“Nothing short of a great business hotel”

Crowne Plaza West Hanoi
Ranked #78 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore, Singapore
“Nothing short of a great business hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed at crowne plaza frequently over the past year during business trips. Staff were friendly, helpful and smiley from the reception to the bellboys. Rooms were excellent with plenty of space, comfortable bed and pillows, i have always managed a good night's sleep. Buffet breakfast spread was good, ranging from local pho to international breakfast to asian food.

Great business hotel all in all!

Only thing was the location if you are expecting to be near town. Quite a distance from the city centre. There is a supermarket across the road should you need anything.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request for rooms without a connecting door.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
crowneplazahanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear blinkkk,

Thank you for being our guests over the past year. We would also like to thank you for taking your precious time posting this comment on Tripadvisor.

We feel so grateful that you enjoyed your experiences with us. We will continue to do our utmost to provide best-in-class services to all our guests
Hope to welcome you back to the hotel at soonest!

Jasmin Kohlbrecher
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Before arriving at this hotel I had read reviews that were not too flattering. So it was with a little apprehension when I finally arrived. From the moment I stepped out of the car (I asked to be picked up at the airport) I encountered nothing but helpful and smiling staff. Check in was carried out smoothly. My room on the 14th floor was spotless and had everything, toiletries, dressing gown,slippers etc. That you would expect. I ate in the restaurant on a couple of occasions and found the food very good for a hotel of this size. The service again, was always with a lovely genuine smile. This hotel is used by businessmen, when this is the case I've found those hotels very impersonal and look on customers as Ins n Outs. But this hotel managed to treat the customer as a valued person. This, I found was down to the attitude of the staff, which I found to be so friendly and kind. I have circumnavigated the globe 3 times. I have stayed in goodness knows how many hotels, from backpackers to 5 star. All the staff in this hotel are either naturally happy people or are extremely well trained. I would like to think it a bit of both. The reason I have mentioned this, is, I was surprised. I had come down with a stomach bug a few days before arriving. The Supervisor noticed this on my 2nd day and arranged special food for me, had it sent to my room without charge ( I doubt she will be in trouble). I would not have enjoyed (if that is the word under the circumstances) my stay at the hotel if it hadn't been for marvelous staff. I have found in the vast majority of cases, appreciate what the staff do for you and it is reciprocated 10 fold. on my experience, I would recommend this hotel due to the staff. The WiFi had to be changed when you moved through the hotel, including your room.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 14th floor 1412. No noise or any other distractions. As for other rooms, I can't...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank John G
crowneplazahanoi, Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear John G,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza West Hanoi for your recent stay and your precious time posting this great review.

We feel so honor that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our staff will be very happy and motivated once read your compliments. I will forward this to our services team so they could do their best in providing great services to all guests.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay here. Big, spacious and clean room. Love the bathroom. Good spread of buffet breakfast too. Location accessible to supermarket and food stalls just across the street. Certainly worth going back there if ever going to hanoi.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
crowneplazahanoi, Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Jin Hui H,

Thank you for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi and your precious time writing this review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your experiences with us. We will continue to do our utmost to provide great services to all our guests.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel at soonest.

The Netherlands
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a good business hotel despite the location is off city centre. But I'm staying there due to the location of the business meeting; which is within walking distance from the hotel.

But internet connection in this hotel is indeed dodgy. There was one evening that the internet connection stopped working till the next day. It was very frustrating because some of us are relying on the hotel internet fully for our work. There are also many wifi connections for different floors but none of it are working either, only the generic one is working but with uncertainty.

Service wise, I'm actually happy with it. The hotel staff are pleasant and can speak decent English as I find this very crucial when in foreign country. Even for the staff in the restaurant, when you request for Vietnamese coffee (special coffee than your ordinary coffee serving), they are happy to serve you that. If compare to most hotels elsewhere or other countries, when they ask if you want to have coffee or tea and if you want something a little special (e.g. cappuccino), most of the time you see the restaurant staff shows the sourpuss face for those order. But in Crown Plaza, the staff is steady all the way. But if you don't want to be just confine in the hotel food, there's a beer garden across from the hotel where you can get cheap dinner and drinks.

Other facility that is well noted, is their swimming pool which looks good. There seemed to have 1-2 more swimming pools (near the restaurant) but under maintenance.

There's no worry about taking taxi from the hotel as there are abundance of it nearby or the hotel concierge will be more than happy to get you a taxi.

Another drawback of this hotel (apart from location), is the side of the room is facing and mine was facing the cemetery! Not cool as I had to sleep with the lights on.

Room Tip: Make sure you request for room that is NOT facing the cemetery!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Alvina H
crowneplazahanoi, Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Alvina H,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza West Hanoi for your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the services and facilities. We will pass your comment to our service team so they can do their utmost to provide our best services to all our guests.

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 27, 2014

As a frequent traveler, i thought giving crowne plaza a try. My worst travel decision made! 5 star pricing but internet connection (both cable and wifi) are pathetic at BEST! Staying in rm 1502, that's right , still in the room now! For sure, i am not going to stay at any IHG properties again. Top it off, the shower pressure also comes on and off intermittently, even taking a shower is a challenge here. These are the basic facilities in modern day hospitality, yet i do not receive them. FYI I am posting this in the hotel room (checking out tomorrow) and i am using my own 3G services to go online.

Room Tip: never pay extra for internet services...it states that its free cause it never works! For the pricin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffyyc
crowneplazahanoi, Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Jeffyyc,

Thank you for your current stay with us and your time posting this review.

We appreciate your comment about our Internet services and water pressure. We will pass it to our IT and Engineering immediately to look into these issue at soonest.

We really hope to have chance to welcome you back in a near future.

Thanks with best regards,
Macau, China
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had a lovely five nights at this hotel while seeing Ha Noi. Coming back in the early evenings was always a very pleasant 'homecoming' especially with the good staff at the outdoor Lotus Cafe and Bar. Food was excellent and plentiful. The swimming pool was perfect. All in all a very clean and friendly home away from home. A special mention about the excellent service from the Concierge Bell Captain. Upon arriving home, we noted that we'd left our set of keys in our hotel room. Mr. Lê Đức Khôi was incredibly patient and persevering in making arrangements to post them to our work office. Due to his kindness and ingenuity we were able to reclaim our keys for a few dollars instead of the original bid of $US65.00. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have really interesting views of the local area; architecture and local everyday activ...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
crowneplazahanoi, Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear jmhmacau,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi and your precious time posting this great comment.

We are so glad you enjoyed your experiences with us. We will pass your comment to our service especially Mr. Khoi from Concierge team. We will continue to work hard to ensure our customer always had great experiences.

Look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I regularly stay at the hotel due to its proximity to my company's Hanoi office (which is in the Tu Liem District). This is a fair distance (about 10km, but in peak hour, expect an hour's drive) from the city centre.

The hotel is large (25 floors) - and the rooms are spacious (particularly the suites - I am an IHG Plat. member, so frequently get upgraded - which they are quite generous on). The rooms, particularly those near the elevator can get noisy - the walls between these rooms are thin and allow a lot of noise through.

The hotel restaurant is okay - does the job if you are staying there, as it is a far way from any other quality restaurants / cafes due to the location, but is nothing special. A decent variety of the food, but the quality isn't up to the same standards as other hotels in Hanoi (or other locations in Vietnam).

The hotel frequently hosts large tour groups which can mean that breakfast or dinner at the restaurant are overcrowded. If you're not on a time schedule, it's worth checking to see what time the groups are leaving.

The hotel gym is excellent - very well equipped.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator due to the noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Matt G
crowneplazahanoi, Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Matt G,

Thank you for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi and your precious time posting this review.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We will continue to work hard to provide best services to all guests.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.