All reviews old quarter great location hoan kiem lake rooftop pool halong bay water puppet theatre buffet breakfast top floor travel agent hotel is located night market booked this hotel street food the hustle and bustle street noise comfortable rooms stayed here for nights
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Have been staying in this hotel with my wife during our honeymoon. The rooms are modern and stylish and the hotel is in walking distance to most of the attractions of Hanoi. The street is not one of the main shopping streets and therefore the hotel is a good retreat zone coming out of the busy and noisy life of Hanoi. The staff was extremely helpful on that matter and took great care of me. This was really more than I could expect.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank William F
maydevillehotel, General Manager at May de Ville Old Quarter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear William F,

I am happy to hear that you and your wife have had a lovely stay at the May De Ville Old Quarter during your honeymoon trip to our city.

It was a real delight that you have enjoyed our service, location,and especially the staff in the hotel. Your satisfaction is our utmost reward.

I am looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a great renovation this hotel has done.
Stayed here for five nights during a business trip. The best hotel so far compared to my previous stays. This hotel has just finished their renovation, The new room hotel has an excellent, nice breakfast, friendly staff, perfect location. The value is more than what you pay for. You should ask Mrs Hoa about the tour. She was very helpful and excellent. Pricing was reasonable. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Elise012013,

I am truly glad to hear that you have had such an amazing time at the May De Ville Old Quarter.

It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed the service from the staff, room and the breakfast. Your wonderful feedback encourages us to keep on providing such high standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you on another occasion very soon.

General Manager.,

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

1. Wonderful Hotel Experience
I have been staying at the May De Ville Old Quarter while in town on an extended business trip. I must commend the entire staff on a positive, welcoming, and pleasant experience. I arrived in town in the early morning hours only to be welcomed by a friendly and knowledgeable staff member. Once checked in, our bags were escorted to our room to for us. Since then, every time I come or go, a staff member addresses me by name asking if they can assist in any way. The staff is wonderfully helpful offering dining suggestions, arranging transportation and answering questions. The entire staff is amazing! The breakfast buffet is a great way to start the day and the rooms are clean and quiet.

Date of stay: September 2013
maydevillehotel, General Manager at May de Ville Old Quarter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear bob k k,

I thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is always a pleasure for us to hear satisfied guests as we genuinely love to look after them.

We then look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We arrived at this hotel after 14 hours of travel with our teenage girls, to find that our rooms were not available due to renovations!
The did get us to another hotel in the French Quarter however a bit of communication would be helpful.
The next morning we had to phone all of our tours to get the pick up location moved.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Stueys-Crew
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We arrived to jack hammering and dust everywhere, but we were so exhausted and tired we just headed for our room. The staff were trying so hard to compensate for the noise and mess everywhere. I just feel this should have been mentioned when the booking was made, not happy Jan. The jack hammering starts at 7.30am and the plaster powder and dust falls all over you while you're eating breakfast. Our shower had no water coming out, so we couldn't shower until the second day. If the renovations were finished and the hotel was gleaming this would be my review - the beds are comfy and rooms are good size, with air cond, tv etc. Its location is good, right in the heart of the crazy hustle and bustle. Staff were friendly and breaky was good.

Date of stay: June 2013