Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
eDreams
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2019

This hostel is wonderful. My wife and I stayed there 3 times this year.
There is tremendous customer service by all their staff, lead by Julie and Anna at the front desk. These two ladies are extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of tourism and hospitality: they organised wonderful tours for us, arranged airport pickups / dropoffs, and recommended good hostels in other cities.
Hanoi Old Quarter Hostel is in a great location in the heart of the old quarter- all the hotspots you will want to visit are within walking distance of the hostel.
The breakfast served is excellent. The rooms are spotless, bright, clean and well equipped. All of the staff- bellhops, cleaners, cooks, are super friendyl, professional and cheerful.
On our fist visit, the hostel (and many other hostels nearby ) was full: Julie called 15 different hostels / hotels for us. She found us a room for that night, had one of her staff take us there, picked us up the next day and gave us a discount on the rest of our stay. That is OUTSTANDING customer service.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelManagerLTL, Manager at Hanoi Old Quarter Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Dear Mr/Ms Elaine P,

We are thrilled to receive your perfect review about your recent stay with us at. From your beautiful feedback we are well notices that you are really enjoyed our tour arrangement, our attentive staff especially Ms. Julie and Ms. Anna, excellent location, good breakfast, cleanliness... That will be our biggest encouragement to continue the great work. The whole team will maintain our high quality personalized service to welcome you and your family back here one
day very soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2019

The Old Quarter Hostel is in the old town of Hanoi. The rooms are very nice and clean. Everybody in really courteous and polite there. Warm and friendly people. Breakfast is very good. I really recommend this place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Mr/Ms Niccipunz,
Many thanks for taking the time to write us a lovely review about your recent stay at Hanoi Old Quarter Hostel. Moreover your highly recommendation about the nice hotel room, attentive staff, good breakfast, central location what made you feel at home. We are really honored to have an opportunity to see you again.
Warmly regards,
Hanoi Old Quarter Hostel Management and Team.

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

We were collected from the airport and greeted with a refreshing drink and snacks. We were given an upgrade on arrival as we had requested a room as high up as possible (to avoid noise).

The staff are exceptional. We would like to thank Ms Thuy, Ms Anh, Hoang and Khoa for looking after us. The staff helped us to arrange train tickets and taxis, they recommended excellent local restaurants, helped us when we had any issues and always greeted us with a smile.

The breakfast was great. The showers were nice and hot. The bed was huge and very comfy. Our balcony was lovely and the room was nice and clean.

This place is really welcoming. A home away from home. The service was exceptional and we would strongly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mr/Ms KatiewC7836LN,
We really appreciated your kind words towards our staff Ms. Thuy, Ms. Anh, Mr. Hoang, Mr. Khoa and others who genuinely welcoming, friendly and helpful. Moreover thank you for your highly recommendation about our good service, breakfast, the comfy bed what made you feel at home. We are really honored to have an opportunity to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Had a brilliant stay here.

My first few nights in Hanoi on my first Solo trip. Staff were very helpful, my taxi driver from the airport (arranged by hostel) also took my friend to his hostel close by.

Staff gave great information and support on tours, laundry, phone services...all you could want!

Let my friend park his moped at the hostel in the day, delicious breakfast selection and room was gorgeous. Perfect location and lovely view with balcony.

Not a party hostel but met lovely people over breakfast.

Forgot to pay my laundry before leaving in a hurry and hostel contacted me to ask if I would pay to sister hotel in Hoi An. Very polite and happy to do so!

Would highly recommend!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Mr/Ms Jessica M,
We are very glad that my team has provided you our best customer service from your compliment about our helpful staff, good breakfast, perfect location... We will surely forward your compliment to our team for further encouragement. The whole team very much look forward to have another opportunity to welcome you back here with our team soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

What can I say about this place? Shall I start with the excellent location, right on the cusp of all the action but just enough steps away to give you a quiet nights sleep? Or perhaps the hot tea, rice cakes and fruit that was waiting for me upon my arrival? How about a room that was beyond my expectations for what is considered to be a hostel? No, maybe I should start with the most exceptional guest services staff I have received at any of the guest houses I have stayed at during my travels across SEA. Yeah, that’s a good start. Ann, Julie, Alex not only have what it takes to run a five-star hostel, they went above and beyond to make me feel at home in their beloved city. Julie, or Mom as I now call her, was so accommodating during my stay. Even before I arrived she had emailed me a full menu of tours and attractions in and around north Vietnam to help get me familiar with all there was to do and costs. When I finally did arrive, and had a chance to meet Julie, she could tell I still wasn’t sure what tours or sites I wanted to see, and rather than push me into this or that like so many other places, she pointed out other things I could do and see around the city in the meantime while I thought it through. In fact, to help ease me in and get accustomed to the area she recommended I do one of the local food tours around Hanoi. I thought that was brilliant, and it ended up being well worth the small cost. Then, when the time was right, we sat down and went over the various options for the Halong Bay cruise, and never once did she show any irritation or exasperation when I went back and forth between this boat and that boat, this star level or that, until finally we narrowed it down to the three best choices and I made my pick. Now, I can be a bit of a homebody when it comes to new cities, someone who likes to just dig in and soak up the culture if you know what I mean. I’m also not really one to commit to a big itinerary of activity. But I must say, Julie nailed this one. The Halong Bay night cruise was uh-mazing! One of the most memorable experiences of my life, and I wouldn’t have done it without Julie, aka Mom, holding my hand and pushing me on the bus. Next there is Ann. I can’t say enough about this woman. From her huge cheery smile the first day I arrived, to the way she makes you feel so at home, it’s as if we had been friends forever. Each time I saw Ann during my stay it brightened my day. Super helpful with getting my bearings around the city and even offered to show me around her part of the city (but I had to leave :( unfortunately). But that’s not even the best part. It just so happened my stay in Hanoi fell during Tet, the Vietnamese New Year. Though I knew I would find a great time no matter where I went, Ann made it even better. The day prior, upon my return from Halong Bay, I had to change hostels cause I forgot to book another night (Luckily they had a sister hostel just down the road that Julie was able to set up for me with no issue at all). I was sad to be leaving this wonderful place, but Ann wasn’t letting me out that easy. She invited me to come back for a New Years celebration dinner in which Alex cooked up a full spread of the most delectable traditional Vietnamese foods. It was absolutely amazing and an awesome time had by all.

So I guess what I’m trying to say here to anyone reading this review. Don’t hesitate to book, especially if it’s your first time in Hanoi. You get everything you need...great location, very comfortable atmosphere, clean well decorated rooms with all you could possibly need to have a great nights rest, fantastic breakfast cooked to order, ample and very well priced tour options, a map of the city with recommend highlights, and finally, the best staff in all of Hanoi! Can’t wait to return!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Hotel Manager L, Người quản lý at Hanoi Old Quarter Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Dear Mr/Ms Scott R,
Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review of your experience with us and your heartwarming words about our team at Hanoi Old Quarter Hostel. It is always very gratifying to know you had a great vacation with services offered by our hostel team and you really enjoyed our great location, very comfortable atmosphere, clean well decorated rooms, attentive and helpful staff Ms. Ann, Ms. Julie, Mr. Alex that make you feel at home. Providing a special hospitality experience and personal attention to each of our guests is a part of the heart and soul of our hotel and we feel so touched as our effort was recognized. Once again, thank you for publishing such inspiring and motivating words on Trip advisor. We extremely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.