“Beautifully named Hotel”

Ranked #214 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Eskilstuna, Sweden
“Beautifully named Hotel”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Emotion name left me good impression and so the hotel amenities and service. Price is fair for what they offered. Staff were very helpful, especially Ms.Trang, who allowed us to leave our luggage there even when we had not yet decided to book, and also during our trip to Sapa and Halong Bay. This modish hotel will be perfect with a spa but the receptionist showed us some nearby. Room is adequte in size yet has good decor. We can access to internet in room with free wifi. The top roof restaurant offers a nice view of sorrounding area, food should be improved with more choice. A great stay though.

1 Thank Karlsson B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kristianstad, Sweden
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I always stayed here during my business trips to Hanoi. Staffs all wore a smile, ready to help and eager to make my stay experience even better than the last. Room is nicely decorated with huge bed, my favorite room did not overlook the street, very quiet and good view at night. Well functional bathroom with enough space for me to relax after a tiring day with business meetings, one after another.
Food is of high standard, especially their Pho noodle breakfast. Nothing was ever a problem. Overall, a nice, clean and reasonable hotel in a non-touristy part of Hanoi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Debrecen, Hungary
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was a little skeptic as our car entered the lane which looked entirely different from what I saw of Hanoi Old Quarter on picture. Arriving at the hotel, however, we had a pleasant surprise. It was a nice hotel with spacious room and lovely new clean big bathroom. Staffs were discrete and polite, no hustle, no rude people.
Top off my experience, on the last day our flight was delayed until 5p.m. Normal check our was room, but we did not want to spend half of day at the airport. The hotel allowed us to check out late free of charge and arranged us a taxi to the airport. What a blessing, thank you guys at Emotion hotel and keep up your great effort. Will recommend the hotel to our friends who are visiting Vietnam next year.

Leverkusen, Germany
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I must say that this is the best hotel experience after two weeks in Vietnam. The hotel is quite new, and spotless with contemporary decor. The staff was friendly, enthusiastic in providing us support and recommendations for hot things to do in Hanoi: restaurants, coffee shops, museums, shows, etc, even taxi to go with. Especially, on the 2nd day I felt awfully liverish after a whole day walking in the heat and noise of the city, Ms.Trang even came to pharmacy to get me some pills. Such personal care is hard to find in a three star hotel.

Lodz, Poland
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Base on many positive reviews on Tripadvisor we finally chose Hanoi Emotion for our stay in Hanoi and it turned out to be the only deal we were not ripped off in north of Vietnam. This hotel was not the best convenient, but it was few steps to the Literature Temple and just few minutes to Ho Chi Minh mausoleum. Staffs were enthusiastic, they showed keen interest in giving us travel tips. We booked puppet tickets and night train to Sapa with them without any hassle. Would come back for the next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Hanoi Emotion Hotel is your typical 2 star hotel in a quiet street. It is located near to the Temple of Literature, in fact, just across the road.

I've been staying here for work for the past 5 mths now and I must say that their service staff are the best I have seen so far. The staff are always smiling, courteous and friendly.

In terms of its room, I would not say the rooms are great, but they are clean. It's toilet is huge with a rain shower.

As for the location, the hotel is not located in the usual hot tourist locations, but of you are planning to visit the West Lake, Tenple of literature or the Ho Chi Minh Masoleum, this hotel is just a stone throw away.

My only serious gripe is the laundry service they engage. The dry cleaning service is of VERY low quality and has so far damaged two of my trousers. The hotel compensated me USD 50 for my first trousers (although it costs more than that) and I have yet to raise the 2nd damage to them. I would strongly advise anyone staying here not to use the hotel's dry cleaning service. The normal laundry service is fine and reasonably priced.

I would definitely stay here again in future. I just hope they engage better laundromats.

• Stayed September 2012
Palermo, Italy
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here on my business trip. Its location is the plus point, located in commercial center of Hanoi but away from bustling streets of the Old Quarter. Courteous staff with thoughtful. Room was clean and well furnished with working desk, plus free coffee, tea, fruit and excellent wifi working perfectly. This was most important to me as I had to send my report every night. I definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business