“Astounding results from a professional outfit.”
Review of Yakushi Center

Yakushi Center
Ranked #29 of 168 Spas & Wellness in Hanoi
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were in a desperate situation. My husbands back was very stiff and when he came out of this massage he certainly knew he had been worked over by professionals. The staff responded to his challenge which was to have him mobile and able to compete in a sports event two days later. Incredibly, they were successful. Although he walked out exhausted and sore from a thorough 2 hour going over, two days later, the results showed. Having already tried two massage places in Hanoi with no success over the previous five days, this place was an absolute stand out, professional and they clearly know their stuff. This is not a "spa" - this is a proper serious massage provider. If you want some of the more specialist massages, you do have to book in advance. No complaints, everything we needed and wanted it to be!

1  Thank shoppingguru

Reviewed May 29, 2013

After reading so many good comments, my wife and I have high expectation on this outlet. However when we managed to find our way there (it is not easy to locate as it is not on the main road) we were quite disappointed. It is just an ordinary traditional Vietnamese shop house and the massage room was partitioned by the curtain. There is no proper massage room. The type of massages which they were offering, were also limited. Nevertheless the massage was good and professional. The reception staff and masseur was friendly and courteous. It seemed that there was no other spa facilities such as steam bath available. Also we realized that all of their customers are foreigners and no locals.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went there today after reading the reviews on TA. Before going there, I checked on their website the different massage types and wanted to have a herbal massage as a first choice, only after came a hot stone massage. When I came in, the 3 ladies did not understand what I mean. I said: the herbal massage, as it is on your website. I paid 70000 VND for a single taxi ride and I could have a decent massage around my hotel too. Since they did not understand what I mean, I said: could you please go on your website, so that I can show you which massage I mean. Then they started talking and first did not want to let me on the website. They said: no, no herbal massage. After living in Asia I can fairly separate if someone talks about you or not and they clearly did.

After repeately saying if they PLEASE could go on the website so that I can show them what massage I want, one of the ladies did so only to tell me after I showed them: here, this is the herbal massage I want! that they do not offer this anymore and that the website is old. mhm, if you are number 1 on tripadvisor, should you not think about this before?

I have to say, I did not feel welcomed and the people at the frontdesk were unfriendly. Actually I was used excellent service in Vietnam so this came bit of a surprise.

The massage was good, but not special. Without the unfriendly ladies I would have given a 4 star rating, as it was clean and fair prices. But with this, I have to say that it was average and that I would not go the extra way just to get the massage.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I came across this centre on the net a few months ago whilst planning a trip to Hanoi, Vietnam. I knew that after the flights from Australia, and the following 4-5 days of tours and sight-seeing we would both be in definite need of a massage. The Centre is situated in a quiet alley way (across the road from the Sheraton signage). We came here on a Monday and we were welcomed by the friendly staff and given it was our first time there we were given the run-down of what we were able to have for a 60min session (I would highly recommend 90min). The place is very clean and staff were very professional. I had the aromatherapy/acupressure and my partner - aromatherapy/acupuncture. We were both booked in a room together with curtains dividing each massage table. Although the acupuncture is not as good (according to my partner - his acupuncturist back home is much better), we both felt very refreshed and VERY relaxed!! For each of us the price was 240, 000 VND ($11 Aud approx) which is excellent! We booked immediately for a Wednesday afternoon session this week (during happy hour 1-4pm). Be sure to book maybe 1-2 wks in advance for weekend appt. They also ask to call in the morning to confirm your appt that day. We have about 2 weeks left of our stay here, we will most definitely be coming back for more sessions!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stop your cab when you see Sheraton signage at Xuan Dieu St. The alley is between a mini market & a spa, going a down slope. The setting is unpretentious, down to earth and clean.

For my short stay of 4D @ Hanoi, went there twice!! 1st time without appointment so no female masseur. Desperate & seeing a promo VND210,000 for a foot massage, opted for the service and man what a great choice. Quickly I made appointment for another visit for hot stone massage at VND330,000 for 90mins massage.

All their masseurs are highly trained. If you get a newly trained masseur, the receptionist will inform you & even offer a small discount. Honest service.... and discourage tipping! Very busy, you will see with many expats frequent the place so do call in advance for an appointment. Happy hour: 10% discount on Tue & Wed from 13:00 - 16:00.

After massage, cross the st for St. Honore for a cuppa and a pineapple cake. A perfect way of ending a perfect day.....

4  Thank CherylYPS