As a frequent traveler, I travel far and wide for business and leisure. My journeys have brought me to some of the best hotels in the world, yet the Rising Dragon tops the chart! I'm very lucky to have stayed here 2-4 Oct! (My only regret is not staying long enough. I'm already planning my next trip back) I previously stayed at the Hilton Opera House, and the Rising Dragon beats them in every sense. Kudos to the team. You're the best!
I wrote this review with mixed feelings. As much as I would like to recommend the Rising Dragon to EVERYONE, I'm worried it'll get so popular I may not get a room for myself. I guess I should be fair and give the these wonderful people due credits and compliments.
My review is authentic, based entirely on my personal experience, I do not receive any form of reward for doing this...(not even a bowl of Pho, just so that you know :)
1. Excellent location: I walked everywhere (even to Temple of Literature!) and come back on foot.It's located next to great local food and beer houses!
2. Excellent room: The room is new and well-appointed; I would pay 3 times the price for this room. All amenities are provided for (including a laptop!+free wifi), you don't even need your toothbrush! Breakfast is more than I can ask for: Buffet + Ala Carte items prepared fresh (All these for free! I wonder how these guys make $$ with the room rates they are offering)
3. Professional Service Team:
Tour - I left home with just booking at the Rising Dragon eventhough I'd planned to travel around Vietnam. I was concerned at first but after a mere 20 mins with 'Hieu', I got my entire trip planned and booked, rooms, train, flights, itineraries...all that jazz. No time wasted surfing for the best deal on my part, he got me the best deals! He consulted me, showed me his recommendations, made the calls, and before I knew it, it's done! What great efficiency! (When I was on the sleeper train to Da nang (the hotel actually sent a staff to escort me right to my "bunk" on the train) , I realised I paid the least compared to the others in my cabin) Super impressed! I haven't felt this pampered for a long time...
Service: Tony (the Manager), Cuong, Sinh and everyone took care of me. I felt like I've known them all my life! As a solo traveler, they became the best companions I wish I had on this trip. My trip would have turned out very different if it wasn't for these Angels (they should consider changing the hotel name to Rising Angels or something...just joking) Cám ơn
I've many more good things to say about this hotel, however I will stop here to leave for Hoi An to continue my vacation! (I don't write review for a living you know?) Before I go, there's something I thought I should mention, I realised some reviews here talked about construction noises from the hotel's neighbor. This is true. However it only happens during limited time of the day, no disturbance at night. I slept peacefully (and I'm a light sleeper) Unless your intention is to sleep through the entire trip in Hanoi, you'll have no problem too. My take is. occupy yourself with activites, visit the quaint old quarter, eat all the Pho you can manage, drink coffee and beer, do all these and turned in early. Wake up earlier the next morning, before the construction starts to experience Hanoi before all that honking and traffic! You may see and enjoy a different Hanoi! Hoan Kiem lake is great for morning strolls. If I can't stop the noise, I take control and work around it. I refused to let a little noise spoil my vacation. Stressing the staff at the hotel is definitely not the solution. We can't prevent our neighbors from renovating their home, can we? Stay positive and I promised you'll enjoy your vacation better rather than focusing on issue beyond your control.
We travel to experience different culture, Vietnam offers this and more. Change our perspective and things can be more enjoyable. If you expect things to work the same like back home, my advice is...stay home!
Thank for reading this. I can't wait to book my next trip back to Hanoi. More importantly, to visit the team in the Rising Dragon Palace! (Just hopeful they still have room for me despite these great reviews) Cheers! Michelle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising Dragon Palace Hotel is located on a premier shopping street, with arts and crafts stores along the same block and throughout the surrounding neighborhood. Our hotel renovated in Sept 2016, Ideal for leisure travelers, whether staying briefly in Hanoi or on an extended visit, we offer full travel services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rising Dragon Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rising Dragon Palace Hotel Hanoi