“Welcoming, Friendly and Warm Hanoi Hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Homestay - ChezLinhLinh House
Ranked #52 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Welcoming, Friendly and Warm Hanoi Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was on a solo trip in February and came across ChezLinhLinh online by chance prior to arriving, and am very glad that I decided to stay there. The rooms are clean, spacious and very well maintained, but more importantly, Lam, Thuy and their family are wonderful hosts. Apart from arranging trips to Sapa and Halong Bay effortlessly and with regular e-mail communication prior to my arrival, they also provided meals (unplanned and just because I was alone and needed to rush to the train station later) without extra charge.

In my time in Hanoi, I came across the usual dishonest cabbie or opportunistic cobbler fixing the sole of your shoe for USD 30 when it was no more than a USD 5 job. These downsides are more than compensated for by the treatment I received at ChezLinhLinh. Lam and Thuy are entrepreneurial, hardworking and very friendly people, building up their business and showing that they're doing it out of passion and not just to make a quick buck.

They are also very knowledgable on Vietnam and topics such as current affairs, history, culture etc so are very people to speak to if you're interested in knowiong more about the country you'e visiting. We even spoke about property prices in Hanoi and the banking system, just to reflect the range of topics they're happy to speak to you about. It was especially comforting to me as a solo traveller to have such hospitable hosts.

Also, the Unseen Hanoi bike tour with Lam comes very recommended, and was a great way to explore the little alleys of Hanoi and see them within a cultural or historical context. Take a coffee break by West Lake(?) and see a carcass of an American B-52 jet in a little lake surrounded by houses, and try to dodge those Hanoi scooters as you go along. If you want the exact opposite of a transactional, cold and money-minded B&B operator in Hanoi, ChezLinhLinh is the place to go.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Adriana M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Parksville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Lam & Thuy (pron. Twe) have a beautiful home and their B & B is excellent. A very spacious bedroom with T.V. and A/C and a private full bathroom. Apart from the gracious hospitality and excellent food the true highlight of your stay will be Lams bike tour called " THE UNSEEN HANOI". This is not to missed as it takes you through the back alleys and streets to experience the real city life. Lams knowledge of the area is extensive as he was raised here and takes time to explain the culture of Vietnamese life. This is a must see on your stay in Hanoi and the memory will be with you forever. Lam also has a travel agency and can arrange any type of holiday you require as he did for us. Many thanks for a fantastic holiday and all your help.
Vic & Judy Dougan, Canada

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vjdoogie
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was amazed at Lams home stay.The bedroom was big and very clean and more than I could ask for.I ate with the family on several times , excellent family .
Lam arranged the rest of my trip and I am glad he did because my trip to han long bay( a must do) would not been as good plus the hotels organized where excellent.
Lam showed me where to eat but he went out of his way for me,by the way the motor bike trip to the local shop with him was great.
Do stay with Lam and his family.I will return

Room Tip: my room was very quite
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank yokinegold
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

My daughter and I had the most comfortable and pleasant stay. Our hosts have their own travel business and put together a really wonderful package for us which included a visit to Ha Long bay and Sapa. They also arranged a day outing for us to the Perfumed Pagoda. We were treated to a dinner in their home with their adorable children. It was a stay which we will always remember.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jane G
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Staying with Lam & Thuy, what a great homestay experience. They listened to us and knew exactly what we wanted. Our tours were booked, we had private vehicles pick us up and were treated fantastic.
Make sure you ask Lam for his own special tour by push bike, it's an adventure on it's own and you won't be dissapointed. You will be taken to places that you would otherwise never see and it will give you a different outlook on such a busy place. Sit with the locals and have coffee. Lam will take you around his own village and give you local knowledge from his years of living in the area. Walk to local restaurants and try the excellent food.
Rooms at Chezlinhlinh are clean, comfortable and large. Why would you stay in a fancy hotel when you can get personal care from Lam & Thuy and family . Thanks for everything and the special evening meal.

Room Tip: Do your homework and check for noise, cleanliness and amenities. Always check reviews and make your...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank parsamsim
ChezlinhlinhTravel, Owner at Hanoi Homestay - ChezLinhLinh House, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Hi Pat & John,

Thank you for taking time to write the review about our Homestay as well as tours organized by my family.

I'm very glad that you have enjoyed our the biking tour with me and remember the coffee shop on stool, I have a name for the tour now, hidden Hanoi, what do you think ? . I'm looking for your Video made about your trip in Vietnam from Mekong Delta to Ha Long Bay. If you have time, you could post your review for Indochina-Junk as you feel happy about the special the dinner in the cave.

Vietnam still have many destinations to offer and I'm looking forward to welcome back you and Pat in the trip to to the north of Vietnam to visit hill tribes before they would be westernized.

Thank you and wish you good health and good business.

Bong, Tho, Soc, Thuy and Lam
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I'm wowed by the warmth and kindness of owners Lam and Thuy. They were extremely welcoming, talking with us about daily life in Hanoi and helping us get around.

Lam and Thuy wrote down addresses in Vietnamese for us, told us which taxi companies were trustworthy, and even provided us with a local cell phone to call them in case we needed help. We enjoyed a lovely Halong Bay junk tour at a fantastic rate thanks to them.

ChezLinhLinh House is clean and neat, located just 10 minutes away from the lively but raucous Old Quarter. We were given a large and spacious family room with towels and had simple but delicious breakfasts of fresh bread with local fruit. If you're visiting Hanoi for the first time, I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hazynite
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Chez LinhLinh House is well located to Hanoi city. The family made us very welcome! The rooms were big and very comfortable. Ideal layout for a small family. We enjoyed talking with the family and the kids played together. Lam and Thuy organised many tours and restauarant visits for us at local prices. They suggested many things for us to do and even went out with us to look at museums.
We had a very affordable homebase to travel out of. Highly recommended - especially for families with young children.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Lgoodwin32
ChezlinhlinhTravel, Owner at Hanoi Homestay - ChezLinhLinh House, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Lyn,

Thank you for your review on of Chezlinhlinh House !!!

I'm glad that you chose my house as your traveling base for your trip and enjoyed the trip to the museum with our kids as well as the trip to Ha Long Bay and Sapa.

We are looking forward to meet you soon with the trip to Hoi An this year and once again we could book for your trip.

I will send the photos of our kids playing together at the museum

With Love