“Excellent Travel Agency in Hanoi”

Vietnam Awesome Travel
$58.00*
Day Trip to Bat Trang and Dong Ho Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Awesome Travel for Awesome Travelers, specializing in some private as well as customized tours to suit your desires and expenses. Come with us you will enjoy our local charm in Vietnam.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our group just arrived from a relaxing trip in Hanoi. Since we stayed there for only 3 days, we wanted to maximize every minute of our tour. I booked with Awesome Travel since it has good rating in Tripadvisor and this is really true! Mr. Anh was very prompt in answering all my e-mails and even offered me not to book through credit cards to save money on surcharge. When we arrived at Noi Bai Airport, the driver was there on time though we arrived late. Mr. Anh took time to call me to make sure that the driver brought us to our Hotel for check-in. He even gave us a complementary dinner for our group of 10 persons before we went home to our country. I think this company is very efficient and professional, highly recommended !

2  Thank Liza Maria Luci... G

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The start is early - around 6am on a Sunday morning, however for $1 anything is worth trying. Guide is very helpful, telling us lots of little bits of info about life in Hanoi for the locals and speaks good English. We did about 5km walk through streets of the old quarter and then a lap around the lake. After that we went down a side street for breakfast. Guide gives you a huge choice of food to choose from, but only wants you to choose either beef or chicken pho. It was so hot and humid so we decided to give the breakfast a miss. For $1 it is worth doing, if only to listen to what he tells you about cost of living, education system in Vietnam, lifestyle for the locals. The actual walk you can do yourself at a better time and more leisurely pace. If you do take this tour, try and be generous and give more than the small asking price, if your budget permits.

3  Thank mijah
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have booked the Hoa Lu- Tam Coc Tour & Sunday Morning Walking Tour which we have both enjoyed very much. Obviously the guides where not historians but provided us with a lot of historic and other facts and stories. Can recommend both trips even if the Hoa Lu-Tam Coc Tour is not the most obvious choice but it was really fun since we had both the bike and boat tour. In our 48 hours in Hanoi we have seen a lot in and outside of Hanoi.
Anh has been really been taking care and responded very quickly via emails and organized very reliably the itinerary up to the minute.He has been really going the extra mile.

1  Thank hstone5
Reviewed April 27, 2013

With Hanoi being our first place to visit in Vietnam, it was fantastic to do this food on foot tour. We got to experience the old quarter and taste many dishes with our very friendly and passionate guide, Huyen. We would never have tried the variety of food otherwise. And the amount of food was more than sufficient. The other advantage of doing this tour upon arrival was that Huyen taught us how to cross the roads! We don't know how we would have managed otherwise. Very well worth it! And excellent value for money!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

For first timers like ourselves in Hanoi, we found this tour a great way to experience real "local" Vietnamese cuisine and explore the Old Quarter. We booked the premium package and there was only the two (my girlfriend and I) of us on tour.

I've tasted many of the food types previously but not all. However, for my girlfriend, it was the first time she actually ate street food during our two week adventure of Vietnam. She tried everything from:

a) Deep fried eels (I haven’t had eel like this previously as well)
b) Various sea snails
c) Carp fish rice paper rolls
d) Coffee & egg (doesn't sound right, but actually quite nice)
e) Coffee & beer (sounds awful, but not too bad). This, I also had to try as it wasn't something I have tasted before as well.

She advised the food was delicious and she thoroughly enjoyed herself. I would agree with these comments.

Trang our guide was lovely. She was knowledgable, affable and her english was good enough. I hope one day she opens her bakery as she loves baking cakes!

I would recommend this tour if your looking to try authentic based Vietnamese street food!