“Nothing I can pick fault with...”

Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #33 of 593 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Nothing I can pick fault with...”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

It was my 2nd trip to Hanoi, and staying at Charming 2 Hotel was way much better than the USD10/night place that I stayed during my first trip.

Starting with the staff, who were exceptional at making guests feel welcome and at home. Always armed with a smile and greetings that go beyond the usual "Good mornings" or "How are you?". Appreciate the fact that they try to understand their guests beyond the basic needs of tourists.

Room was almost perfect. From someone who prefers to make the most of his time outside while in a foreign land, it says something when I am contented to laze around in the room, enjoying the complimentary fruits and comfortable bed. The only thing I forgot to do was to read a book while dipping in the bathtub.

Breakfast was great, with a nice selection of western and local fare, with bread to go along with. Always felt like I had filled my stomach a bit too much, but that is ideal for roaming around the Old Quarter or exploring the museums in the late mornings.

Overall, the 3-night stay was wonderful. Will seriously consider staying here again when I next visit Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I honestly thought that all the 5 star reviews that you read about Charming 2 on trip advisor, etc, were in some way an exaggeration! Well, I can safely say that I am right behind giving the 5 stars. They have been nothing but amazing......!! From the contact leading up to our trip to vietnam, to the suprise flowers, bottle of wine and cake that was laid out in our room for our anniversary. They pointed out the best places to try street food and was always on hand to help in any way they could. The wifi in the room was quick and reliable to the point where we could watch programs on our SlingBox from uk without interruption. The beds were a little on the hard side but still good enough for a good night's sleep.
If I had to think of one negative....and im really trying here....it would be that a chair or two on the balcony would have been ideal.
It is a pleasure to have stayed in such an amazing hotel on our very first trip to Vietnam!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Voesendorf, Austria
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I've never experienced a hotel like this one! Okay, to be honest, I mostly traveled backpacking using typical backpackers accommodation, so maybe I'm easily impressed - but this hotel topped all expectations.
The rooms are - of course - perfectly clean and pretty, equipped with a computer. Free WiFi with good signal at the room and the restaurant, breakfast included.
The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Whatever you need - tour booking, of course, or even contacting another hotel you booked on your own - they will help you. We did a trip to Ha Long and Sa Pa, and we had to come back to Ha Noi between the tours for a few hours. For that time, we were offered a room to shower etc. - for free.
It's located in the Old Quarter, only a few minutes walk to the center.

I can definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wurfgang
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel may look like your average hotel in the old town of Hanoi, but it isn't. The facilities are good and hit all the right marks: The beds are comfortable and big, the bathrooms are clean and the AC works well.

Ultimately it's the staff that makes this place great. From our first call several days before our stay, to the hugs goodbye as we left for the airport, Mary, our front desk representative, went out of her way to insure our stay in Hanoi was excellent. Her colleagues, Tracy, Danny and Johnny all worked hard for us too. Tracy even escorted my wife several blocks away to the pharmacy to help her translate and get the right cold medicine.

They all had great ideas for tours and good suggestions for lodging in the areas we were traveling to next. They tried hard to get us the best deals at every opportunity.

The staff at Charming Hotel 2, sincerely care about their guests and it makes a big difference. I would highly recommend them for their facilities, their prices, but most of all their customer service.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed at Hanoi Chaming 2 Hotel for 2 nights in March and it was a wonderful experience. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay in Hanoi memorable and comfortable - the service was truly excellent from the moment we walked in the door and received our complementary welcome drink. We received a room upgrade at no extra charge - the room was spacious, modern and elegant. The staff organised a cab for us each time we needed one - even going so far as to walk us to the cab, open the cab door for for us and explain where we needed to go to the driver. I was really blown away by how friendly and helpful the staff were.

In addition, the hotel is in a good location in the old quarter. The hotel provided an excellent and detailed map of our surroundings with helpful tips like which restaurants in the area are good and what landmarks are nearby. The complementary breakfast was also really good. This hotel was very good value for money.

I would definitely come again and highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Barwon Heads, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We visited Hanoi in March and had been recommended the Charming 2 by friends who had previously stayed there. What a wonderful recommendation it turned out to be. The staff at Charming 2 were fantastic and did every thing they could to ensure that we were well looked after and happy. Mary and Johnny were stand outs and hopefully we will have the opportunity to stay with them again.
The rooms were of a decent size, the beds comfortable and the bathrooms clean. The breakfasts were excellent. The location is terrific for getting out there and exploring the old quarter on foot. Very good value for money. After our long flight we were made most welcome and it was a wonderful start to a wonderful holiday in Vietnam. Thanks Charming 2. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
SF Bay Area, CA
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I'm a solo traveler and stayed here for a total of 6 nights, although not all at once because of side trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is located in the Old Quarter and is about a 10-minute walk from Hoan Kiem Lake. The excellent hotel staff is warm and friendly and can help you with any questions or issues. Breakfasts are great. You choose from a menu but can have as much as you want. It was a good way to start the day. The rooms are clean and there are nice touches of flower blossoms in the bathroom and on the desk. I booked an Executive Double room and was happy with what I had on the 6th floor (window and light). Watch for promotions on their web site. The one I got was a free airport pickup since I stayed for three nights and booked directly via email. I was worried at first about booking directly, but I had no problems booking via email. Emails were answered quickly. It was simple and the subsequent transaction was secure. Enjoy your stay at the Charming 2!

Room Tip: I like light. There's probably more light in rooms that are on higher floors.