“Loved it”

Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi
Ranked #86 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed October 31, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by smiles from welcoming staff. Our room had two large single beds. (luckily we are not short, because you almost needed to have a running start to get on them). The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom area was large. The shower was a walk in and was huge. Toilet was in the bathroom behind another door. Breakfast was delicious - and even the fussiest eater could find something to eat. You could either help yourself or pick an English style breakfast from the menu. The market and main shopping area was a leisurely stroll approximately 15 to 20 minutes away. The main restaurant area served western food as well. We ate there and it was delicious. Only minor complaint was that our room overlooked the main outdoor breakfast area and at around 5am it was a little noisy with staff setting up. Overall we were pleasantly surprised by the uniqueness of this hotel and the friendly environment.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room that is not overlooking the main outdoor breakfast area as it was a little noisy from...
1  Thank Lisa C
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Lisa C,

Thank you for the high praise, I'm delighted to see that you took time to write us a 5-star review which clearly shows that we had succeeded to create a memorable experience for you at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi.

It will be wonderful to welcome you back to meet the team again at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi and I'll make sure your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Bodo Klingenberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,563)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank mervyn_lim

Reviewed October 24, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went in Jan 2013 for a friend's wedding. I really enjoyed my stay there, the service was great!
I had problem with my hair dryer in one of the mornings, and I called the counter line for help. Within 10 - 15 mins, the staff arrived and helped me out.
When I was checking in, the staff also helped me to carry my luggage to room.
Excellent service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan S

Dear Susan S,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Hotel de L'Opera in the suite with king size bed and can only provide favourable comments on the entire experience. On arrival we were greeted like long lost friends and after a friendly check in were shown to our beautifully decorated with charismatic French influence. We alternated the setting of our happy hour drinks between the cosy piano bar and the adjacent indoor atrium style room with a centrally focussed fountain. The hotel's location is excellent with access to Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter just a short tuk-tuk or relaxed walk away. Most impressive about the hotel were the friendly staff across all areas including housekeeping staff, the concierge (Dang), reception staff, the bar staff (Hueng and Tren) and those working in the hotel restaurant, Café Lautrec (Huyen, Lien and their counterparts). They all could not do enough for us while maintaining a very genuine personal approach that included fantastic interaction and sharing of their own lives and their wonderful sense of humour. We would recommend this location to anyone staying in Hanoi.

1  Thank Baylovers

Dear Baylovers,

Thank you for the 5 star review, it's always a pleasure to receive such a great feedback. At Hotel de l'Opera hanoi, we try to create a hotel that impresses our guests, in this case we had succeeded.

Thanks so much for the high praise and I have passed this on to our team who are just simply thrilled to have made the difference to your stay with us.

We are eager to see you return soon to Hotel de l'Opera - an Operatic glamour in the heart of Hanoi. Let me know when you are coming back - We’ll ensure more of the same as your first visit!

Bodo Klingenberg,

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I just loved the hotel de L'Opera! We booked a junior suite for the same price as a regular room at the nearby Metropole. We stayed for 4 nights and although it rained virtually the whole time we had the best time in the hotel! the rooms are fantastic if you like a bit of "theatre", they are quirky and creatively decorated. The beds are truly enormous, I felt like I needed a little trampoline to bounce in to it! The big screen TV at the end of the bed was great, the bathroom was beautiful but functional and the small sitting area with a second TV was great for lounging in the afternoon before heading down to the atrium for complimentary drinks and nibbles which were a feature of booking the junior suite. We were treated wonderfully by all the staff but particularly the delightful bar staff who chatted with us and gave helpful advice about Hanoi sights and experiences. The breakfasts were great, excellent choices, including delicious made to order waffles! I would definately stay again and even though I am sure the other rooms are just as nice I would stay in the junior suite again as it was perfect!

Room Tip: the higher rooms would be quieter and an external facing room has a view of the city
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GloriaSome,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, in this case, it's even better with a 5-star review.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I would have to say this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the breakfast was amazing. There is a lovely central atrium with comfy chairs around water features where you can have a drink in the evenings or coffee in the afternoons. Above all were the genuinely friendly staff who were so helpful and full of smiles - they genuinely seemed pleased to be working there. The hotel is in a great location in Hanoi, in the French quarter just near the Opera house and the Metropole hotel. Its within walking distance to all the major sights and in a nice part of town. If I was ever visiting Hanoi again I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere other than the Hotel de l'Opera. This hotel made my stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear GillaR,

We very much appreciate your 5 star review regarding your stay at the Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive such a wonderful feedback.

I will pass your comments to the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.