“Exceeded All My Expectations. I was WOWed!”

Rising Dragon Palace Hotel
Ranked #55 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Da Nang, Vietnam
“Exceeded All My Expectations. I was WOWed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

As a frequent traveler, I travel far and wide for business and leisure. My journeys have brought me to some of the best hotels in the world, yet the Rising Dragon tops the chart! I'm very lucky to have stayed here 2-4 Oct! (My only regret is not staying long enough. I'm already planning my next trip back) I previously stayed at the Hilton Opera House, and the Rising Dragon beats them in every sense. Kudos to the team. You're the best!

I wrote this review with mixed feelings. As much as I would like to recommend the Rising Dragon to EVERYONE, I'm worried it'll get so popular I may not get a room for myself. I guess I should be fair and give the these wonderful people due credits and compliments.

My review is authentic, based entirely on my personal experience, I do not receive any form of reward for doing this...(not even a bowl of Pho, just so that you know :)

1. Excellent location: I walked everywhere (even to Temple of Literature!) and come back on foot.It's located next to great local food and beer houses!
2. Excellent room: The room is new and well-appointed; I would pay 3 times the price for this room. All amenities are provided for (including a laptop!+free wifi), you don't even need your toothbrush! Breakfast is more than I can ask for: Buffet + Ala Carte items prepared fresh (All these for free! I wonder how these guys make $$ with the room rates they are offering)

3. Professional Service Team:
Tour - I left home with just booking at the Rising Dragon eventhough I'd planned to travel around Vietnam. I was concerned at first but after a mere 20 mins with 'Hieu', I got my entire trip planned and booked, rooms, train, flights, itineraries...all that jazz. No time wasted surfing for the best deal on my part, he got me the best deals! He consulted me, showed me his recommendations, made the calls, and before I knew it, it's done! What great efficiency! (When I was on the sleeper train to Da nang (the hotel actually sent a staff to escort me right to my "bunk" on the train) , I realised I paid the least compared to the others in my cabin) Super impressed! I haven't felt this pampered for a long time...
Service: Tony (the Manager), Cuong, Sinh and everyone took care of me. I felt like I've known them all my life! As a solo traveler, they became the best companions I wish I had on this trip. My trip would have turned out very different if it wasn't for these Angels (they should consider changing the hotel name to Rising Angels or something...just joking) Cám ơn

I've many more good things to say about this hotel, however I will stop here to leave for Hoi An to continue my vacation! (I don't write review for a living you know?) Before I go, there's something I thought I should mention, I realised some reviews here talked about construction noises from the hotel's neighbor. This is true. However it only happens during limited time of the day, no disturbance at night. I slept peacefully (and I'm a light sleeper) Unless your intention is to sleep through the entire trip in Hanoi, you'll have no problem too. My take is. occupy yourself with activites, visit the quaint old quarter, eat all the Pho you can manage, drink coffee and beer, do all these and turned in early. Wake up earlier the next morning, before the construction starts to experience Hanoi before all that honking and traffic! You may see and enjoy a different Hanoi! Hoan Kiem lake is great for morning strolls. If I can't stop the noise, I take control and work around it. I refused to let a little noise spoil my vacation. Stressing the staff at the hotel is definitely not the solution. We can't prevent our neighbors from renovating their home, can we? Stay positive and I promised you'll enjoy your vacation better rather than focusing on issue beyond your control.

We travel to experience different culture, Vietnam offers this and more. Change our perspective and things can be more enjoyable. If you expect things to work the same like back home, my advice is...stay home!

Thank for reading this. I can't wait to book my next trip back to Hanoi. More importantly, to visit the team in the Rising Dragon Palace! (Just hopeful they still have room for me despite these great reviews) Cheers! Michelle

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank 212MichelleLaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed with my family at the Rising Dragon Palace Hotel in the Old Quarter. It was our first time in Vietnam and Tony (the Manager) and all the staff couldn't do enough for us. They put us in two connecting rooms which had great decor and the best beds (pillow top-extremely comfortable sleep) we've experienced in Vietnam. Tony and Coung (Reception) speak extremely good english and provided advice about everything good & bad. Booked flights with Tony to Danang and then on to Nha Trang (better prices than I could get) and booked a great Cruise on Halong Bay with the Hotel. Breakfast was great - they cook (fresh) anything you want from the menu. Highly recommend staying at the Rising Dragon Palace Hotel - Very reasonably priced and well located so you don't get excessive traffic noise which is a major plus in busy little Hanoi.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank MrSteve_2011
New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

New boutique hotel situated in the old quarter - staff are friendly and helpful despite some shortcomings as described by unvoyageurfrequent previously. There is a building being constructed next door and work begins around 6am. Like something from a 'comedy movie' workmen are banging from all directions so no such luck if your wanting a sleep-in, not to mention the fishmongers across the lane gutting a trailer load of carp starting around 6am. Having said that an interesting area to explore with some great cafes, restaurants, bars

Room Tip: The higher floor the better
8 Thank GlobalTraveller1985
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

I've written a review, but it seems to have got lost... so here goes again. We were very impressed with the staff of Rising Dragon Palace Hotel. Tony, the manager was excellent to deal with in the booking stages and also extremely helpful and interested in our welfare when we arrived. In fact, we found all the staff were friendly and professional, and eager to go the extra mile to make our stay enjoyable. My husband needed medication in the middle of the night, having had eye surgery not long before we left, and a staff member took him out seeking to find a 24 hour Pharmacy. This is but one example of the 'over and above' service.

7 Thank KiwiFamWellington
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

We've stayed in many hotels all over the world, however Rising Dragon stands out as a small hotel that aims and succeeds in delivering service that is over and above what would normally be expected. Staff are gracious and eager to help. We experienced this on many occasions. For example, my husband needed eye drops in the early hours of the morning (having had eye surgery before we went away) and a staff member took him out in the middle of the night seeking to find a pharmacy.

Breakfasts were memorable, rooms clean and comfortable, staff were flexible in catering with special trip requirements (eg. even escorted us to the correct carriage for train journey to Sapa and enabled us to shower after early morning return). All in all, fantastic service!

7 Thank KiwiFamWellington
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

I am baffled by the extremely positive reviews for this hotel. While it is true that it is very new and that lobby and rooms look flashy (if a bit cheap) and that the staff are very friendly, it does have a number of severe problems. First of all, it is right next to a big construction site, where a new house is being built. They start working at 6 am, immediately the noise of the jackhammers gets as loud as if they were next to your ear. Sleeping under these circumstances is impossible. Second of all, there was a strong smell of humidity in my room and in the hallyway on my floor, maybe construction moisture or humidity in the walls, in any case it was hard to breathe. So, even while I acknowledge this is a fine looking hotel with very nice staff, the noise and the odour make it hard to enjoy this place, which is why I would refrain from booking there again, at least until those problems are solved. Then, maybe, it could be a charming little hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
10 Thank unvoyageurfrequent
Moordrecht, NL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel has clean and pleasant rooms with new and modern bathroom. The price is very reasonable.

The service is excellent and the personnel is friendly, helpful and they do their best to ensure a pleasant stay. The Hotel travel desk arranges trips to Halong Bay and Sapa in a professional and honest manner.

We are very enthusiastic and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family