“Lovely whether for drinks, lunch or dinner”
Review of Au Lac House

Au Lac House
Ranked #247 of 2,523 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Although the restaurant itself could do with a bit of updating inside (the toilet area was quite exposed for example), the food and atmosphere is great.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Pretty building... Good service.. Food was good but not amazing (mixed entree platter was really good, roast duck with mandarin sauce a nice main), cocktails same same, bit pricey- can get similar food much cheaper elsewhere, but I guess you pay for the nice atmosphere!

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

In this old French colonial style building you'll enjoy a specially good meal sitting on a terrace that will bounce you back 100 odd years as atmosphere. Service is good and food outstanding. ;-)

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Visited 9:30 on Friday evening on recommendation from a neighbouring restaurant that had run out of food.

Waiter explained that kitchen closes at 10:00 pm but that once I had ordered, I could take as long as I liked to eat and drink; it was almost 11:00 when I left.

I chose to sit on the ground floor terrace. It's only metres from a busy city road, but so well screened by walls and shrubbery that I could have been in the countryside..

Soon I was feeling very pleasantly relaxed after a long and tiring day. I could not have found a better spot to unwind. My chicken noodle dish was excellent (meat, not gristle, and plentiful). Two beers and a bill for VND 218k; for me, this was great value.

Unfortunately this was the last night of a 4-week visit, so I won't be able to return soon. However, I have recommended to colleagues who will be in Hanoi.

The prices may be slightly high by standards of local restaurants, but for that you get clean table linen, chairs that do not threaten to collapse in use, and friendly professional service. Great value.

I want to go back!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Good restaurant with extremly good service and good atmosphere. Ask for table on 2nd floor balcony. Food was good but a little pricy.