Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi
KOTO Hotel(Hanoi)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here during our visit in Hanoi. If I go to Hanoi again I´ll consider to stay here again. The hotel is clean, reasonable prices and have very friendly and helpful staff. I had my birthday during my stay at this hotel. When we arrived to the hotel after a trip tom Tam Coc they had a birthday cake in the reception waiting for me. The only boring with this hotel is the breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nudelsoppan
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Junior Suite was great. The room was very nice, and a great value for price paid. The staff is very nice and very helpful. The manager, Huy, was extremely helpful and welcoming.

Ironically, my booking through Expedia did not go through and I wasn't charged, so when I got there late at night I didn't have a room, and the hotel was full. Huy got me a room around the corner, and he and his staff escorted and carried my bag, and got me checked in safe and sound, and followed-up, and then made sure to straighten out the issue with Expedia and get me moved in the next day. I'm glad they did, because the room was great. The staff all very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is nice.
Location-wise, the hotel is not in the heart of the Old Quarter, where all the buzz with stores are at. However, it's a five - ten minute walk, and it has advantages being directly out of that area. It's also about 2 blocks or so from the Hanoi Hilton prison if that's on your schedule.

Room Tip: balcony rooms are nice. Higher floors are nice too.. a little better views, and perhaps a little less potential for street noise, though there wasn't too much notable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Happenchance
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Palace Hotel between 5th and 10th November 2012 ( with one night at Halong Bay)
My room was as it was pictured (delux with window) and spotlessly clean. The room even had a pc which could be used.
Breakfast was good with enough choice.
The hotel is central and close to all to be seen in Hanoi. If you have not been to Hanoi, be prepared for a culture shock. In particular I'm referring to the volume of traffic. Its constant and everywhere and can be a bit intimidating initially. However after my first day you just got used to it and it became part of the attraction.
Do visit Halong Bay for a day / night - well worth it.

HANOIKIDS offers an amazing service . Young English students who act as tour guides . Not boring, knowledgeable, friendly and well worth booking one if not two sessions with. If you can ask for Michael as I have nothing but praise for him and really enjoyed his company

The main reason I'm writing this review is mainly down to the hotel staff. I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff were so friendly, and so wanting to help. Nothing was too much trouble and they always took an interest in you and if things were going ok. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful in particular the manager and the really handsome young man who helped with breakfast and who would always open the door to you with a smile.

Its definitely worth staying here just for the professional and personal touch. If ever I go back to Hanoi I wouldn't stay anywhere else and would have no hesitation recommending the hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: Rooms are cheap but worth investing a couple of pounds for a delux room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BiffSwansea
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a central location, our room was clean & well equipped with a hair dryer, heater, aircon & computer with Internet connection. We stayed at this hotel for several nights, mainly due to the fantastic service of Huy. He helped us organise tours & transport & even came with us to a pharmacy down the road to translate when we were having trouble.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank RLFlower
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Royal Palace Hotel is in a great location in a quiet street in Hanoi's Old Quarter, Quiet streets are hard to come by!
It's a short walk from the lake, the streets are only daunting for the first hour or so then you get the hang of it. Getting lost in the streets of the old quarter is part of the charm of the place.
Huy went out of his way, above and beyond to ensure our stay was perfect.
I had called the hotel direct a few days before we arrived to arrange an airport transfer (expedia had told me this wasn't available) It was so good to step out of the airport at night and have your name on a sign and we were more than happy to pay $17.00 for an hour drive to the hotel.
We were greeted with a welcome drink and big smiles.

Huy also booked a trip to Sapa for us and his staff actually took us to the station and put us on the train (it could have been easy to get lost at the station as you have to walk across the tracks to get to your train.) The trip includes tours and hotel.
On our return we told Huy that the hotel wasn't good and perhaps he shouldn't send other travellers there, he insisted on refunding the hotel cost, we really were not expecting that at all.
We left our luggage there while we travelled which was a huge help.

He also booked flights for us which saved us a lot of time.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, nice big comfy bed.
Our room didn't have a window which was no big deal we were only there to sleep and shower, but ask for a window if this bothers you.
Each room has it's own computer. when we had a small glitch with it it was fixed immediately.
All of the staff are friendly and helpful especially Huy, he was amazing.

We would return without hesitation
Breakfast was included and was ample and varied and cooked to order.
All in all great value for money. Thanks

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple