“Comfortable, safe, convenient, friendly”

Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi
Ranked #79 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here at the suggestion of our tour operator arranging our trip to Halong Bay, Vt.

This was a great place, especially the location, to walk around the nearby parks and shops. Be careful of the crazy motorcycle drivers.

The rooms were very nicely decorated and comfortable.

ATMS weren't working nearby so we had no problem getting Vietnamese currency at the front desk.

A lot of business travelers were here and ate in the dining room. The food was good, but not great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear ktuerff,

Thank you for the great review. I'm delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

There are newer reviews for Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in a standard room. Found it very comfortable, convenient and very well appointed. Downstairs courtyard had great ambience for a late night drink. Breakfast buffet excellent except the tea and coffee always seemed luke warm not hot and wait staff a little inexperienced. Minor issues only, room and overall decor were outstanding.

Room Tip: try to get the side road to minimise traffic noise. Rooms facing central courtyard may have a differ...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear crazyed,

Thank you for the great review, I'm delighted to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us and thanks also for mentioning the courtyard which is one of our main features, we try to create a quite garden space for our guests to relax with a few drinks in the middle of this bustling city, I'm glad that you liked it.

I hope some minor issues wouldn't stop you to choose Hotel de l'Opera to be your new holiday home everytime you travel to Hanoi.

Looking forward to welcome you again and I'll have your favourite drink ready in the courtyard.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel de l'Opera would have rate as one of the best hotels I have had the pleasure of staying at in recent times. Luxury and quality all the way at this gem.

We booked last minute via the Accor website at a discounted rate for members. On arrival we were warmly greeted by the door and bell staff. Once inside I was impressed...YES.. this was what I needed some luxury and pampering after an uninspiring stay at another Hanoi hotel (review to come) and an horrible minibus trip back to Hanoi from Halong Bay.

The staff at reception were warm, friendly and welcoming indeed and English was excellent. Check In was fast and before long we were heading up to our room.

On arrival to our room it was WOW ....amazing ..beautiful and everything I was needing at this point in time. The room was spacious and everything you would expect of a luxury hotel, on seeing the amazing bed ...OMG I was even more impressed you literally had to climb onto it, it was so luxurious and huge and the bathroom was exquisite. There was an issue with the air conditioning on the first night and once brought to the attention of Reception staff a complementary upgrade to a suite was offered and taken. The suite was even more luxurious....with first class L'Occitane amenities and even more spacious. The stunning claw foot bath made an impressive statement indeed.

The location in the Old Quarter is excellent with all tourist sites you would like to see just a walk away or a short taxi ride which is reasonable in price. The hotel doorman will organise reputable taxis for you rather than taking the risk of perhaps getting a not so reputable one off the street.

Room service was fast and extremely well presented and tasted wonderful. Breakfast was included in our room rate and there were plenty of choices both Western and Asian style.

The only negative of our stay was the staff at breakfast...what a sour lot they were...not a smile or any sort of welcoming persona to any of them. It was like the were above serving a client and I must admit I felt a little uncomfortable, just for a second. The breakfast staff were the total opposite to all other staff. I have to give a special mention to the Concierge on duty when my husband had an issue with his mobile phone, this gentleman went above and beyond to help and it was greatly appreciated. My husband neglected to get his name at the time but if he reads this I am sure he will know who he is.

Overall I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and would have no hesitation in booking again myself at the earliest opportunity and I wish I could have stayed much longer.

Hotel de l'Opera I loved every minute and yes I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank leethomo

Dear leethomo,

Thank you for the "finest" review, we value the feedback and every comment helps us on our journey to create hotel that guests love. I am delighted that you enjoyed our personalized service as well as the room. It's great to hear you mentioned about our bed which is one of a kind in Hanoi and of course one of our main features. The hotel is in a prime location and I hope you had a great time exploring the old charm of Hanoi.

I was disappointed to hear that you felt a little uncomfortable during the breakfast, I already passed your comment to the team and make sure next time you walk in the restaurant, there will be full of smiles.

I would be delighted to welcome you back soon to enjoy our WOW rooms.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We booked this last minute thru Accor for $146 per night inc breakfast. We were very impressed by the quick, friendly check in and our rooms were amazing, I just wish we could have stayed longer. The location was great, close to the old quarter, the lake, the shopping plaza and all the shopping streets, we could have easily spent a few weeks exploring Hanoi, loved it, and this hotel was the icing on the cake. Room service quick, delicious and very well presented. Only hassle was air conditioning wasn't working on day 2, I was enquiring anyway about an upgrade, which was offered complimentary to myself and the rest of my family. We were very happy with the upgrade to the lovely suites, with the to die for l' occitane amenities. Breakfast was Buffett and a la carte which was also faultless. Pool indoor style, with outdoor seating area. I would highly recommend this hotel, and can't wait to return ( hopefully soon ). The beds were the comfiest I have ever ever experienced.

Room Tip: Suites are worth the little extra
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear bettyluvstravel,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review, It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

excellent modern hotel near old quarters. spacious rooms, comfortable bed. if you want to visit the old quarters and museums this hotel is perfect, for the new city it's to far away. food is nice and staff speaks good english

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Jack W,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful five star experience, excellent food, huge bed with excellent bedding, palatial bathroom and cool decor. Staff in restaurant were very warm and helpful. Hotel located centrally near the opera house and was well situated for exploring the city.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Matt P,

Thank you for your "faultless" review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi as we try to create a hotel that guests love and in this case we have succeeded.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We spent our honeymoon at the Hotel de l'Opera - and had a wonderful time. Right in the middle of the old part of Hanoi, the location could not be much better. And the quality of the hotel, the rooms, the restaurants and the service from the staff left nothing to be desired.

We booked a suite which was great value for the money. A nice big room with a very comfortable bed and a great bathroom. On our last day - returning from an overnight trip - we were upgraded to the hotels biggest suite - which was a great way to spend a night of our honeymoon.

The breakfast was very good - and we had dinner one night at the hotel's café. It is expensive compared to other restaurants in Hanoi, but the food was wonderful and we enjoyed the high level of service from the staff. Especially the young waitress Trang made us feel more than welcome and made a great effort in explaining the food and the options to us - she seemed extremely dedicated.

All in all just a perfect stay in Hanoi and we will definitely return next time our travels takes us to Hanoi.

Room Tip: The grand suite on floor seven is worth the extra cost for a special occasion.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple