“Best Vietnam experience by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Indochina Sails

Indochina Sails
More attraction details
Owner description: What better way to enjoy the spectacular scenery of this UNESCO World Heritage Site than on board an Indochina Sails or Valentine Junk! With over a decade of hosting international guests on the tranquil waters of Halong Bay, Indochina Sails is proud to be one of luxury cruise teams in the Halong Bay.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Vietnam experience by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Amazing experience well worth doing. Lovely boat with a very tentative crew. Great tour guide, who spoke English very well. Nice rooms, clean and well equipt. Our favourite part of the trip was the visit to the floating village. This rates as our number 1 experience in Vietnam. Well worth the money

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Unforgettable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I did the 2 days 1 night and we absolutely loved it! We only wish we had chosen to stay for an extra night as everything was amazing! The boat was beautiful, very clean, spacious and organized. The room was also beautiful with a very nice bathroom - I was not expecting that much on a boat. The service was superb! Very friendly and helpful staff. Food was good too. Again, if you can, do the 2 nights 3 days package so you will have mroe time to relax on the deck of the boat while travelling through beautiful Halong Bay. I definitely recommend it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Simoniinha
Creswick, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best way to see the Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We did the 2 night/3day tour. It was fantastic. Tuin, the happy Buddha, was a fabulous guide. The room was small but clean and the bed was comfortable, bathroom was lovely. The staff on board were excellent, more than happy to help. I also liked that Gerry, the general manager, came aboard each night to ensure we were all happy and enjoying ourselves. This tour is a definite must to see Halong Bay.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lesleyv76
Geneva, Switzerland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“See Halong on a great boat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

After agonizing over which boat to book for our Halong cruise, we ended up on the Valentine because several of my top choices were booked (so book early if you are certain you want to be on a specific boat). That said, Valentine was very lovely and totally met my expectations. And if you are looking at this calibre of boat, I don't really think you can go too far wrong.
There are some fairly minor differences in itineraries among the big operators, but these lux boats get you into quiet coves and allow time to swim, kayak, etc. Food was good and plentiful -- their Asian dishes topped the Western offerings. Crew was pleasant and attentive. Room well appointed, though ours smelled strongly of fuel on the second night (after re-fueling, I guess). I'd say that was my only real complaint, and I think it was just bad luck.
So, Valentine is a good option, particularly for couples. A word about these cruises in general: they are pretty activity-intensive. We felt our time scheduled rather rigorously, and I think that's true of other boats as well. If you want to skip something, you might have to stand your ground because the crew does expect you to keep to the schedule.
Halong is definitely worth the time; a two night cruise makes the long drive worthwhile and the Valentine is a lovely boat to sail on.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant halong bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Me and my husband booked our cruise via agency "Brilliant Halong Cruises" and we stayed at superior cabin on Indochina Sail. Me, i am pregnant, so i could not eat something like shrimps,oysters, lobsters in a shell. Noticed the operated manager amd they offered us a fantastic food for me and my husband. Our cabin was quiet, because i was not interested in a noisy atmosphere, so the cabin with a great ambience that made us feel comfortable(private bathroom, mineral water inroom for free). The cabin also owned a nice window that reached out of the Bay. Great walks in to the Cave, taichi & sundeck brought a romantic moment . It came to a great result for our tome in Halong Bay.

Visited April 2013