, twice for just overnight and once for 3 days. I am really impressed with the service at this place. They gave us a free taxi ride from the station the day we arrived in Ha Noi.

This hotel is in the old quarter which is the area I prefer. It’s a short walk from lake Hoan Kiem. The rooms were large and squeaky clean. The bathroom fittings looked new and the size was also good. The beds were very comfortable and the bed-linen was very clean.

The room comes with all modern facilities like great ACs, flat screen TVs, wifi etc. We had the breakfast here each time we stayed, and each time the spread was superb. The staff is really friendly and helped us with all the bookings for our Vietnam trip. I would definitely recommend this place for it’s world class service and really convenient location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EPena10
Reviewed July 19, 2013

As jerry Seinfeld would say...

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation, do you have my reservation?
Agent: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of cars.
Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.
Agent: I know why we have reservations.
Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a car. See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation and that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Sadly when i arrived at the Rising Dragon Palace, They were shocked to see me and surprised i had reserved the king sized room, they were overbooked they said, and tried to blame Agoda, but i had already emailed Ms La Sinh of the hotel directly several times before my arrival so its strange they could be so unaware of my booking.

Its not a disaster but it surely is annoying.

Apart from that the hotel is quite nice, the staff are friendly and the room was quite good. I would say they need to improve the mini bar fridges they are not cold at all in fact when u open them u feel a rush of warm air come out not cold air. The food from the restaurant is good though and the king sized room was very comfortable and quiet. All in all a good stay if you choose the king sized room i dont think you will be disappointed at all, its very clean and comfortable but needs a few more improvements to be up to the elegance ruby standard.

Room Tip: Get the king sized rooms, the others feel too small.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JamesTravelAdvice
Bie P, Manager at Rising Dragon Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Kevin S,
I read it carefully and I feel sadly because our staff wasn't pay attention to work well and the case happen to you.
With my observe, I found that you are very friendly with all our staff and our staff treated you as our family member.
We highly appreciate your comment and it helps us to improve our service
We always welcome you back and after that, we would like to have the review with "Great service hotel" not "Good but not great"
We wish you all the best!
Regards,