“Good for Business Travel in hanoi”

Grand Plaza Hanoi Hotel
Ranked #202 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Good for Business Travel in hanoi”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Fine hotel for any business traveler in Hanoi . very spacious and clean rooms . Have stayed here 2-3 times always comfortable. Nice swimming pool , Jacuzzi . The staff was friendly . You also have a club in the basement playing good music with many people on friday nite...

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sherry220

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

A perfectly fine hotel for business travelers or others visiting this area of Hanoi. Given that our meetings were very nearby, I found little to complain about during my visit. The staff was friendly. The rooms were spacious, clean, and well-equipped. The main restaurant offered a wide variety of high quality dishes. And the gym/health club was, like the rooms, spacious and outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment. Built by a Korean company (the first 2-3 channels on in-room TV are Korean-language) it's obvious that very little expense was spared in building and outfitting this hotel. Everything I like to see in a room wad provided for, right down to the shoe horn hanging in the closet.

What the hotel lacks is guests - at least, it did during my visit in Aug 2013. Perhaps it was off-season, and the tourists will appear by the bus-load when the heat abates, later in the year. Perhaps it was the relatively distant proximity to the city itself. Perhaps a bit of both.

Regardless, if you're a business traveler with meetings in that part of the city, you can do far worse for under $100. If you're a tourist traveling independently, try something closer to the city centre.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ironrooster73
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2013

On August 2, my team and I selected your hotel for our business trip to Hanoi for several reasons: 1) a five-star hotel assumed excellent and efficient services, 2) utilities such as internet service, etc… are reliable, 3)proximity to our vendor’s office. Although overall, the hotel met expectations, at check out, the hotel tried to charge us for 2 nights although we have only stayed for one night – the one night that is not happening yet. The hotel blamed booking.com for the paperwork error and refused to charge us fairly. When I requested Hien, the receptionist servicing us, to speak to a manager, she refused to address me and even said that she will not speak to me and will only address my employee. We were in a rush for our next meeting, the manager was never called although we repeatedly requested this, and we ended up paying for 2 nights.
To settle this quickly, we even offered to pay the commission that the hotel was paying booking.com in exchange for the one night that we did not stay in and the hotel refused. It seems that aside from the aggressive marketing that the hotel has spent, there were little booking that day and the receptionist was trying to trick us into paying what we did not spend. This is a behavior that I would see from mediocre hotels of 1 – 2 stars, where they are going through financial problems and trying to offset the expense regardless of ruining the customer experience, but I am very surprised to see this behavior from a junior staff working at a 5 star hotel.
When I told Hien that if she does not charge us fairly, we will post our experience on the social media channel, all travel sites, so that other customers do not have to deal with the same experience. Her response was – go ahead, do it.
I understand that this is a new establishment and it might take awhile to get the operation to operate in a 5-star manners. While other services such as Le Jardin restaurant offered excellent services, this horrible, sexist experience encountered was a big surprise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank XuanHuong L
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a massive block of a hotel, huge and without any character. With an entrance lobby the size of a football pitch. The modern rooms though are large, comfortable and pleasant enough, and my room on the 26th floor had a good view over the suburbs of Hanoi. The bathroom was especially nice. The main purpose of the hotel seems to be to take in large tour groups from the region, but I was there on business and found the facilities in the room pretty good. the Wi-Fi was excellent. One of the worst things about the hotel was the dreadful, always empty restaurants. After the first night, you realise that you have to eat out. Next trip, I shall be looking for a hotel that better reflects the character of Hanoi.

Room Tip: The higher in the tower block, the better the view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Was greeted by a gigantic Christmas tree in the middle of the lobby, can't believe anyone is still celebrating Christmas in March. Got a room on the 25th floor. The room was average, decor looks a little old, but bed was comfy. There are limited English TV channels, internet connection was okay. Breakfast was average, your usual spread other than a section serving Korean food. It's not near town, roughly a 20-30 minutes taxi ride to the Old Quarters.

The staff's command of English is not too good, so go very slow when speaking to them. For those who needs to satisfy their carving for Pho, you can try asking for directions to Pho 10 Ly Quoc Su. That was one of the nicest Pho I've ever tried IMHO, within a 10-15 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
North Wales
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is without doubt a classy hotel and has an impressive range of function rooms ideal for Buisness and other functions, in fact the week I was there the hotel hosted the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone.

This hotel has one of the best gyms I have ever come across with a very good range top quality equipment and even a 30metre running track in the gym itself. The swimming pool is also excellent.

This is a top class hotel with 5 restaurants serving Japanese, Chinese, Korean, European and Vietnamese food.
Rooms are spacious and well appointed with both a bath and a seperate shower.

I was a little dissapointed with the variety on the menu of the Vietnamese restaurant, I was expecting it to showcase the finest of Vietnamese food but it fell well short.
One other niggle was the lack of power points in the room only 1 on the desk and 1 on the wall away from the bed. I need to charge my phone each night (yes I know its my fault for having a Blackberry) and it serves as my alarm clock. And with a Laptop, tablet PC, sports watch, electric tooth brush all needing charging, 2 sockets were just not enough. This lack of sockets was also evident in the lobby seating area with only 2 sockets in the whole area which seats over 100 and I saw several people with laptops hunting in vain for a socket.

So the trick is to go accross the road to the BigC supermarket and spend $2.50 on an extension lead with multiple sockets. And while you are in the BigC go to the top floor and have some authentic Vietnamese food for a tenth of the cost in the Hotel.

Would I stay here again - Yes without any problem its a good hotel.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher the room the better the view. Standard Guest rooms range from the 5th to the 28...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was wery satisfied. Room was large, fully equiped,as well as bathroom. Many warious meals was offered for breakfast. Supermarket Big C is on the oposit corner, bars, restaurants, shops are on the road to downtonw.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business