“Global Bland”

Crowne Plaza West Hanoi
Ranked #74 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel really has everything you need; spacious rooms, great service, pool etc etc. the thing is, it could be anywhere in the world. It has no personality. Even the coffee is bland and, being in a country that grows really great coffee, I find that weird.

It is also quite some distance from the centre of town (20 - 30 minutes and about 150 000 dong). This hotel is good for those on a package tour where they pick you up and drop you off at the hotel every day. If you are adventurous, and like to explore in a more organic way, find a different place. If you don't know Asia and are a little fearful, this could be the hotel for you.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Paul T,

Thank you for your stay with us at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi. We would also like to say thank you for taking time to post this review on TripAdvisor. All comments are valued and appreciated.

We will pass your comments to service team so that we can do our utmost to provide great service to all guests.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza West Hanoi

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

ok but shd offer free internet for room guest and failed to provide tv as they claim the tv is not working? can they just cjamge another room for me ? it is not a five star unless 5 star service is provided ! i pay for the room and you shoud give me free internet service , ok ?

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear “foodmaniac111”,

We appreciate your comments about the cable TV and feel really sorry about it. We have pass your comments to techical team so that we can do our utmost to provide great service to all guests.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I spent two weeks at this hotel and had a wonderful time. The staff is very friendly and understands English quite well. I had an Internet issue midway through the trip and was very impressed with the speed it took to resolve my issue. It took an I.T. person a few times to fix my issue but overall it was resolved quickly and worked well. The restaurant menu included many American type entrees making the stay very pleasant. I was there in August, 2012 and intend on staying again on my next business trip. Great place!

Room Tip: I had a deluxe non smoking room and felt quite comfortable.
3  Thank educator_12
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear educator_12,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi and your precious time posting this wonderful comment on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that you really enjoyed your stay.

We will continue to work hard to meet our customer’s requirement.

Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I spent 16 days at the Crowne Plaza West Hanoi because I was in Hanoi on business. During my stay, I experienced a level of service that I NEVER experienced in my home country of Switzerland (even in 4 & 5 star hotels). The staff was not only friendly and helpful but authentically so...one got the feeling that they truly enjoyed being hosts and hostesses extraordinaire. From check in to cleaning staff to breakfast staff to pool staff to spa staff to bar staff to the front desk to the two concierge's...there was never a break in friendliness and helpfulness. I even experienced the unfortunate event of being bitten by a dog. Not 24 hours went by when it seemed to me that the whole staff in the hotel knew my predicament and were asking me with concern if I was ok or recovering well. The concierge even went back to the place where the dog bit me to help me enquire if the dog was wild or belonged to the family. He even offered to return after 14 days (the time required to see if the dog stays healthy and long after I am back in Switzerland) to check on the dog so he can inform my doctor. Unbelievable! I think I've just experienced the pinnacle of customer service. Many heartfelt thanks to ALL of the staff at the Crowne Plaza West Hanoi - you could give training seminars on customer service...in Switzerland.

3  Thank Ninagoesplaces
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Ninagoesplaces,

I would like to express my sincerest thanks for staying with us and for such a wonderful comment.

We appreciate all your compliments about our hotel’s staff and services. We will pass your comments to service team so that we can do our utmost to provide greater services to all guests, to make Crowne Plaza West Hanoi one of the Great Hotel Guest Love!

Thank you and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

It's a very clean and new hotel however the room I am staying right now isnt as good as it is because you can hear noises from next door, which made me feel insecure since there is a door in between the 2 rooms. You can hear clearly what the other room is doing. I don't think this is supposed to happen in a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
MichelChertouh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear gelalin,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi. We would also like to say thank you for taking time to post this review on Tripadvisor. All comments are valued and appreciated.

We will pass your comments to our related department to look into the issues, so that we can do our utmost to provide great services to all guests.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had to stay here ad my office was just relocated to the nearby business district. As I've always lived in the city, I was rather sceptical about living out here.

First of all, this is an international chain. Service, language and facilities are a must - not sure why other comments provided seemed to give leeway to that. I was promptly attended too on check-in, and when they saw my member card, gav me an immediate room upgrade. Facilities are there - swimming pool, gym etc. Rooms are very spacious and that's to do with the fact that land is cheap out here. You won't get this size in the city for the rate you are paying.

Hotel food, is well hotel food. Breakfast is so-so. Room service I used every evening fo the fact that it takes me 45 minutes to civilization @ the city and there isn't much left to find outside. Now I knowthey have a pillow menu. Someone forgot to give me one.

The main issue with this hotel is their location, hence one star missing from a perfect score. Stay for work, and work only. If you are here for a holiday, stay in the city. If you have time to spare, then do commute from the city. You'll get a better balance of after-hours like restaurants, tourist spots and hang-out places to go too.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mozii

Dear Mozii,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your great comment about our hotel.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our room and services. We will continue to work harder to meet customer’s need.

In the mean time, Crowne Plaza has just announced a region wide sale, with 30% off our rates including breakfast for 2 and free internet. With our best internet rate guarantee, now is the time to take advantage of our rates and book your return break to our hotel.

Thank you and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Well located hotel, very new, excellent rooms and facilities, great breakfast, friendly staff, excellent laundry. Only negative is limited TV channels, especially sport. Good location if on a quick stay and doing business in West Hanoi area.

1  Thank grmckay

Dear grmckay,

Thank you very much for writing this wonderful comment about our hotel.
We are pleased to know that you really enjoyed your stay.

We will continue to work hard to meet our customer’s requirement.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,