“Affordable and Professional”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Affordable and Professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Visited on 2nd and 3rd May 2014.

This 3-storey wellness centre is tucked neatly in a small alley. They only have female masseurs but these ladies have a lot of strength. Both my fiancee and I had acupressure massage for 2 days in a row, 90 minutes each and it only cost us VND310,000. That's about SGD20 or USD15.

The place is clean and comfortable, especially those mattresses we lied on. My very-mattress-picky fiancee commented that she wanted to buy it home! Haha..never failed to make us fall asleep during the massage session.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank AlvinKKL

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great value, not luxurious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Tried the 90' hot stone (330K VND = $16 USD) massage and acupressure massage (310VND = $15 USD) for myself and my husband on a Saturday afternoon. My hotel called to book the appointment 1 day in advance, and luckily they squeezed us in. They are usually booked up on weekends, so make arrangements early. The staff was courteous and professional. Our cab ride from Old Quarter to Yakushi cost 70K, about 15' around weekend 4:30pm traffic. If you are flexible with timing, they offer happy hour 10% off on Tuesday and Wednesday at 1pm (check their website for exact times)

Now, on to the massage. I was brought to the 3rd floor in a shared room with curtains to separate me from 2 neighbors. I hung my purse at the head of the massage table on the wall hooks. I told them that I wanted more focus on the shoulders, so they started out with a traditional Swedish type massage there. The pressure was light-medium, and they asked if it was "okay" about 3 to 4 times throughout the entire 90' massage. Then the masseuse coated me with some oil, and started the hot stone massage. She was methodical: back, neck, legs, feet, arms, turn over, legs, arms, and face. The 90' passed quickly! I didn't fall asleep though since I could hear cupping, shiatsu, and snoring from my neighbors. My husband had a private room on the 1st floor right next to the lobby and said that he could hear conversation from there. Our rooms were not air conditioned so it was a little sticky with the usual summer humidity.

There is a bathroom there with a shower stall, but I assume the shower is for those that use the steam room or sauna. We did not shower at their facility before our massage.

Overall, we thought the massages were good, absolutely a great value if you aren't looking for the "ambience" of a luxurious spa. If you are around the area, consider wrapping up with this place. You can plan 1 day starting promptly at 8am at the Temple of Literature, then Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex (we skipped the actual viewing of Ho Chi Minh due to the hugely long lines), botanical gardens, then wandered around West Lake along Thanh Nien bridge.from there we took a taxi to the Sheraton Hotel area. It's lakeside location makes for a quiet and beautiful stroll if you are early to your appointment at Yakushi.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank howlermonkey415
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Foot Massage and Shiatsou”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I can only recommend this place.
Simple and cozy Health Spa with professional staff my favorite in Hanoi. Go and try you will not be disappointed!

2 Thank SilviaBaiardi
Melbourne, Australia
356 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 226 helpful votes
“Excellence achieved in Massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I found out about this place using TripAdvisor while doing some research. On the day of my appointment, I located it using Google maps.

Bookings are essential as this place is very popular. I booked through the internet 2 weeks in advance.

My wife and I enjoyed an hour of the acu-pressure massage. It was excellent. The place is clean and the staff are very professional. I wish there was a place like this near my home - I would visit it weekly.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank PlanetOz
Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent massage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Thankfully for tripadvisor reviews, we found out about this place, but only on our last day in Hanoi! It was just infront of our hotel (Sheraton) but we didn't know about it! I had the hot stone massage and it was great. My husband who is very particular about his massage also said his acupressure and oil massage was good. It was also cheaper than the massage centers at the old quarter, and very professional. They do facials as well. Book in advance though. Definitely worth the trip there (about 80,000 dong taxi ride from the old quarter). And then have a meal at Saint Honore across the street- another great tripadvisor recommended french cafe.

Visited March 2014