“Absolutely no complaints”

Ranked #88 of 624 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Jersey,
“Absolutely no complaints”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Palace Hotel whilst on a stopover to Australia and found it to be excellent and will return again in two weeks time when I fly back to the UK.
The room was spacious and clean and very quiet considering its central location to the busy old quarter. Having a personal computer in the room was an unusual and much appreciated bonus. Reception staff were friendly and helpful and let me check in earlier than advertised.
Breakfast is very good for the price and I can definately recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a reasonably priced hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jenny L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I will say that the hotel itself seems to have gone down a level, from what I remember from my visit last March. The bathroom towels were worn/old, and the shower didn't drain properly.

I do want to state that Huy, the front desk manager, went above and beyond the normal service, as he assisted my brother and I with various reservations/suggestions...

Don't miss the Hanoi Social Club restaurant, just 3 doors away, for various scrumptious dishes, unreal muesli, and wonderful coffees/teas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Globaldiscover
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Right after we made our booking, we have arranged our airport private car pickup. When we arrived, we were greeted with a welcoming drinks and nice watermelon. Something most hotel are missing nowadays.

The hotel manager took me to view the rooms available before checking in. I decided to upgrade my room to the one that is facing the street. Since the hotel has an elevator (beware that some hotel does not), so I picked the top floor and it was quiet and peaceful. This made you relax after hearing the beep beep and honking in the streets of Hanoi. If you are not comparing this hotel with other 4 to 5 stars hotel, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet. Since elevator is available, so don't worrry.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Genuinely nice and helpful staff. The hotel manager literally sleeps behind the reception and seems to be there 24 hrs.
When I arrived they told me they were overbooked, and they wanted to transfer me to another hotel. As I had a valid booking with booking.com, I insisted on a room and finally got one. Overbooking seems to be a general issue with Vietnamese hotels, bear this in mind when you arrive late and just want your room and sleep. Breakfast was average at best. Did not like the "kitchen" or lets just call it the corner where the food was prepared as it did not look too hygienic. The pancake, however, was OK!
Free wifi.
A bit of street noise, but nothing major.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tomf J
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This B&B is clean, basic and friendly. It provided all necessary needs. Having access to a computer and free wifi was great. Breakfast always had some fresh fruit, fresh juice and a cooked breakfast, quite greasy for me but toast and fruit was plenty. I was picked up from the airport and driven through the overwhelmingly busy/crazy/scary highway and streets of Hanoi. Most people use this hotel as a base so they can take overnight trips or a few days away somewhere else. Take the other trips. You can see and do all you can in the old quater in a day and a half. It is scary to walk amongst the streets because of the scooter drivers, there is no traffic courtesy a red light means nothing. The location of the hotel in the Old Quater makes it walking distance to several tourist attractions but I found walking anywhere overwhelming.
I went to Cambodia for a few days and the hotel arranged for a taxi to pick me up on my return flight at 10.30pm. When I arrived at the airport, the drivers was not there. I waited and he never arrived. I ended up taking an airport taxi. I was told it would be 300,00 and was asked for 500,000 after arriving in the Old Quater. The driver wouldn't take me to my hotel until I gave him more money, which i didn't have. He tried to grab my purse and was screaming at me. I got out and ran away. I had no idea where i was and it was after 1.30pm when i found the hotel, with front doors padlocked and all lights off. Once let in, I asked where my taxi was and was told he got there at 9 pm and couldn't wait until after 10pm so he left.

I travel by myself frequently and this experience was the most unsafe I have ever felt. The hotel needs to use reliable driving services to avoid this kind of situation. It really put a negative feel on my trip and I'll never go back to Hanoi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank sarah j
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The communication from booking the hotel to the date of travel was excellent.Before we departed for Vietnam,the hotel had sent us much needed information regarding excursions to Halong bay.We purchased one of these excursions at a very reasonable price and enjoyed it thoroughly.The particular company we opted for was V Spirit,excellent service and accomodation.Tam,the guide,was particularly knowledgeable and an excellent guide.The hotel is situated in the centre of Hanoi,an excellent location.Mr Hue was very obliging and helpful,he couldn't do enough for us.All staff were very polite and made every effort to ensure we enjoyed our stay.The rooms were clean and spacious enough,with good facilities.Decent breakfast menu which gave us a good start to the day.All in all,we had a great stay at this hotel and will certainly visit again.Thanks very much to all staff for ensuring we had an excellent start to our vacation in Vietnam.Simon Hobbs and Jill Burke,England

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simon H
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

we were in vietnam for 1 week and the nights we were in Hanoi we stayed at this cute little hotel.
great location in the old quarter - close to the train station, lake and loads of restaurants.

as we were in and out of hanoi, we stayed in a different room every time we needed one, and each room was perfect. clean, tidy, free shower gel & shampoo, tea & coffee, TV and free wifi on the free computers in each room!

we had free breakfast every morning which was great and all the staff were so kind, pleasant and helpful through out our entire stay :)

we booked our trip to halong bay with the hotel, and this was brilliantly organized.
similarly, we booked our trip to sapa with the hotel (and they arranged everything from dropping us to the train station, special food requests (veg) as well as picking us up from the station on our return to Hanoi at 5am).

They are such lovely people and so kind - they let us use a bedroom to shower and catch up on a few hours sleep on a couple of occassions (eg when we were back from Sapa but not staying for the whole day)

really recommend staying at this place :)

Room Tip: lower rooms facing the main street are a bit noisy, but when the AC is on you cant hear anything! t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple