“TAKE THE TOUR WITH LAM!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Homestay - ChezLinhLinh House
Ranked #59 of 604 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Australia
“TAKE THE TOUR WITH LAM!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Staying with Lam & Thuy, what a great homestay experience. They listened to us and knew exactly what we wanted. Our tours were booked, we had private vehicles pick us up and were treated fantastic.
Make sure you ask Lam for his own special tour by push bike, it's an adventure on it's own and you won't be dissapointed. You will be taken to places that you would otherwise never see and it will give you a different outlook on such a busy place. Sit with the locals and have coffee. Lam will take you around his own village and give you local knowledge from his years of living in the area. Walk to local restaurants and try the excellent food.
Rooms at Chezlinhlinh are clean, comfortable and large. Why would you stay in a fancy hotel when you can get personal care from Lam & Thuy and family . Thanks for everything and the special evening meal.

Room Tip: Do your homework and check for noise, cleanliness and amenities. Always check reviews and make your...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank parsamsim
ChezlinhlinhTravel, Owner at Hanoi Homestay - ChezLinhLinh House, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Hi Pat & John,

Thank you for taking time to write the review about our Homestay as well as tours organized by my family.

I'm very glad that you have enjoyed our the biking tour with me and remember the coffee shop on stool, I have a name for the tour now, hidden Hanoi, what do you think ? . I'm looking for your Video made about your trip in Vietnam from Mekong Delta to Ha Long Bay. If you have time, you could post your review for Indochina-Junk as you feel happy about the special the dinner in the cave.

Vietnam still have many destinations to offer and I'm looking forward to welcome back you and Pat in the trip to to the north of Vietnam to visit hill tribes before they would be westernized.

Thank you and wish you good health and good business.

Bong, Tho, Soc, Thuy and Lam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I'm wowed by the warmth and kindness of owners Lam and Thuy. They were extremely welcoming, talking with us about daily life in Hanoi and helping us get around.

Lam and Thuy wrote down addresses in Vietnamese for us, told us which taxi companies were trustworthy, and even provided us with a local cell phone to call them in case we needed help. We enjoyed a lovely Halong Bay junk tour at a fantastic rate thanks to them.

ChezLinhLinh House is clean and neat, located just 10 minutes away from the lively but raucous Old Quarter. We were given a large and spacious family room with towels and had simple but delicious breakfasts of fresh bread with local fruit. If you're visiting Hanoi for the first time, I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hazynite
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Chez LinhLinh House is well located to Hanoi city. The family made us very welcome! The rooms were big and very comfortable. Ideal layout for a small family. We enjoyed talking with the family and the kids played together. Lam and Thuy organised many tours and restauarant visits for us at local prices. They suggested many things for us to do and even went out with us to look at museums.
We had a very affordable homebase to travel out of. Highly recommended - especially for families with young children.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Lgoodwin32
ChezlinhlinhTravel, Owner at Hanoi Homestay - ChezLinhLinh House, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Lyn,

Thank you for your review on of Chezlinhlinh House !!!

I'm glad that you chose my house as your traveling base for your trip and enjoyed the trip to the museum with our kids as well as the trip to Ha Long Bay and Sapa.

We are looking forward to meet you soon with the trip to Hoi An this year and once again we could book for your trip.

I will send the photos of our kids playing together at the museum

With Love

Bong, Tho, Soc, Thuy, Lam
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2011

ChezLinhLinh House is situated at a quiet place not far from the Hanoi city. The rooms and toilets are clean. Lam and family are very approachable. They showed me the local delicacies and the place to get the best coffee and tea in town with reasonable price. I’ve tried some local foods introduced by Lam and they were great! Thanks to Lam and Thuy to write down the name of each delicacies in Viet. It makes my life easier to blend in with the locals when buying goods from them. Even though I’ve spent only two nights with them, they treat me like part of their family. I was invited to join their family dinner and I missed the delicious food prepared by sister Bang. I would definitely visit them again if possible.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank BudgetTraveller0801
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I have lived in Hanoi three years from Mid-2007 to Mid-2010 and my last six months was spent at Chez Linh Linh. There are four new and spacious apartments at great rates. Lam & Thuy are awesome. If you want to see the real Hanoi, in a great local location, take an apartment at ChezLL. Lam and Thuy are also travel agents so if you are looking for an interesting trip such as motorbiking in the far North of VN or checking out the Mekong Delta, they will assist you with all the arrangements.
Noise can be an issue in Hanoi and this location is set in a quiet residential area with nice homes.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Shordog
Da Lat
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I have been traveling for the past eight months and staying in budget accommodations and Chezlinhlinh House is without a doubt the best housing set-up that I have had. The beds are comfortable and spotless. The family is warm, but not intrusive. Lam and Thuy (the hosts) are as nice as can be. Since they both have worked in the tourist industry, they can give you the sort of recommendations that guidebooks can't. With a ton of local and worldly knowledge, they are the easiest homestay you can come across. If you want privacy, while getting a feel for Hanoi (on any type of budget), this is the place. This place is ideal and the family is awesome.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank RahdeFranke
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Hello, I stayed here for a week recently and have no reservations in recommending it.
I am traveling alone in Vietnam, and really wanted to feel secured and welcome and that's exactly how I felt here.
The room was enormous, very clean, bright, and very peaceful at night. I was able to park my motorbike inside the gates of the house and free to come and go as I pleased.
The family that live here are incredibly friendly and helpful but they totally let you get on with doing your own thing and make it clear they are able to help if you need anything.
They have a strong wifi connection, tea making facilities in the room and a refrigerator. Breakfast isn't included but there are loads of street food places near by.
If you are coming to Hanoi for the first time and just want to feel safe and secure and in clean modern surroundings, this is very much the place for you.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo