“Very pleasant & helpful team at the Camel”
Review of Camel City Hotel

Camel City Hotel
Ranked #36 of 662 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed there for 5 nights and also booked a Halong Bay Tour and Train Ticket at their service desk. Overall the stay was very nice - the room was clean, bed was comfortable, the staff really responded fast whenever anything was wrong or I needed help and they were friendly and genuinely happy too. They had good advice about taxi's, fees, locations, etc. I would definitely recommend a stay there. I felt myself and my things were always safe - and I have my laptop and iPad (along with normal travel stuff) with me so it matters. The location was good, breakfast was included and quite tasty (I love the fruit) too.

Only two things to note - the cost of the train ticket seemed high compared to the price shown on the ticket. The travel agent covered the price of the ticket by stapling their card over the bottom corner and pasting it all on another card. Once that junk was removed the face value price was revealed. It appears they were trying to hide this from me. I expect to pay some commission for the trouble of getting the ticket but it seemed high compared to other countries where I used the same service.

The internet also went down a number of times (don't know if it was hotel or service provider issue) but they fixed it quickly and were thankful when I notified them.

Again, overall I was very pleased there and recommend them highly.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side so it had no alley noise and less sunshine so it stayed cooler also. I...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sh56703

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

First the positives:

Staff are very nice and easy to deal with. They arranged for me to have airport pickup in Danang by my next hotel which was great. They also quickly learned my name and we had some fun conversations. The location is awesome as it is about 30 metres from the bar strip.

Only negatives were they did not have the room I had booked when I arrived (leading to upgrade that I had to pay for) and you could not generally access the wifi in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We will always remember our stay in camel city hotel...it was one of our highlights in Vietnam. It was my birthday when I was there and the staff gave me two bottles of wine to celebrate it for me and my group of friends. I couldn't recommend camel city hotel highly enough. It was great value too.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank GKSheil
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Place is like many others but the staff is what made a diffrence for us.
We felted very velcomed and taked care off.
They went out of their ways in being helpful for example:
- acted as trnaslators
- showed places with excelent food
-direct us to shops/ markets

I would defenetly stay there again :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lidia K
Nguyen H, Owner at Camel City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Lidia K

Thank you for choosing our Camel City Hotel for your recent stay in Hanoi City

And thank you so much for your great review on Tripadvisor
Nothing is happier than seeing the customer’s recommendation record. You let us see your totally satisfaction about all services and that is also strong motivation for us in the future, not only make the guests feel satisfied but also over their expectation. We still day by day are working harder and smarter and receiving the reorganization or good reviews from the travelers like you.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at our Camel City Hotel

Best regards
Mr Hung

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My 10th time back to Hanoi, and back to this hotel as well. i love it, the staff, the food, the location the friendlyness. they are just the icing on the cake.

not to mention the owners are awsome and their cute little baby to.

very welocoming and a lovely stay.

pitty it was so hot there tho

any way i will come back for more . happy days

Room Tip: just wing it, you will be happy anyway
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank howden2011
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A great hotel with great staff. Camel city hotel is an ideal location for exploring the hidden gems of old town. We stayed for a week and really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel/

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is clean, the rooms well decorated, the staff is quite friendly and helpful, there are two computers for use and it is situated in a (relatively) quiet alley of the Old Quarter. Breakfast is included and worth it for the fruits and fresh juices. The only thing that bothered us was that as we trusted them, we bought them tickets for a night bus (their company Camel bus) to Dong Hoi, for 20$ each, and later found out that other passengers paid 12$ for Hue, which is further down the road. They also certified we would arrive in Dong Hoi at 6AM, but the bus arrived at 4AM. Of course, we should have checked the real prices before, but it's like they didn't care because we were leaving. If you are used to backpacking, we recommend you don't book any tour to Halong Bay or Tam Coc from Hanoi nor from the hotel but rather go on your own.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple