“Charming. II Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #34 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My friend and I had an amazing time in Hanoi due to the staff at the Charming II Hotel. They recommended places to go, eg. where to have egg coffee and where to have an amazing massage. They arranged a trip to Halong Bay and also a fabuluos walking food tour. Nothing was a problem. Cold towels and a cool drink when we returned each day. 5 star service at a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: My only complaint is our room didn't have a window not really a problem as we only slept in our...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed there 4 nights in March.
Location super
Staff helpful, service minded and friendly
Breakfast ok ( room for improvement)
Value for money. Will definitely stay there again if I go back !
Don't have any problems recommending the Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel to other travellers !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our family enjoyed our stay here very much.
Excellent customer service. They helped us arrange SIM card and gave great suggestions for local meals such as bahn coun and bun cha.
They organised bhaya cruise which was excellent and the food was plentiful.
All the staff were friendly, personal and professional.
I give high recommendation and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

When you visit Hanoi, you must stay in the Old Quarter ("36 Streets") and you MUST stay at the Charming 2! In a lifetime of traveling, I have never encountered such happy, caring and attentive staff. When you check in, say hello to Danny and Mary for me. Everyone speaks English, the rooms are spotless and the charming (of course) restaurant serves the best breakfast in Hanoi. I arrived in need of a SIM for my phone and Danny walked me across the street and made sure the shop gave me what I needed--then he installed and activated the chip and handed me back a working cell phone! Mary recommended, then arranged a day trip to the serene Mai Chau Valley. And she always answered my endless questions with a smile, taught me so much about the Vietnamese culture, even made certain I learned a few words in Vietnamese. So much more than just a hotel. Stay here; you'll cherish the memory.

Room Tip: Trust the staff to give you the best available.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed 3 nights here in late March, at the start of our Vietnam/Cambodia trip. It's hard to believe that a whole team of staff can be so genuinely friendly, informative and helpful. They are all obviously so very happy in their work and really want to make your stay in Hanoi as memorable as possible. Forget the large, corporate, Western style hotels. For a super stay in Hanoi choose Hotel Charming. Being in the middle of the Old Quarter you are also only a short walk away from Hoan Kiem Lake, Water Puppets and right in the midst of the bustling shopping area, dotted with lovely local eateries and bars. If unsure of anything, the front desk staff will help you out!

Room Tip: Rooms at front are more expensive but have great view of interesting street scene below
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at Hanoi Charming 2 twice during our trip to Vietnam. It was absolutely fabulous both times with clean rooms, good wifi, fresh fruit and water everyday a great central location and beautiful breakfast included in the room rate. However, as many others have said, the staff are the jewel in the crown - everyone knows you by name and you are made to feel very welcome. I found that recommendations for restaurants were always perfect and information on shopping, tours and transfers just couldn't be faulted. All hotel staff have really excellent English and they know how to have fun and share a joke with you.

To top it all off, the room rates are very modest!

Does it get any better than this?

Room Tip: This hotel is part of the Serene group and in our experience we would always choose hotels in this g...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Hanoi Carming2 hotel is excellent hotel. I stayed at this hotel at three nights. Nothing trouble during my stay. Room is very clean and service is very comfortable. All staff are very friendly and helpful. I'd like to say thank to one staff, Sophie, for her kindly support. I will stay this hotel again in next visit Hanoi.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business