Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,617 results
All reviewsopera housem gallerycafe lautreccentral atriumgrand suitefrench quarterold quarterpillow menuhoan kiem lakebeautiful hotelcomfortable bedhalong baysofitel metropolebreakfast buffetstreet noiseboutique hotelwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at Hotel de l'Opera in January and enjoyed every aspect of our stay. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The room was a beautiful luxe hideaway with an amazing fairytale bed and great bathroom. The interior styling is dark lacquered floors and walls with pops of bright jewel colours and lush fabrics, designer lighting and a divine floor rug. We enjoyed all of the hotel facilities including the buffet breakfast and the spacious relaxing courtyard - an oasis after a day soaking up busy Hanoi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel provides high standard of rooms and common areas. The pool was excellent. Staff are very committed to providing a high quality service and assist clients. The food was of a very high standard and value for money. I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Theresa232
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A few days prior to arrival I received an international phone call from the Hotel confirming my booking and offering me a better room for the same price. Now that's a good start! This is a good choice for Business or a holiday stay when in Hanoi. The location is very good. Close by is the famous Metropole and Opera House, large monuments and squares; plus it is a healthy 20 minute walk to the old town via Hoan Kiem lake, which has some beautiful spots for photography with the hanging trees over the water and of course plenty of people watching to do on the way. I booked a business package room which included perfectly functioning wifi. The room was very good; the bed unusually high but very comfortable and the Restaurant served good food from breakfast, through to lunch and dinner. Don't bother with the wines though, over-priced on the basis of having any French wine producers label. Taxis are easy to obtain via concierge, cheap and the price is clearly recorded on the meter. The city doesn't have the edginess of HCM city and is a little tired, but like all great historic Asian cities, it has its charm. The Hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve D
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Steve D,

Thank you for you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback from your most recent stay with us.

It's always a great pleasure to receive such a positive feedback and it will serves as an encouragement to all of our staff so that the quality of service is continuously improved.

Once again thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Hanoi.

With kind regards,

Bodo Klingenberg
Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - member of MGallery Collection

Reviewed June 4, 2013

You may be surprised when you walk in the room - the beds were like 4 feet from the floor; kinda hard for seniors like me to climb up. Otherwise, everything else is perfect. The shuttle service is especially useful to go to major attractions. The legendary Metropole Hotel and the Opera House is just round the corner.Tony TONG from Singapore

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Tony T
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel de L'Opera for 6 nights in May 2013. I found it to be a very welcoming hotel, with beautifully appointed salon rooms. The bed was THE most comfortable I have slept in (and I've stayed in a LOT of hotels) and the room was just a very lovely environment to return to after a day out and about in the Ha Noi heat.
I used the gym which was basic but ok. I also used the pool which was lovely, with a mirror in the ceiling which was quite fun to look up at whilst doing backstroke :-)
I didn't eat in the evenings in the hotel as there were too many wonderful places out and about in Hanoi. I did have breakfast in the hotel and this was excellent. A wide range of english, continental, vietnamese, eastern breakfast choices and prompt service if you wanted things off the a la carte breakfast menu.
I used the laundry service and got all my packing dry cleaned. Everything came back folded beautifully with my shirts starched just the way I like them.
The cocktail bar (La Fee Verte) created beautiful cocktails and was a lovely place to unwind in the evening.
I found the concierge/reception staff to be very helpful. They booked cyclo (rikshaws) and taxi for me, recommended restaurants, arranged trips etc.
All in all - this was an excellent hotel in which to stay. :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business