“Location and cleanliness”

Ranked #22 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Lisbon, Portugal
“Location and cleanliness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel is located in the heart of Hanoi, close to the lake, the theater and so on. It was very very clean and the room they assigned us was very pretty, very well decorated and comfortable.
They can be a bit pushy about tours, true, but try to use that in your favour because you can actually get better prices than on the internet (much better) and, for instance, I paid a standard room but because I bought a tour to Tam coc with them they upgraded me to an excellent room.
I also use their cleaning service that was cheap, good and efficient. The breakfast was decent, but in Vietnam one should eat in the street. They were kind enough to keep my big backpack while I went to Sapa for a few days and then returned there. After returning from Sapa at 6 am they allowed me to check-in, which was very good.
Other tahn being a little bit pushy for tours, the staff is actually nice if you manage to be friendly and make a few jokes with them.
We booked airport pick-up, a driver was waiting for us and the service was cheap.
Considering that the wife and I paid 17 euros with breakfast included I have to say that it was overall an excellent experience.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in budget hotels our whole trip and this was my least favourite. from the moment we walked in the door, clearly exhausted from our day of travelling, the staff tried to sell us tours. Now this is quite normal in Vietnam but we felt like we couldn't even go to our room, we would have been happy if he just gave us some quick info about the tours but found him very pushy. I was travelling with my fiancé and also felt the male staff members would barely even say hello to me as I was female and just started speaking with my partner and totally ignored the fact I was there. The wifi didn't work in our room on the 5th floor. Also there was loud mechanical noises coming from the loft above us throughout our second night there so we hardly got any sleep. They stopped the machine when we called reception but it started up again later in the night. They apologised but thought they might compensate us in some way. The room was stuffy and damp smelling- i dont believe we were given the superior suite we booked and paid for. The breakfast was good but that was about the only thing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Meggsyjane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights here, after randomly choosing it first night I arrived Hanoi. I immediately fell in love with my french style looking room. Also, staff working there is really kind, easy going and funny. Its clear they really like to work there, because they were there all the time! Sometimes I wondered do they sleep at all. (Later other guest told me that hotel is family bussines)

Anyway, if U want to have nice hospitality in original interior, also in a very good location - close to anything, but enough far of Old quarter nightlife - this is your place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The location of the hotel was fantastic! The driver they got picked us up from the airport with no problems at all. The hotel staff was so helpful and friendly, it made getting around easy. We dod have a loudspeaker next to our room that was dome kind of propaganda newspaper at 7:00am. We use a sleep ap, but we were up anyway, so we just found it funny.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

You could be in a small hotel in the quarter Montparnesse and pay about 150.00$ a night.
Or you stay here, and pay 18.00 for the same thing.
The hotel was built by the French probably in the 1920s- and then renovated by different owners over the years. But the bones of the hotel are the same: great winding marble staircases with old wooden banisters, high ceilings, wood furniture, good beds and as quiet at night as a dream in space. With
breakfast included. And attentive and great staff.
For my money, this is where I want to be. And I'd come back.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank esteban55
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Rooms are very clean. The interior is quite charming and staff is helpful and friendly. The owner speaks english fluently and is very helpful when it comes to giving directions.
Our breakfast was good as well. The price is unbeatable. I would always come again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Decent place with reasonable rooms (clean, comfortable, secure) for the price although shower left a little to be desired. The breakfast wasn't up to much but not a huge issue given everything you've got in the vicinity (and especially the street food!). Friendly staff who will book tours, train tickets, etc. for you. Would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends