See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2015

We spent 5 nights with Thuy and family. The accommodation is more than adequate. She helpfully booked our transfers and taxis as we needed them,as well as arranging some sightseeing tours for us. We caught the local bus into the Old Quarter, passing the historical sights such as the Mausoleum. An enjoyable stay that will be even better when constructions in the lical area are finished.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I spent 3.5 months living with Thuy and her wonderful family and it couldn't have been better. The room I stayed in was very nice, and everything was very well organized. Thuy was extremely helpful with any questions I had about the local neighborhood or travel outside of Hanoi. Getting to know her and her family was one of the highlights of my summer.

I would recommend this homestay to anyone - whether you are staying for a short visit or several months like me!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

After a flight from Europe, you want to stay in a nice and friendly place ... well Chezlinhlinh is such a great place. Away from the busy old quarter, but still near many tourist sites. Outside the homestay, you don't see tourist and pay a correct price for food. The Pho Bo around the corner on the street is excellent and a great start!
Thuy will provide all necesarry information to travel around (not only Hanoi) and is a great host! Learn to take the local bus to places (easy and fun).
Our 2 daughters (8 and 10) enjoyed their first real homestay and we very much recommend this place.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Jan D
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Before you read on: STAY HERE.

My father and I traveled to Ha Noi, for a combination trip: we did a 6-day motorcycle tour of the northern Viet mountains, and we did a 3-day cruise of Ha Long Bay (really Bai Tu Long Bay). Our first day in Ha Noi, between the two tours, and our last day in Ha Noi, we stayed with Thuy and her family at ChezLinhLinh. To even begin to express just how grateful we were for Thuy's help and the wonderful home stay would be difficult to express in words. THUY IS INCREDIBLE. She continued to amaze me with her never-ending kindness and desire to help us have a wonderful experience in Ha Noi.

The rooms are wonderful. My dad and I stayed in two of Thuy's rooms while we were with her: both were exceptional for a home stay in Viet Nam. AirCon, great showers, very comfortable beds. Whenever I travel, I like to check the seams of the mattresses that I'm sleeping on for signs of bedbugs (you can check the stitching in mattresses to see if you see bedbug feces, etc.). When I did this at Thuy's home, I LOVED that I found the mattresses wrapped in plastic to protect them against bedbugs. Prophylaxis!!!

Thuy knows EXACTLY what she is doing and really knows the ins and outs of Ha Noi and how to be helpful for travelers. The minute I return to Ha Noi, I'll be calling Thuy up! She and her wonderful family became my new Vietnamese family, right away. A home away from home.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Zach B
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed for a few days on arrival in Vietnam and between trips to Sapa and Bai Tu Long. This is not just a home stay, they also run a travel company and can help plan and book your trip. From the outset Thuy was a pleasure to deal with and they are the most fantastic hosts. Our room was large and air conditioned and very clean. It is so much more than the b&b we have in GB, they really go the extra mile. The house is not in the tourist area so we got to see a glimpse of real Hanoi life. Crossing the road is daunting to begin with but slow and steady gets you there ok! Highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2014