Vietnam Awesome Travel
and up
Full day tour to Hoa Lu - Tam Coc in Ninh Binh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vietnam Awesome Travel, we specialize in some private tours as well as customized tours to suit your desires and expenses. Come with us you will enjoy our local charm.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Definitely the highlight of my trip to Hanoi. Our tour guide Michael was incredibly knowledgeable, honest and accommodating throughout the 3-4 hour tour of Hanoi. We had a wishlist of food items that we wanted to try and he politely obliged. We asked plenty of questions along the way and the information provided during the tour was insightful and comprehensive. The highlight of the trip for me was when Michael led us down a narrow path to a 80 year old lady who made rice wine. It was real and raw and capped off an amazing tour that all travellers should take up on their trip to Vietnam.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)
All reviews
"different places"
in 35 reviews
"local cuisine"
in 18 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 25 reviews
"hanoi food"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were in Hanoi from 18-22 October 2012 and 'Awesome Travel' has left us with a lasting. impression. The impeccable services provided, the hotel and tour arrangements were beyond our expectation. We never have any hip-cups during the duration of our stay and the tour guides were equally professional from the 'Food on Food' tour with Mr. Ha, to Perfume Pagoda with Mr. 'Huy" and with Mr. 'Star' on the Paloma Cruise. The hotel staff at Legacy Hotel where we stayed were friendly and helpful too. All in all, Awesome Travel has done a good job in providing us one the best travel experience we ever had. Kudos to Awesome Travel. We have no hesitation in engaging them again for our future tours to Vietnam.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I just completed a night street food tour and I cannot say enough good things about it. First of all, our guide Mr. Ha was amazing. Not only did he provide good food and drinks for us, he took us in the back alleys to show us where people live, and went above and beyond to incorporate all of our groups requests. If there was a type of food we wanted, he made sure we had it. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone in Hanoi. Mr. Ha is one of the best guides I have had during my entire 4 months in SE Asia.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I took the food tour and really enjoyed it. They took me to a whole bunch of places that I would have never discovered on my own and spared no expense. I was really really full at the end. I had expressed interest in a certain kind of food that we couldn't get during the tour because it could only be bought at one of the markets. Lo and behold, the next day it was waiting for me when I got back to my hotel. Nice touch!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

This tour was so awesome. My interest in Hanoi and it's food was starting to wane after being here for a week however this tour showed me a side of Hanoi that I never knew existed. Down little lanes (we never would have walked down alone) and side streets and into small homes and restaurants we got a new perspective on the place that we had walked around for a week. The food was awesome in one night we had vermicelli and pork, pho, suckling pig, snails, sugar cane juice, beer, wine, pot hot, stuffed rice noodles, Vietnamese tea, peanut candy and more. By the end I was feeling a little guilty for all the food we ate. The best thing about this tour was the flexibility you get the feeling like no request is too stupid I felt like I could ask for only orange foods or dishes invented before the 1860's and that could be accommodated. Mr Ha is a wonderful gentleman knowledgable, fun, kind and entertaining. He explained the economy of street food from whom to buy and when to order and what to pay. I really hope that awesome travel keeps this winning formula.... It must be very tempting to try and make the tour more standardized and predictable (for predictable budgets and possible expansion purposes) with scripts, set routes and uniform dishes, I.e. After going here and eating this then you will go and eat that. However that would totally ruin the personalised and spontaneous approach which makes this tour so special. Totally brilliant. Totally worth the money and simply an unforgettable evening!

2  Thank Summerbeep