“Great hotel!”

Ranked #52 of 601 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Lubbock, Texas
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

An amazing little hotel. The staff is friendly and professional. The hotel has everything you could need and at a very reasonable price. The rooms are clean and spacious. Over all, I had a great experience and would stay here again!

2 Thank Ryan D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am writing this from the top floor of this simple little Hanoi hotel. It's simple yet, nothing is missing, super charming albeit small'ish room- ( ok, I'm not the perfectionist for nothing: ONE THING IS MISSING and it's an important thing especially for a woman: There is NO full length mirror to see yourself in before you go out.. None on the floor outside either.. so I have to jump up on the toilet to check my outfits... I have 801 which is a Standard, the deluxes are lovely with private little terraces...( yet still smallish bathrooms, so be warned if you are a bathroom lover.... ( but , again, I'd like to re-iterate that this hotel was SUPER WELL PRICED and I do mean SUPER well priced on Agoda) so I will not complain about it. PErfect heat/ cold split unit, charming view, best room service i've had in Vietnam and speedy and friendly staff. Informative Front desk. Ready willing and able staff runs out for me every time i need something or need to top up my phone. ice size TV with international channels, ( have I mentioned super fast wifi on each floor?) the 8th floor has it's own rooftop terrace bar, and if you take all 3 rooms on the top floor- perfect for making your own party at sunset overlooking the city. Totally clean and cute decoration, many plugs, super clean. 2x a day room service- incredible for a hotel this inexpensive. but it's all about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION, in the heart of the old town, within walking distance of everything I think is worth seeing in Hanoi.. Quiet little street with no traffic noise.. Super friendly, efficient staff. Kudos Rising Dragon ( of 12 Nguyen Quan Bich st. because there are 6 others, so I am only reviewing the one i stayed at, let that be clear to all the haters who write me later..) at the time of my stay which is now January 2013, everything is perfect, and great quality for the money. Breakfast room is a little "Sad" as it's in the basement.. but i guess they didn't have another place to put it.. I suggest they move it to the lobby if there aren't too many people, there is a lovely mezzanine there - unused and that would be a happier place to have breakfast.. but hey, it's cheap, and the breakfast is "Fine" ( nothing to write home about, but fine). I am rating as excellent because the room service is SO great that it totally eclipses the "nothing special-ness of Breakfast" . I Haven't' visited the spa yet, but looks nice I'm sure I will as soon as I have time.

Room Tip: I loved 801, but I'm alone and don't care. If you're a couple, spring for a deluxe with...
4 Thank ThePerfecti0nist
Glendale, California, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel was clean, cozy, and pleasant. We had a great time. The best part was the exceptionally professional and helpful staff. Hung and the front desk team made us feel very welcomed to Hanoi. We also booked a cruise to see Halong Bay through their concierge team. The trip turned out great as well.

The only downside was the construction crew drilling and sawing at 8am outside our window. Aside from that, we would highly recommend anyone to stay here. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Knock H
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Booked the hotel through Agoda. Thank you to the staff of Rising Dragon Palace Hotel, from Day 1 the staffs were very welcoming and very attentive to our needs. When we had questions about restaurants and attractions they were very detailed in the information they've recommended to us. We've booked a trip to Ha Long Bay and we had trouble contacting our tour guide when we got to Hanoi, the hotel staffs were very helpful and was able to to help us contact the tour guide and re-confirmed our tour detail which gave us a peace of mind. While we were on our way to Ha Long Bay, the hotel was able to accommodate to store some of our luggage in their storage area. On our last day in Hanoi, our flight was very early, the staffs had prepared for us breakfast packages so we won't leave hungry; they definitely went above and beyond our expectations! Location to this hotel is in the heart of the Old Quarters which was a perk; it was close to most of the top attractions in Hanoi and it was not located on the main street so the hotel rooms were not too noisy at all.

Tip: Please print out your hotel confirmations and address in English and in Vietnamese. There are taxi scams from the airport that take you to the wrong hotel locations and they have someone pretending to greet you saying this is your hotel. Make sure the hotel entrance states the correct address and the correct name; if not, stand firm and insist your taxi driver to take you to the correct location...when you stand firm they'll obliged. Apparently it's a very common scam in the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank wolfie97
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I booked 2 family rooms at this hotel for 4 nights with request of rooms with city view. We arrived the hotel not realised the rooms we booked were not available for some unforseen reasons as explained by the male manager. The Manager tactfully ushered us for welcome drinks and gave us hotel restaurant discount voucher to petrol there. Only after we filled our empty stomac, he then informed us the families rooms we booked still not available, hence, he sent us and accompanied us to their sister hotel Rising Dragon Villa Hotel, He given us 4 rooms over there, but one of the room's shower cubicle after you showered, water leaked out, the feeling was not good! I did not complain as i think leave it since we will stayed there for one night only. initially I felt that the hotel downgrading our stay as RDVH is smaller and cheaper. In compensation, he upgraded our famaly rooms to 2 connecting rooms at RDPH, the rooms at new wing were very good (haha coz it is new!) just that without window !! Well, the rooms at old wing was not bad as i stayed one night there.... We ate most of our meals in the hotel restaurant, the food there are nice. My children enjoyed the room stay and the food as well :-) The managers there (male and females) are friendly, we like their extra services like offering before and after check-in services, we need to take night train to/from Sapa Town, after check out time at 12 pm, they offered us towels/soap to bath at the hotel shower room,before we board the train at 8pm, and was given a room for 8 of us to rest after we travelled back from Sapa Town night train early 5 30am before our check in, we really grateful for that!
One terrible thing happened after our enjoyable trips back to our country the following month, the hotel has mistakenly charged my credit card for some amount as we have fully settled our bills in cash. I immediately called booking.com and emailed the hotel customer service to clarify, she took immediate actions to rectified it to my great relieved !!
It will be wonderful memory to avoid the credit card incident , but to the efficiency of the customer service, I will still recommend the stay there. It is value for money :-)

Room Tip: 2 connecting rooms are better than family room for family travel with children. Rising Dragon Palace...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank karisyee
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After waiting over 7 days for a response from the manager I have decided to write my review anyway.

I will apologize now it might be a lengthy review but to be fair to the ourselves and the hotel I want to give as much detail as possible.

After much research on trip advisor we really liked the looked of this hotel but were a bit concerned about the reviews regarding building work ongoing so I emailed the hotel to clarify. I received a really prompt response from Mr Bie the manager confirming the building work had been finished and they looked forward to welcoming us. We booked a suite straightaway but booked through Air Asia with our flights just for ease, this was the biggest mistake. I emailed Mr Bie the same day to confirm we had booked and wanted to arrange an airport transfer and also enquired about a Halong Bay transfer, I didn't receive a reply for over 2 days so I emailed again. This was answered promptly as before but he said he had no record of our booking, well to cut a long story shorter with lots of emails between Mr Bie, myself and Air Asia we got it sorted, the booking was confirmed and airport transfer arranged. We booked and paid in advance to stay here from the 24th December to the 31st December and after getting some quotes from Mr Bie we also booked the Halong Bay 2 night cruise leaving the 26th December.

We arrived on the 24th December and the airport transfer was waiting, got to the hotel pretty quickly. The staff were really lovely and welcoming, our room wasn't ready yet so after having a little briefing about the city and paying for the Halong Bay cruise we changed in some warmer clothes and headed out. We got back to the hotel around 3pm and after being greeted by Mr Bie who was in reception we were shown to our room which was on the 4th floor. We were pretty surprised as it was a lot smaller than expected and called reception to ask what kind of room we had been put in. They said they would check and in 5 minutes time we received a knock at the door and were told we should have been informed there was work taking place next to the suite we had booked and they were unable to let us stay there but they would try and get us in there soon and to compensate us the airport pickup would be free. The room on the first night was at the front and pretty noisy during the day as the police station 2 doors down is being gutted and at night there were quite a few people outside of the little shops talking/shouting till late. So we were over the moon when they said we could move into the suite the next morning, the room was much larger with a nice balcony and was much quieter.

We had a good nights rest and got up early for our cruise pickup. As we had already paid for the room while we were on the cruise we left some stuff in the room as we knew that space on the boat is limited. We left clothes in the wardrobe, suitcase with our stuff in it and locked the safe also as we left we dropped off dry cleaning and asked if they could put it into our room when it was done and kept the room key we had. On our return 2 days later and after 4 hours on a minibus we couldn't wait to relax, Mr Bie was waiting for us outside the hotel asking us if we had a lovely time, was the food good etc. Just as we were about to get in the lift to go to the room he said oh by the way let me just check the room key you have to make sure it's working ok, this set alarm bells off and once in the room the safe had been opened, the clothes were all messed up in the wardrobe, the case was in a different place with all our clothes crumpled at the bottom and the dry cleaning missing. We were fuming, we called reception and asked Mr Bie to come up straight away as we wanted to know why the safe was open, why our belongings had been moved, where was the dry cleaning we had left and if someone else had been staying in the room while we were away. 10 minutes later a very uncomfortable looking receptionist arrived saying Mr Bie was trying to find the housekeeper responsible to find out what had happened, which we said its obvious what's has happened you put someone else in our room to make some extra cash, what would have happened if there has been an issue with the cruise and we had come back and tried to get into our room or our belongs has gone missing/stolen. She said Mr Bie would be up shortly, 45 minutes later no sign so we booked another hotel for the last 3 nights losing even more money. We came to reception with our cases, Mr Bie was at his desk on the phone, he wouldn't even look at us, we told reception we were checking out as we were totally disgusted with what had happened. They tried to get us to sit down and wait for a response but we had waited long enough. We could hear that Mr Bie was calling the reception staff asking what has happening instead of having the guts to come over to us which we would have respected more. They tried to get us to pay for the cruise again and after we left we realized they charged us for the airport pickup anyway. We were promised a email response from Mr Bie but as mentioned previously we are still waiting. Obviously we would never recommended anyone to stay here, the staff are lovely but in our opinion let down by management being underhanded and not dealing with issues. If you do stay here book with the hotel then if there are issues at least you are not losing loads of money when you leave early

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank ShellywUK
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We arrived early (0530) which the hotel were expecting only to find that they had no rooms ready despite their email confirming that they would be. We waited for 6 hours having breakfast, a massage etc. whilst we were gently fobbed off.

I would never be able to recommend a hotel that treats customers like this and we left so cannot comment anyway!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
5 Thank HolidayBlues1