“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #75 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Beijing
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at Hotel de l’Opera March 7-9 and I want to express my gratitude to the whole staff for the memorable experience they provided me with. As a Platinum member I was delighted to be upgraded to a fantastic Opera Grand Suite with a fabulous view from the bedroom, overlooking the Opera itself. The bed is top-notch, the design features a perfect combination of extravagance and ‘bon goût’ and the suite itself is extremely comfortable, providing ample spaces of various kinds, each of them of different ambiance for different usage.

I will definitely highly recommend Hotel de l’Opera to my friends and acquaintances and I look forward to having the pleasure to stay at that hotel again when I have a chance.

Marc H

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear maplenight
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here and your kind comments are very much appreciated.
It is always a special pleasure to look after our Accor Le Club Platinum member as we greatly appreciate your support and loyalty of our group.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel de l’Opera and to being of assistance to you again hopefully soon.
With kind regards
Bodo Klingenberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Superb location right in the centre of the Old Quarter, and the rooms are just so luxurious. Standard rooms are on the small side, and if you like natural light, make sure you request a room with an outside window - if they face onto the internal courtyard they are very dark. Rooms generally can be noisy, but that's the trade off for the location. The enormous beds almost need a footstool to get yourself up on them, but give a great night's sleep - and the pearled tiles in the bathroom are some of the prettiest things I have ever seen!

Room Tip: Take an outside room if you want natural light, it's noisier with the traffic, but feels less cl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Julie M
Greetings from Hotel de l’Opera Hanoi and thank you for taking the time to post the review of your recent stay with us.
We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would like to take the opportunity for highlighting so many details, which pleased you in particular, such as our super-comfortable beds and our great mosaic tiles in the bathroom. By the way, did you realize that much of the inspiration behind Hotel de l’Opera derives from its close proximity to Hanoi’s famous opera house? Many theatrical components were incorporated in the design of the hotel, such as the many curtains, velvets and bathroom mirrors which are like dressing room mirrors in a theatre. Personally I always liked this idea very much and I was glad to read that it appealed to you too.
Thanks again; I do hope we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Hanoi and Hotel de l’Opera soon.
Kind regards
Bodo Klingenberg
Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. Very central location enabling you to visit central Hanoi with ease. Fast check in (no welcome drink). Our room was very spacious and well equipped with all amenities one would expect for this standard of hotel. Although the bathroom is large, there was only a shower which suited us fine. The whole ambiance of the room and bathroom is 'glitzy'. Very unusual (primarily very high up from the ground) yet very comfortable beds. Good wi-fi connection. Ample storage space for clothes. We had dinner on our first evening in the hotel restaurant, the Lautrec, Good food and excellent service but somewhat pricey.
The buffet breakfast was excellent and constantly monitored and replenished but what was a plus point was the possibility to be able to order items (ie. porridge, English breakfast and more) from a separate menu all served very efficiently. Excellent service throughout.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel is perfectly placed for our needs, the décor and facilities to my taste, and I would definitely stay here again. We had room 706, a suite on 7th floor which was bright and airy, though not quiet (I don't mind the sounds of a strange city). All but one of the staff were charming and helpful.
However our breakfast order was served incorrectly several times, and when I asked for decaf coffee by pointing to the menu (the waitress spoke no English), I still got caffeine.
When we checked out our drinks did not appear on the bill. I was told they were complementary - when I queried this the receptionist telephoned for confirmation and then assured me it was so. I was therefore surprised to be telephoned in my room by a very brusque lady telling me I had not paid for my drinks and I must come down & do so immediately. I paid up for a quiet life and because it was not a lot of money, but this is very poor customer service.
my advice to the hotel - get rid of the grumpy receptionist (wish I had taken her name), and ensure that your waiting staff are familiar with the menu.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Really impressed by the staff at this hotel, all of whom have been very very duly and helpful. The rooms are extremely well appointed with all the amenities one would expect and the beds are truly wonderful with deep pillow tips and supportive mattresses as well as a pillow menu.
Breakfast is a veritable feast with something for every taste.
Rooms are all facing an internal atrium so the nose of the city is excluded, however this does mean that you don't get an idea of the weather outside and it can be a little echoey.
A great location with easy access to the important parts of a tourist visit to Hanoi.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms may suffer less from echo in the atrium
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

One of the best hotels during our trip in Vietnam. Good service, good location opposite the opera house. The breakfast is amazing. There is a small buffet with fresh french style bread etc. and there is a also a menu you can choose from.
The beds are very comfortable and the room was really quiet. The shower is amazing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Amazing. Hotel was beautiful. Breakfast was amazing. Staff was great. We stayed here twice. On the second stay we got an upgraded room. Both rooms were fit for a king. Pillow top mattress, shower and claw footed tub, fresh fruit in room. Rooms are very contemporary. We had a very early flight and they prepared our breakfast to go. One of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed at.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple