“Our home in Hanoi”

Hanoi Finnegans Hotel
Ranked #47 of 671 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2013

There are 6 and 7 star hotels around the world that would learn a thing or two about customer service from Mr Viet and his family. They were extremely helpful, incredibly honest and made you feel as though we were family. Everything they did from insisting that we eat a wonderful fresh breakfast every morning, helping organise the day with maps and places to visit, recommended places to eat (follow their advice) arranging tours at very reasonable prices and welcoming us 'home' in the evening and showing an honest interest in what we got up to during the day was awesome. We have travelled 'extensively' and I have to say that this was one of the best hotel experiences I have had. The rooms were spotless, spacious and comfortable - when we go back we definitely will be staying there again and I encourage you to check it out.

Room Tip: There are two rooms per floor, & six floors I was happy with a room facing the front

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We booked this hotel based on reviews we read that the hosts were super honest and helpful. This could not have been more true!
The hosts were ridiculously attentive and accommodating! They went the extra mile helping us book tours, transportation, pickups/drop offs from the airport and train station. Everything was very organized and well thought out.
The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable.
Breakfast was fast, delicious, and made fresh when ordered.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrscox12
Reviewed November 11, 2013

we used Finnegans as a base in Hanoi whilst also visiting Halong Bay and Sapa. Over an 8 day period we were in the hotel for 5 nights. They could not have done more for us. They fixed all of the trips, the price was right and the quality excellent, particularly Halong Bay where the food on board was first class. Rooms are large, beds enormous, breakfasts great and the advice they offered on where to eat etc was spot on.
When we left fir Sapa tgey ran us to the station and, at 4am picked us up on return. A room was available for us get some rest and shower when we returned at no extra cost. We took their advice on restaurants and all were very good.
If you go to Hanoi stay here, you will not be disappointed. It is also well located for the old town, which is the most interesting part of Hanoi.

1  Thank johnmwhyte
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The normal double room is nothing more than a place to sleep. The hosts however are AMAZING. Forget about your travel guide. They will just give you a map in the morning and draw a tour on it for you according to your budget. We did that for three days and had the best time without having to thing about what do and where to eat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SherryLee612
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place is no frills, but clean, nice, and perfectly located. What really sets it apart is the absolutely incredible customer service. The people that work here are insanely nice and helpful and I would stay here anytime I am back in Hanoi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank patrickburke1980
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Experience honest, truly attentive staff creating a homely atmosphere that stands up to the best 5* places. Make your stay in Hanoi a remarkable one.
Comfortable, clean and quiet rooms. Staff went the extra mile (free fruits, tea and coffee all-day long; free of charge shower and changing facilities after check-out prior to airport transfer; free transfer to the train station only to name a few). Fully recommended! Best experience in Vietnam amongst many good hotel experiences.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andre B
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Finnegan's for one night about a week ago. Our plane was delayed several times, but their driver waited patiently and brought us to the hotel; although it was past midnight, the receptionist was very friendly and happily showed us our room and explained the amenities. I still remember the comfy bed and soft pillows!
The next day, the owner (I think his name is Viet?) offered us tea even though we had already checked out in the morning, so basically we were no longer paying customers... He chatted with us for about 1 hour (and refilled my tea cup 6 times!) to make time pass while we were waiting for our friends.
I used to live in Hanoi between 2007-2011, so I am quite used to Hanoians' rather reserved attitude, but I was really surprised with Finnegan's... it seems they managed to gather all the nicest people to work there.
If you stay there, I'm sure you'll find something - or someone - you'll like! :)

Room Tip: I understand that they offer some bigger rooms if you come with the family.
1  Thank LenaHanoi