This was the best hotel stay we have ever had, and it was all down to how all of the staff constantly went out of their way to make you feel welcome and assist you in any way possible.
We arrived at a quarter to nine in the morning - very early to be checking in - and were greeted by staff members who insisted that we needn't worry about our baggage and immediately brought us welcome drinks and cool face flannels - so thoughtful of them, and perfect after an overnight long-haul flight.
They asked us each our names and greeted us, and happily informed us that luckily the guests before us had left very early in the morning and so they were able to offer us early check-in on both of our rooms for free, even though we were hours early. We had booked a triple room and a superior with an extra bed between the 6 of us, but the staff upgraded us to 2 triple rooms - which were spacious and well-equipped. We weren't expecting anything luxurious - this isn't the Hilton and you don't pay Hilton prices. If I wanted to be picky I could find little flaws - like how the bathtub/shower is a strange design, such that water often gets on the floor even with the curtain shut. But really, things like this couldn't even begin to impact on how wonderful our stay was, just because of the wonderful staff, who by the time we descended from our rooms that first morning were able to greet all 6 of us by name! :) Special mention to the wonderful Mary, but also all the other staff who were also great, but I can't name them all - unfortunately I'm not as amazing as them.
I could go on and on, but basically it's enough to say that they did everything they could to make our stay in Hanoi brilliant, and went beyond good service to being very friendly and happy to play and joke around with the crazy kids in our party.
Thank you so much Charming 2!!!!
A few other notes:
- I've seen a few people commented on hard beds in the reviews? I certainly didn't notice that.
- The location was great, very central for the old quarter.
- Highway 4 and Little Black Duck are both good places to eat and nice and close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A brand new hotel that features luxurious rooms and suites, We offer convenience to our guests by providing modern elevators, restaurants, and other great amenities you can expect from a modern hotel. Offering fantastic value of money, it is located right in Hanoi Old Quarter, approximately about 5 minutes' walk from Hoan Kiem Lake and the popular Thang Long Water Puppet Show. Indeed, in close proximity to the excellent attractions, We also offer air conditioned rooms, inside room computer and internet, desk, minibar and a balcony in certain rooms. A convenient place of stay, it is a good choice. The Charming 2 Hotel (Add: 31 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi ) - located in the center of Hanoi Old Quarter, just 5 minute walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. ... more less