“Pleasant stay in Hanoi”

Ranked #79 of 587 Hotels in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Pleasant stay in Hanoi”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just completed a two week stay at the Crowne Plaza West Hotel in Hanoi, Vietnam. I was in Hanoi for business and the clean, comfortable facilities, good food, and hotel staff made the Crowne Plaza seem like a home away from home. The variety of dishes at the breakfast buffet kept it from becoming boring. The executive floor evening food and drinks are recommended if you have a multiple day stay. I was greeted by name each day by the friendly staff. Mo and Duong are the guest relations managers and they made sure I had everything I needed. The hard working wait staff, Nguyen Thoa, Nguyen Anh, Ngoc, and others in the executive lounge always made time to stop and speak to me. Lots of genuine smiles and plenty of offers for more food and drinks. They even made special dishes for me because of my food alergies. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the executive floor, if staying more than one night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rod B
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Rod B,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi and taking time to write this thoughtful comment.
We are pleased to know that you satisfy with our services and facilities. We will continue to work hard to meet our customer’s requirement.
We will pass your comments to service team so that we can do our utmost to provide great service to all guests.
Michel Chertouh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed in a deluxe room for 2 nights ($100/night, contract rate), it was excellent. As you could find in normal 5 star hotels, the room was clean and new, great bed with pillow menu, good shower (although it does get flooded in the shower if u turn it to maximum power, however, I was happy with medium power so it was acceptable).

Breakfast was really great, good variety, great taste, as expected. Service is normal 5 star service. I was there for work and I needed to go to a salon. I looked through that big book of facilities in the hotel and found that they have one, but when I asked the Front, it turned out they don't. However, the concierge helped me call a salon nearby and ask them to come to the hotel at a price of $10 (to the salon). I was very thankful. (However, the hairdresser was 15 min late).

The location is quite far from the city (30 min on a Saturday morning), however it was close to where I had to work. The hotel was very close to the national stadium.

When I visit West Hanoi again, Crown Plaza would always be on top of the list.

Room Tip: The higher the better, as it'll be quieter (Vietnamese drivers honk a LOT.)
1 Thank Optimissie
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Optimissie,

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi recently and also your wonderful comments about our hotel.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our room and services. I will share your comments with our service team, I'm sure that they will be highly motivated.

In the mean time, Crowne Plaza has just announced a region wide sale, with 30% off our rates including breakfast for 2 and free internet until 28 Feb 2013. With our best internet rate guarantee, now is the time to take advantage of our rates and book your return break to our hotel.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The service of business center in Crowne plaza is exllcellence is excellence,Very kind service and food like go back to home. everything on business can deal with very easily and smoothly .This is the best business center in hotel that I used!! Of course, The Gym and swim pool can not miss it !!

1 Thank dadieups
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear dadieups,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your great comment about our hotel.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our room and services. We will continue to work harder to meet customer’s need.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Ideal location if your business is out that way (as mine was), but a fair way from the centre for the evenings, and not much in the immediate area. Restaurant very good, and check-in staff were lovely.

Good prices as out of town.

Will stay next trip.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Andrew C,

In the mean time, Crowne Plaza has just announced a region wide sale, with 30% off our rates including breakfast for 2 and free internet. With our best internet rate guarantee, now is the time to take advantage of our rates and book your return break to our hotel.

Best regards.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights during my recent incentive trip. At first I was quite disappointed when I received my itinerary as this hotel only ranked 62 in the tripadvisor’s list of hotels in Hanoi. After staying there for 4 nights, what a pleasant surprise, I am indeed very satisfied with this hotel. The hotel is definitely up to its 5 stars rating, with clean, new and big room, plus efficient, friendly and helpful staffs.
The low rating in tripadvisor could be due to its location, its quite far away from Hanoi town, take at least 30 minutes to go to town. Nearby there’s only one small supermarket and very few eateries, basically nothing much to do if you walk around the hotel.
For those travel in group tour where transport has been pre arranged this hotel will be a good choice. But if you are on free and easy trip, it is advisable to stay somewhere nearby the town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear JennyJian,

Best regards.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza West Hanoi because of a conference that was organized there.

My room was spacious, modern, and comfortable. It had a flat screen TV with a dcent selection of international channels. The buffet breakfast was good with a mix of local and international food. One time I had dinner at the same place. It was good.

There is a very nice looking outdoor swimming pool on the third or fourth floor. I didn't get time to try it out. But it looked very tempting. You can see it whenever you take the elevator. The elevators run outside the building.

The staff was very friendly. Nothing to complain about. They check the number plates of the taxis that pick you up or drop you off. It is very necessary in Hanoi as I experienced being cheated by taxi drivers.

The location is a bit in the middle of nowhere. At least from a touristic point of view. It takes a 15-minute cab ride to get to the city center when there is no traffic.

Overall it's a very good business hotel if you have business in this part of Hanoi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Michael_Paris,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi and your thoughtful comment.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the services and facilities offered. We will continue to work hard to meet our customers’ requirement.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,
Malaysia
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Crowne Plaza Hotel, West Hanoi, Vietnam, my wife Christina Tsai and i (Chang chen ngoi) travel with Tupperware incentive trip, we arrived on 14th November, before we reached the hotel yesterday, ours tour manager already check in the Hotel room for us, ours room key was given to us inside the tour bus on the way to hotel, we are going to stay at this Crowne Plaza Hotel, west Hanoi for 4 night. Today is the second day of ours trip, we found out this hotel room is very comfortable, free WiFi, Hotel facilities have fitness centre, Spa, Concierge, swimming Pool, Business Centre and good food also. Staffs also very helpful and friendly. Recommend to stay, worth for money.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear chenngoi,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi and your precious time posting this wonderful comment on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that you really enjoyed your stay.

We will continue to work hard to meet our customer’s requirement.

Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,