Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,617 results
All reviewsopera housem gallerycafe lautreccentral atriumgrand suitefrench quarterold quarterpillow menuhoan kiem lakebeautiful hotelcomfortable bedhalong baysofitel metropolebreakfast buffetstreet noiseboutique hotelwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed here five nights. This was a beautiful hotel. Very attractive and modern reception area. The rooms were well designed with more attention to styling detail than typical hotels. Very luxurious in many ways. I did experience some issues with strange odors in the bathroom area. Plumbing in Vietnam is a challenge to many hotels, I think. Also, the staff is very well intentioned but language barriers can get in the way of efficiency. The bar is very chic and they serve a great drink! Too bad it was so empty when I was there.

Room Tip: Maybe a lower floor would be a good choice for non-smokers. I think sometimes smoke rises in the ac/heating/ventilation systems. If you are sensitive to smoke, perhaps in addition to asking for a non-smoking room, a lower floor might help.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank dkj160
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear dkj160,
Thank you for your review toward our hotel- Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi.
I am glad to know that you are impressed by our hotel's design which is in a modern, luxurious and stylish accents. As far as you may recognise that in the hotel, the classical is interpreted in a very modern way. It's also great that you like our bar and its drink. For your kind information that we are now having Live Music by DJ Cache every Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at La Fee Verte bar.
Regarding the strange odor in the bathroom and the language barrier, I will have a seperate discussion with my colleagues and believe that it will be improved for your next stay.
Thank you and we hope to welcome you again soon in Hanoi.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was quite impressed with this Hotel. The location is great, close by restaurants, the Opera and the Lake!
Well designed rooms, great breakast. The beds a super comfortable but very high. (quilts are a little heavy) I liked them but for older people may present a problem getting in and out of bed... if your prone to falling out of bed, i would wear a helmet as from this height you could do yourself a serious injury!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert H

Dear AsiaSpecialistNL,
Thank you for spending time to give your review on tripadvisor.com.
It's great to hear that you like our hotel in terms of location, being well-designed, breakfast and bedding experience.
It would be great to welcome you at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Lovely hotel, on the newish side, just kitty-corner from the Metropole. Great location, wonderful service and staff. Rooms aren't large, but beds are sumptuous and bathrooms very cool--but no tub. Very clean rooms and public areas are clean and modern. There was no notice that the pool and gym area were under construction and closed or that there was some afternoon-early evening construction noise--loud hammering. It is a lovely spot, but there is a great deal of vacancy in Hanoi hotels right now, so I moved to the Medallion Hanoi hotel which was 60% less than the the Opera--with the discount, with just as nice of rooms. Since I wasn't made aware of the pool issue and the construction noise beforehand, I probably wouldn't book this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank BalihighSeattle_WA

Dear BalihighSeattle_WA,
Thank you for taking time to write review on our hotel.
It's my pleasure to know that you have good impression to our hotel's location, services and staff. For your kind information that in our L'Opera Suite and L'Opera Grand Suite categories, we offer bathtubs.
I am sorry that the pool and gym were not yet operational during your stay and glad to let you know that they are now ready. For the noise issue, may I explain that they are from our neighboring contruction sites meanwhile our hotel's sound insulation is being technically improved.
Thank you and it will be my pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

So amazing, look dull and old outside but modern and elegant inside. Located conveniently in the heart of Hanoi, few steps to the Opera House and Sword Lake; 5-10 minutes to the Old Quarter.
The room was spacious with great amenities. I loved the bathroom, the soap and slept very well on its soft, comfortable bed. The breakfast was quite simple in quantity but excellent in quality. The minus point might be the noise as my room looked down to Trang Tien St which was noisy all day.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Kiet Q

Dear LQK2010,
Thank you for taking time to give us your comments about our hotel on tripadvisor.com
I am delighted to hear that you like the hotel's location, our spacious room, the soft and comfortable bed and the quality of our buffet. I will discuss further with our Executive Chef on the Buffet and also deliver your compliment to my colleagues.
Please kindly be assured that the noisy issue is being under improvement and I would welcome you in the near future so that you see how it's improved.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Fantastic hotel !!!
Centrally located, the rooms are good size with a fantastic 6 star rating bed and linens. We have primary school age kids and they love the niche, stylish decor in the rooms and throughout the hotel. They have one restaurant headed by a lovely Vietnamese French chef and she makes the best buffet breakfast and dinner. Our family and our friends enjoyed our stay despite the swimming pool is not completed which never happened when you have kids and no pool. They have a nice little bar but we find the it's a bit pricey, breakfast and dinner were reasonably priced and very good value. I was pleasantly surprised by the high standard of reception and quality of foods and accommodation. We'll definitely return with//without kids.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family