“Yakushi Massage” 4 of 5 bubbles

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Yakushi Massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

My family of four each had a massage at this place. All of us had a good experience and reported their massages as relaxing and rejuvenating. Some of us even fell asleep! All in all, it is a great place and we wouldn't mind coming back again.

Visited June 2014

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Ineffectual”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

What a disappointment after reading so many good reviews on here. The staff gave us a warm and friendly welcome and offered us cup of tea or water upon our arrival. The usual set-up with a large room with massage tables separated by curtains, but it was all very clean. The massage itself, however, left much to be desired. Our masseuses appeared to have no real training and employed amateurish techniques that mimed stereotypical massage gestures. There was no attempt to diagnose any particular tension points or other areas that might have needed more attention. Occasionally they employed bizarre slapping gestures. They did ask if we would like light or hard pressure, but it did not make a difference. All in all the experience amounted to little more than vigorous rubbing.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank VeryAmateurReviewer
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Not good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Just Massage is nice, but system is poor, reception staff is not kind to everyone. they re just polite to the Western guests
I dont want to go there anymore.

3 Thank 신짱구
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Affordable and Professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Visited on 2nd and 3rd May 2014.

This 3-storey wellness centre is tucked neatly in a small alley. They only have female masseurs but these ladies have a lot of strength. Both my fiancee and I had acupressure massage for 2 days in a row, 90 minutes each and it only cost us VND310,000. That's about SGD20 or USD15.

The place is clean and comfortable, especially those mattresses we lied on. My very-mattress-picky fiancee commented that she wanted to buy it home! Haha..never failed to make us fall asleep during the massage session.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank AlvinKKL
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great value, not luxurious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Tried the 90' hot stone (330K VND = $16 USD) massage and acupressure massage (310VND = $15 USD) for myself and my husband on a Saturday afternoon. My hotel called to book the appointment 1 day in advance, and luckily they squeezed us in. They are usually booked up on weekends, so make arrangements early. The staff was courteous and professional. Our cab ride from Old Quarter to Yakushi cost 70K, about 15' around weekend 4:30pm traffic. If you are flexible with timing, they offer happy hour 10% off on Tuesday and Wednesday at 1pm (check their website for exact times)

Now, on to the massage. I was brought to the 3rd floor in a shared room with curtains to separate me from 2 neighbors. I hung my purse at the head of the massage table on the wall hooks. I told them that I wanted more focus on the shoulders, so they started out with a traditional Swedish type massage there. The pressure was light-medium, and they asked if it was "okay" about 3 to 4 times throughout the entire 90' massage. Then the masseuse coated me with some oil, and started the hot stone massage. She was methodical: back, neck, legs, feet, arms, turn over, legs, arms, and face. The 90' passed quickly! I didn't fall asleep though since I could hear cupping, shiatsu, and snoring from my neighbors. My husband had a private room on the 1st floor right next to the lobby and said that he could hear conversation from there. Our rooms were not air conditioned so it was a little sticky with the usual summer humidity.

There is a bathroom there with a shower stall, but I assume the shower is for those that use the steam room or sauna. We did not shower at their facility before our massage.

Overall, we thought the massages were good, absolutely a great value if you aren't looking for the "ambience" of a luxurious spa. If you are around the area, consider wrapping up with this place. You can plan 1 day starting promptly at 8am at the Temple of Literature, then Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex (we skipped the actual viewing of Ho Chi Minh due to the hugely long lines), botanical gardens, then wandered around West Lake along Thanh Nien bridge.from there we took a taxi to the Sheraton Hotel area. It's lakeside location makes for a quiet and beautiful stroll if you are early to your appointment at Yakushi.

Visited May 2014