“Hanoi Spark - best service in Hanoi”
Review of B&B Hanoi Hotel

B&B Hanoi Hotel
Ranked #16 of 651 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The Hanoi Spark is a terrific small hotel, nicely located in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. The staff was the best - they went above and beyond to make our stay in Hanoi wonderful. The rooms are clean and spacious. The AC worked great even on really hot days. The breakfast was fresh and made to order. During side trips to Halong Bay and Sa Pa, the Spark stored most of our luggage so we didn't need to carry the extra bags. Additionally, they let us check in early (which was particularly nice after arriving at 5 am on the night train from Lo Cai). I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveller. There are several good restaurants on the same block and it is just a short walk to the lake. But the staff is what really makes this a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank envirochk

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very well located, walking distance to the lake, markets, opera and rest of worthy places. Staff really friendly and helpful, even though they try to sell you all kind of packages as soon as you arrive, when you are really tired and the only thing you want is a shower and a bed. Rooms are modern,clean, spacious (vietnamese standard) and AC works properly. Kenny the owner speaks really good english (not really common to find that in Hanoi) and helped a lot organizing trips to maravelous Sapa and disappointing Halong Bay, from hotel pick up to tour guides and more. The good thing is we got really good deal including everything (Spark stay, trips, pick ups....)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here for about 4 weeks in May/June 2011 when working in Hanoi. Room was nice and very well kept - cleaned everyday. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Good location in Hanoi too. Got a decent discount for the long stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had narrowed my Hanoi stay to three hotels, Spark being the top of my list. I didn't have reservations but upon arrival I was shown the room I'd be staying in. There was a waterfall shower head with hot water, AC, TV, and vanity area. Done. The next day I decided I wanted to check out Sapa and Halong Bay and that I wanted to leave for Sapa THE VERY SAME NIGHT. I asked the young lady working the front desk about arranging them for me, and after 45 minutes and several calls later, she was able to set me up. Off I went to to the destinations and upon both my returns to the hotel, I was allowed to shower, store my stuff, and even offered breakfast. Spark hotel may look like another average hotel, but their service excells in every way. Oh and it's located smack dab in the old quarter; a quick walk to Hoan Kiem Lake.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tommy_TCN
Reviewed May 19, 2012

i'm stay here in May my room 403 hotel perfect, room was clean they change bed sheets every day. The staff here very friendly and helpful special the manager HAI, he make me feel very welcome.
Thank all staff in Hanoi Spark hotel. we have best time stay in Hanoi and will return here for sure.

Room Tip: superior room price 22$
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My family and I were treated very well during our stay in Vietnam by Johnny and the staff at Hanoi Spark Hotel. Our Guides and tours were well picked, the food was fantastic and meeting the staff outside of work to see how the locals live was an experience not easily forgotten!

Looking forward to returning to Hanoi Spark Hotel to stay once more. Our holiday was made much easier and our mood much more relaxed.

Thank-you Brother Johnny and everyone at Hanoi Spark Hotel!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CodieWright
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed twice for a number of days at the Spark Hotel, and found it to be well run and very conveniently located in the old quarter. We found all staff to be very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was basic but nice with eggs, bread, fruit and coffee. It was nice having wifi access in our room, and the tourist booking desk was handy. The rooms were of a decent size and had a nice bathroom and desk.

Best of all, the staff were very nice with my 4 year old daughter, which made our stay that much more enjoyable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, as the staff really made it a fun stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family