“Staff, staff, staff”

Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #86 of 628 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night before heading to Halong Bay (booked on our arrival through the front desk)before returning for 2 more nights.From the moment we arrived the staff were exceptional, being friendly & helpful with all staff we met taking a genuine and personal interest in our stay both before our trip to Halong Bay & immediately on our return. They recommended places to eat & helped with directions to others we picked. The room was clean & comfortable but the biggest asset is by far all the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Goose568
There are newer reviews for Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and booked an excellent Ha Long Bay trip through this hotel. It was in a really central spot about 10mins from the lake and right nextdoor to the Social Club. It is an older hotel but it has been refurbished recently. There are only two rooms on each level so it is very quiet (unlike many others in Hanoi). But by far the key attraction to this hotel is the amazing staff. The day staff and night staff take an interest in your trip and help out with advice on booked tours or doing it yourself. They are all extremely friendly and definitely made our trip to Hanoi so enjoyable. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Horrible: I had $200 dollars stolen from my room SAFE, which turned out to not be so SAFE. I set a trap for the next day (removed my money of course) and they came back for more. I tripled checked the lock to make sure it was locked. I brought it to the manager and owner of the hotel attention and they immediately tried to make me believe I forgot to lock it or i spent the money. I knew they would say something like that, so I took pictures to prove someone had been in the room. The manager offered me 15% off of my bill which saved me $24.50 and they gave me free airport transportation, which save me $36 dollars. You do the math! That does not make up for my $200 dollar lost.

On top of that, the towels and bed comforter had hairs on them. I spent 10 minutes the first night plucking hair from the comforter...yuke! The food was not all that great either.

The only positive thing I can say about the hotel is that the location is good. The front desk helpers tried their best to accommodate me as much as possible, however their efforts weren't enough unfortunately. This is coming from someone that is easy to please.

Anyhow, I can not recommend this place to anyone nor will I ever stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank browndelta
Reviewed December 14, 2013

There are 2 Royal Palace Hotels - 1 & 2. They are just about 100m apart. No.2 is the newer one, just opened a few months ago. No.1 has just got a a fresh coating of paint. Both are centrally located in the old city - good for eating, shopping and sightseeing. Stayed in both No.1 and No.2 on the way to and from Halong Bay. Some of the rooms in No.2 are really huge and even the smaller rooms facing the road are large with a big bathrooms. For those wishing to have the upper floor rooms, be aware that No.2 has a karaoke bar on the top floor and a live band playing there on friday evenings. The noise permeates down the stairwell and into the rooms on the upper floors.
Nothing could be faulted about the services at the reception. Jane - the receptionist and
Anthony - the manager in No.2 would go out on the limb to give you whatever help or assistance you need. Tong, the manager in No.1 would also do likewise. Their courtesy, kindness and smiles are a refuge from the hustle and bustle of the streets in Old Hanoi. Booking a tour with them is very easy and their prices are no different from most Tour Offices and the booked tours are conducted in a very professsional and enjoyable manner.
It was a joy to be served breakfast by the breakfast staff in No.1 with their happy and smiling attitude. This, unfortunately, cannot be said of the breakfast staff in No.2.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2frankjack
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I sincerely want to thanks all the teams (especially to Mr Tong, Ms Moon and Mr Duy) for the wonderful service. Very helpful, friendly and cheerful people. :) you guys are GREAT!  Really a wonderful stay for my trip in Hanoi! Many cheers to you guys..:D

You guys are more like a FRIENDS to me rather than a guest and hotel staffs..five out of five thumbs up for you guys!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 30, 2013

me and my girlfriend stayed at Royal Palace Hotel for four nights and were delighted with everything about it. the rooms were surprisingly very spacious and the quality of the rooms was amazing, as for the staff they were extremely welcoming and friendly, especially Mr tong who couldn't do enough for you!! the location was also perfect, within walking distance of all the main attractions, if we visit Hanoi again we will definitely book a stay at Royal palace hotel!!!! Thanks alot Mr Tong!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

THis hotel is bang in the middle of Hanoi and from the street outside (and the cheap price) I was not expecting much, but I was very pleasantly suprised. The rooms were very nice and clean and well appointed, everything you need. Petals on the bed on arrival! The staff were very friendly and willing to help at all times. I stayed here on my first day and was grateful for the central location (5-10 minutes walk from the train station and lake ) and the amazing staff. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked a basic double room and was very comfortable though no outside window, just a window to the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends