“Best Hanoi/Vietnam tour ever”

HanoiKultour - Private Day Tours
Ranked #216 of 929 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: HanoiKultour is a small private company at the Goethe-Institute, which is specialized to respond individuality to its customers. Whether it goes to a full day city tour with different focus or to a little shopping trip for spouses, whether there are delegations of politicians or business people expect or journalists who are provided with the latest information, we are a special point for all those who appreciate to approach the culture of Vietnam away from touristic paths...
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

We had a 3 day tour with Christian Oster and it was fabulous. Not only that we saw the real Hanoi and the real interesting things of the city but also the country side, we learned so much about the culture, religion, people and history, that the whole experience made so much more sense. Skip the "normal" tours and book HanoiKultour, you will not regret it, it is special!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2016

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!! We took 2 tours with HanoiKids:
- Day sightseeing tour with Stacey and Joy
- Evening Food tour with Thung and Thuy

These gorgeous students are not only knowledgeable, but make you feel like their best friend as soon as you meet. They were all so sociable and genuinely loved hanging around and showing you their city.

All tours are free, you only pay for entries/food etc. They refused our tips, said they don’t take them. Both tours were just the four of us and the 2 guides and their attention to the kids was welcoming.

Book early, I did about 2 months in advance and I am so glad we didn’t miss out. For anyone coming to Hanoi, this should be the number 1 tour!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

I did 2 tours with Joy from HanoiKids. The first one was a street food tour and a second one a half day tour. The food places Joy picked were excellent and delicious!
Joy was wonderful and very informative. She explained the history, the culture and the traditions of Vietnam. I would like to thank her and to HanoiKids for the great tours they provided me with.
I really suggest at least 2 tours - a food tour and historical site tour.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Bat Trang was very interesting to see all diferent kinds of pottery also got chance to see making and painting of pottery there.were many diferent types pottery from animals to vases.
will visit again on my next tour in vietnam

See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I booked a shopping tour via Hanoikultour. That was the worst experience we’ve ever had. They led us to the silk village Vinh Phuc, the pottery village Bat Trang. There were a lot of interesting shops and things to buy but they didn’t let us go in there. They took us to a neighborhood of three or four shops next together and it seemed that they knew each other very well. I think they set up some arrangements and the tour guide just led us to their shops and get the commission.

The tour guide blah-blahed about the history of these places. He guaranteed that all the products they sell here were genuine and encouraged us to buy them and bring them home as souvenirs or gifts. Some of the tourists in our group were very excited. But I know it was all a dirty cheat for us foreigners because I decided to test the silk at Vinh Phuc right in the shop they took me to. I bought a “silk” handkerchief like they introduced for $12. I took out my lighter and burned it. If it was real silk it would turn into ash, but it cringed like other artificial fibres we are wearing everyday. I asked the shop to return my money but they acted as if they don’t understand English anymore and ignored my request! In the end, they told me that because I’d damaged the handkerchief so they wouln’t accept money return. When I told the tour guide he could only say sorry and wish me better luck next time ?!?!

Bad trip, irresponsible locals and tour guide, worst experience!

6  Thank Salina7789
christian_oster, Manager at HanoiKultour - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

"HanoiKultour" does not offer the above described shopping tour in its program. This tour was demonstrably not booked via us. We organize individual tours, tailored to our customers preferances, no mass tours. Since founding the company, we have not once had a single US American customer. This whole thing must be a misunderstanding.
Christian Oster, Director, Hanoikultour.