“We were well taken care of!”

Marco Polo Travel Vietnam Mountain Bike Private Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$195.00*
and up
Hoa Binh Mountain Bike Tour from Hanoi
Ranked #140 of 467 Outdoor Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanoi bike tours belong by Marco Polo Travel, was founder by Joe Nguyen provide cycling holiday travel as mountain bike, professional asphalt road cycling . Joe was open Marco Polo Adventure Cycling since 2002 ,"one man show" business for biking tours in 2005, tries his best experience to give pleasure for tourists . No one knows the remote villages and dirt trails of Northern Vietnam or the hidden single track better than Joe - true adventure cycling in Vietnam.
Seattle, Washington
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“We were well taken care of!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Since my husband and I enjoy cycling and have a long road bike ride we are training to do in the US this summer, we decided we would like to get a long ride in for training while on a short trip to Hanoi. Joe was very responsive and tried his best to meet our desires for some sights and to be on a road bike. In hindsight, I would have used a hybrid or mountain bike on our 90 km ride because there was a fair amount of bad road and some unpaved sections which were very jarring on a road bike, but Joe had just tried to give us all we had wanted and we switched from a less interesting highway ride at the last minute. He was very flexible and he and his cohorts were patient when my back started bugging me in the second half and I need to stop and stretch often. I loved seeing the villages and countryside and taking a local ferry across the Red River. I would just suggest picking the ride you want and going with his suggestion of what kind of bike is best for that ride. Great guy and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Joe at all.

Manila, Philippines
“Nice Track MTB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

When I first heard about vietnam cycling, I became curious to try it. As one who loved MTB, tried every track in the world is our dream. When we arrived in Vietnam, the first goal was eager to try the MTB tracks in there. Previously we have decided to work with Joe from Marcopolo Travel, we chose it because, according to some sources Joe's is the best for this.
As an experienced MTB'er I didn't know what to expect really but I surely got my bike kicked by Joe and the downhill single tracks in MaiChau. The experience was fun and scary at the same time making it the perfect adrenaline rush to keep you going and long for more.
This is very different from a lot of tracks that I've ever tried, Joe has taken me on a very challenging track which I had been looking. Although I have not been able to master the track perfectly, but I am very happy.

We cycled through a lot of challenging tracks with an unspoiled atmosphere. Really exciting and enjoyable cycling for about 3 hours with Joe, honestly though very exhausting but very satisfied for that.
At the end of this adventure, Joe invites us to enjoy delicious culinary bersistirahat and vietnam. WOW ...... Joe services really the best, we love it.
I'll be back for sure, offroad riding is a sport of it's own and one to be mastered! 3
Thank you Joe for this great adventure of MTB

Corona, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Best Tour Guide for Motorbike in Hanoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

That’s our tour guide' name “Thai Tinh” for our Northwest Loop in March, 2013. We called him our fearless leader, but yet sensible, caring, personal and as always practical and attentive to our needs, wants and be the local know-how to settle on our differences. We all still bask in our 6 glorious days of the trip, even though we’ve been home for several days now. We all felt welcomed and at eased right from the start, perhaps because he’s our countryman, amongst with two(2) of his wonderful/friendly/heplful protégé/partner named Long and Loc. He’d spoke to us in Vietnamese whenever necessary, but his command of English is just like a local guy in Bolsa, Westminster California :), we’ve as much fun with him as the ride itself. His Local Knowledge and experiences help us navigates the madness of Hanoian’ Traffic as well as the most beautiful roads, mountain passes, minus the 40km dub “Highway to Hell” from DBP-Muong Lay– Lai Chau…. to all the way to Lao Cai, which is our final destination of the ride, and what a ride it was, we stopped at practically every “Km-Marker” from Sapa to Lao Cai, or savor every last km of it. Should you ever inspired to take the Motorbike tour of the country, you should look him up… we know we will for our next trip all "7 riders" of us.... and perhaps more will join us for our next "Northeast Loop" from Ha Giang to Hai Phong, since everyone have seen our video of the trip :).

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CuongL_13
Hamburg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely week with Joe and his team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Previously I often hear news about vietnam cycling. And I think it's definitely just a regular bike and nothing great with it.It turns out all wrong, because after I got the chance for a trip to Vietnam with my friend, so we could try vietnam cycling.Having tried it I just feel that vietnam cycling is really great and deserves to be recommended to anyone looking to vacation to vietnam.
Honestly I say that Joe's team always provide an excellent service. We had a lovely week with them. The selection of mountain bike trail is perfect. They have from beginners / easy / difficult / advance to Expert only. North west Vietnam mountain trail is one of our favorite and we can ride it everyday.the tour is short but makes you want more of it when you're done. I would also like to be Able to do this trail everyday.
Maybe you can ride whenever and wherever, but Vietnam cycling is different and I am sure that you will be happy and love it. Please try it! Surely you will agree with me.
Once again, thanks to Joe's Team

2 Thank Sandra_Semok
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Memorable experience with this company, highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I love physical outdoor activities, so during our trip in Vietnam a year ago, we decided to go on a guided bike tour with Marco Polo Adventure Cycling.

We had chosen the Sa Pa Mountain Bike tour and had a phenomenal experience. The itinerary was well scheduled and organized. We had gone off-roading and saw the Hoang Lien Son Mountain Range, where the views were absolutely amazing. We also cycled up to the Tram Ton Pass... probably my most favourite part of the trip. It really felt like I was in a postcard! The scenery was gorgeous and beautiful. My husband's favourite part of the trip was when we passed through various rice fields and banana plantations in the small villages of Red Hmong and Kho Mu. Although we had two hard climbs during that time (couldn't forget them since they were a real challenge), we still had a fantastic adventure.

Overall, my husband and I had a fabulous trip and would highly, HIGHLY recommend this biking tour guide company to anybody. We have to thank Joe and his team who went riding with us for this memorable experience.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Megan L

Travelers who viewed Marco Polo Travel Vietnam Mountain Bike Private Day Tours also viewed

Been to Marco Polo Travel Vietnam Mountain Bike Private Day Tours? Share your experiences!