“Great experience”

and up
Day Trip to Bat Trang and Dong Ho Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vietnam Awesome Travel, we specialize in some private tours as well as customized tours to suit your desires and expenses. Come with us you will enjoy our local charm in Vietnam.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My friend and I booked a two week tour of Vietnam entirely through Vietnam Awesome Tour. Mr. Anh was great to work with and was very accommodating of our inquiries and requests. I heard great reviews from tripadvisor but was still unsure of what to expect because we went with Vietnam Awesome Tour to help us with our trip from Hanoi to Hue, then from Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh. Overall, we are very satisfied with our experience. So glad we went with Awesome!

4  Thank jesek_lee
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
"different places"
in 35 reviews
"local cuisine"
in 18 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 25 reviews
"via email"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed June 19, 2012

my wife and I happen to be in Hanoi on Sunday, so we booked the $1 walking tour with Anh. we had a great time. Anh was very knowledgeable about the city, culture and food. we also booked with him our 2 day Sapa home stay tour, which was one of the best tours we had in Vietnam, and we booked our entire train ticket as well.
Thank you, Mr. Anh

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My holiday to Vietnam was to be my trip of a lifetime, so I researched carefully before booking. Mr Anh from Awesome Tours Vietnam had a consistently high rating, so I contacted him 6 months before my trip. We had an email exchange for some months, finalising details and deciding on an itinerary, which included hotels, and most meals.
I missed my flight to Hanoi because of problems with a connecting flight, but phoned Anh and gave him details of the rescheduled flight. He was every receptive, and a driver was there to meet me at the plane to take me to the hotel where Anh was waiting. He had a printed itinerary, which I had not seen before so asked him for a copy. He wanted details of the flights which I had arranged (I’d sent them to him in an email before leaving, and he had responded to say he had noted them), which he wrote on the itinerary, telling me he would get me a copy.
Anh took me out for a meal, that night being one of the ‘meals-included’ nights, and seemed very friendly. I have to say he is a very plausible young man.
Arrangements for the next two days went very smoothly, with drivers and guides turning up as arranged, and splendid tours (which were organised and run by Asia Pacific Tours, or APT, Awesome Travel not running tours of its own).
The first confusion came with my return from Sapa. When I arrived there, I had understood that I would be staying in a homestay with the hill tribes for one night, but the tour organiser said that hadn’t been booked. He contacted Awesome Travel and conveyed my request (again) for a copy of my itinerary. This was sent by email, and said that I should return by the 8.30pm train. The guide thought I should be getting a later one, but got me a seat on the 8.20pm, which arrived in Hanoi at 5.10am. No-one was there to meet me, so I waited until 5.45 then took a taxi to the hotel (50,000VND) .
Later that day Mr Anh approached me in the street outside the hotel and said I had taken the wrong train to be with my friend (?) and that he had been waiting for me since 5.25am. If so, I don’t know where because the station was not crowded at that time and I certainly did not see him, nor he me.
We went to his office, where I paid him for the entire trip. As we were leaving his office, he gave me a hard copy of the Itinerary.
Back at the hotel, I noticed that the two plane journeys had been substituted, one for a ten hour daylight rail trip and another for a ten hour daylight coach trip. I emailed him immediately, saying I did not want to change from air travel, but received no reply. After sending another message a day later, the reply came that I should ask the receptionist at the hotel in which I was staying to change it. There was a huge language problem, so I ended up spending my birthday on the top berth in a day train from Da Nang to Nha Trang. For those of you who don’t know about Vietnamese trains, the cabins in the carriages have four berths, and no seats, so you can either recline on the bed or stand in the corridor. I am retired now, so clambering up onto the top berth was no mean feat – there are no ladders.
The staff at the Ha Van Hotel in Nha Trang were marvellous. They arranged for me to stay with them for another night, liaised with the next hotel in Ho Chi Minh City regarding the change in plans and booked me a flight, arranging transfers at both ends as well.
And the reason Awesome Travel gave for the change? He has had people this week who paid more than I did for a similar trip. I have the email trail to back up the details above, including one from him in September last year saying specifically that he would book the flights.
There were other small annoyances, such as being told that two nights’ hotel bookings included breakfast, but they didn’t, and several excursion times on the itinerary were wrong by an hour or more. These are petty annoyances and would not cause me to think any the less of the arrangements, but taken as a whole, my experience seems to show an unacceptable sloppiness and shoddiness, not to mention duplicity.
The silliest part of it is that if a mistake was made in the quote given to me, and I had been told, I would have paid any extra; in fact, in the email to Awesome Travel once I noticed the discrepancy I offered to pay more if required.
Fortunately I had paid by credit card – so, based on the evidence I had, I received a refund from their fraud department.

10  Thank SwandaleGuestHouse
VjetnamAwesomeTravel, Owner at Vietnam Awesome Travel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Mr. Anne,

It is nice to have your feedback with Awesome Travel, thanks for your valuable time to share it.

I am pleased to hear that enjoyed some positive services from us as well as our business partners, biside that please accept our sincere apology for unprofessional one which happened to you during the peak season and inflation in Vietnam.

You know that after half year has gone, we, both staffs and management, are trying hard day by day and getting more excellent reviews.

Once again we sincerely apologize and do appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve and satisfy other guests in the future. We hope you will give us another chance to serve again, and we are making sure that you will be satisfied with Awesome Travel in your next vacation.

We look forward to welcoming you soon,

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was on my own in vietnam with 2 teenagers and had not been to the east before, This company were brilliant from organising the trip from home on the internet and planning what I wanted to do and when we were in the country. the staff were brilliant and the tour guides were also brilliant. Vietnam and support from this company made me feel confident and able to get the best out our time in vietnam . Our guide was excellent in halong bay and also in sapa. would definetly recommend this company. Anh and tu, penn and du were so helpful from beginning to end.

1  Thank frances210