“Nice hotel very helpfull staff”

Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #89 of 620 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Israel
“Nice hotel very helpfull staff”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Hi all, stayed in this hotel during my vacation in Vietnam and I have few things to say:
1. Location, nice very close to center of old quarter.
2. Rooms are nice but pretty noisy but it seems that i like this everywhere in old quarter.
3. The staff is very friendly and helpful, all of my traveling arrangements has been made by the hotel and were very good and in the same price that you can get in travel agencies, but I got free pick-up from the train station and complementary breakfast when we came back from Sapa and waited for the Halong bay trip pick-up and also the guys were very honest and polite.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank IsraelAndreyka
hoatroyal, General Manager at Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
We appreciate your positive words about our hotel, in particular the accommodation and staff. I appreciate you sharing your experience on this platform and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future again.

Anthony Hoat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 23, 2010

A great hotel to stay in. Very well run by a team of dedicated staff and Jony, the manager is very helpful and approachable. It is within walking distance to serene Hoan Keam Lake and the buzzling Old Quarters. Breakfast served is quite substantial. Tea and fruits are available throughout the day at the concourse. The room comes equipped with a LCD tv. CNA is one of the channels for viewing. A computer set is in the room too for you to serve the net. We went to Sapa and Halong Bay tour arranged by the hotel. It was well planned and we enjoyed the trips.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wendy_12345
My sincere “thank you” for sharing your experience at our hotel and for the kind words. I hope your trip to Hanoi left you with a positive impression of the country and you consider returning in the future.

I will certainly share your remarks with my team members as they are a great source of encouragement.

We also hope that for your future stays in this city we will have an opportunity to welcome you again. Please feel free to contact me at any time directly for assistance needed while staying with us.

Reviewed December 22, 2010

The hotel staff were very nice, attentive and courteous. Johnny recommended us a nice, reasonably priced and clean place to have our meal at Phan Boi Chau Rd, which I admit is so far the best place to dine for Vietnamese food in my three days in Hanoi.

The nicely decorated, spacious and clean hotel room came as a surprise. I think the people who decorated the room made it feel very homely. Hi-speed Internet is also available. Although the hotel is located on a side lane and is away from the main road. However, it is not that quiet because the drivers and motorists in Hanoi honk their vehicles quite a lot. It is about 15 minutes walk to the Water Puppet Theatre, Tourist Information Center and Dong Xuan night market.

Breakfast set meal was also provided, with a variety of choices including Vietnamese and Continental.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ikao88
hoatroyal, Owner at Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, January 13, 2011

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2010

When we arrived to The Royal Palce Hotel we had actually booked another hotel which we discovered when we got there had closed down. The staff in the Royal Palace booked us in straight away were more than helpful with our needs. Our room was cheap yes but It was massive with an amazing bathroom. Breakfast was also incuded.
The friendly staff also helped us book our tours and train travel with drop off and pick up also included.
The location is right in the heart of the Old quarter but being on a small alley also gives you the option of peace and quiet if the beep beep of Hanoi gets a little much.
This is just a great value place all round :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jobgood

UK
Reviewed December 4, 2010

The location can't be beat. The hotel is in the heart of the Old Quarter, but located on a small alley. This means that you are right in the heart of everything, but the alley outside is fairly quiet (by Old Quarter standards).

Best of all was the hotel's staff. They were just wonderful. Friendly, attentive, and willing to do whatever was necessary to make our Hanoi visit perfect. Coming back from a night at Ha Long Bay felt like coming home again, and when we left for good, it was a sad farefell to people who felt like family. I still miss the staff, and thought so highly of them that I am sending a gift basket back to Hanoi from home to thank them for all that they did to make my hoilday perfect.
Thank

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank tgrafton
hoatroyal, Owner at Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, December 9, 2010

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 3, 2010

If you ever lucky enough to visit Hanoi do not waste your money by staying in an expensive impersonal brand name hotel. Instead, save your money and have a unique experience by reserving your room at the Royal Palace Hanoi. A delightful boutique hotel located in the old town of Hanoi for which I can easily say it is one of the best quality/price values I have ever found on the internet. The location is ideal and within walking distance of the best that Hanoi has to offer.

We have traveled all over the world, stayed in hotels from 5 star luxury down to hammocks in beach huts but nothing so far has compared to the reception we received at the Royal Palace Hanoi. We were picked up at the airport and taken directly to the hotel. No discussion with dubious taxi drivers. The manager Jonny and his team are there for you from the moment you walk in the door until you sadly leave. You are greeted with fresh fruit, juices and coffee as they prepare your registration. Besides the outstanding personnel, the rooms were reasonably priced, modern, large, clean and as well equipped as any large hotel. The front desk will reserve any trips you might want to do in the North from Halong Bay to the mountains in Sapa and will assure you leave and arrive tranquilly and securely in dynamic Hanoi. They accomplish the previous with a remarkable honesty and competence that we have rarely found anywhere in our travels. If there is a mistake or you have a problem with anything they will go out of their way to make sure it is corrected or you are compensated in return. Unique and refreshing!

If they are full you can also stay at their sister hotel, Hotel Splendid. It is comparable in price, service and location.

If you go to Hanoi stay at the Hanoi Royal Palace! You will walk away with smiles and your pockets packed with Royal Palace business cards that you will gladly give to your friends if you know they are going to Vietnam. When we return to Hanoi, the Royal Palace Hanoi is where we will be!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Couple_from_Brazil

Reviewed December 1, 2010

We stayed at Royal Palace Hotel for a total of 4 nights. The staff were very helpful and polite. The free airport transfers both ways were a plus. Do not be fooled by the hotel's exterior. Most Hanoi hotels are like that, built in a tube fashion. The room we had was large and comfortable. Renovation and decor was brand new. Room service was efficient and prompt. The best thing about this hotel was that they were able to deliver breakfast to your room -- something which my husband and even my 7-year old son enjoyed. Location wise is good, especially the fact that they are facing a quiet section of the bustling and noisy Old Quarter. They even give you free fruit juices and hot beverages throughout the day. Personally, having visited many countries and staying in many types of hotels ranging from 3 star to 5 star ones, I would say this hotel provides better service than even some 5 star ones I have stayed in, yet the rates are so reasonable. Best of all, there is free internet in every room, hence we were able to do an internet check in. One word sums it all--- incredible!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family