Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
$49
$95
$92
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$135
$107
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$49
$45
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
$63
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,462 results
All reviewscharming iihalong bayold quartercomplimentary fruitthe hotel staffphoamazing staffsister hotelstar servicerooms were very cleanrose petalsoutstanding servicetrain ticketshighly recommend this hotelstreet foodhoan kiem lakenight market
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed (1 couple, 1 single) at Hanoi Charming 2 in October 2012 and highly recommend the hotel and the staff. The rooms are large (compared to other hotels in Hanoi), the location is pretty central to the Old Quarter and other Hanoi attractions and the staff really very helpful and attentive with good advice on restaurants and things to do

The hotel was well maintained and clean and we would certainly stay there again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I chose Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel for my friend and me because from the very beginning e-mails with the staff before we arrived in Hanoi were extremely helpful with clarifying our needs. We were upgraded to a family suite upon arrival. Our room was very spacious and well equipped with a computer and other amenities. When we needed to change domesticate flight arrangements they took care of it for us. The breakfast options were the best of any hotel that we stayed at in Vietnam.
The staff definitely out of their way to make every guest feel at home and welcome. We returned to Hanoi several times and each time went back to Charming 2 and when they were full they personally moved us to a brand new hotel in their chain of hotels at a discount.

One side comment - I wish that the owners or company that owns these hotels wouldn't give their employees "Western" names. I feel better about calling someone by their given name. Tourist are very capable of learning how to pronounce names unfamiliar to them. It is more respectful to the employees.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kris1047_12
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Value for money, the hotel provides great customer service, staffs are very friendly and helpful. Provided map for free + advice for good restaurants & shops for shopping. They are very considerate too, my mum was so impressed that they kept her accompany when we were away to buy something. Really made us felt like home;)

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I went to Vietnam for our honeymoon and we researched so many places to stay in Hanoi, some would say it was a waste of time. However, my gal loves to do research and browse and read reviews, so she enjoyed it a bunch. She also took care of Laos and Cambodia, leaving me with most of the chores in vietnam. I am a Libra and thereore get overwhelmed at times with the sheer numbers of hotels and varieties, so much that I often have trouble making decisions.
Not to mention I come from the old school way of travel, where you show up with a guidebook and walk around before making a decision. Well the internet and especially TA has changed the way most travel. I booked this place 2 months before we left for our trip and intially it was based on TripAdvisor and it didn't just meet the expecations it went way above them.

So now our trip and experience:

The main reason I put so much into planning this trip was because it was our honeymoon.
I mentioned this to Kate when I first emailer her and she explained the hotel set-up and recommended a room, I took her adivce and was surprised what a great room we had.
Dont' be worried about the price either because this is the capital of Vietnam and their hotels are a bit more expensive than you will find in other parts of the country.
This hotel's staff was simply amazing.
They met us upon arrival at the airport with a sign with our name and their driver brought us straight to hotel.
Cold drink and moist freshly scented towel at check-in was a great touch.
Then they went so far to ensure our satisfaction.
Kate was there to greet us. Sophie and Mr. David checked us in and the lovely Mr. Thanh took our bags.
After a small wait, which was part of the surprise for my wife, they took us to our room.
INside we were met by 3 staff people with balloons, flowers, and a cake with candles. They were literally shrieking with excitement, I don't think our own families would have been more excited for us then our new friends. They were dancing and singing and taking photos of us in the beautifully appointed room.
It was amazing! Simply fantastic. We felt so at home and ease.

The beds and linens were clean and comfortable.
The room had great cable TV where I finally enjoyed some futbol on the television and caught up with all my favorite leagues.
701 was the best room we had and even though it was street side with a balcony it kinda drownded out the constant beeping of horns that Hanoi is famous for.

The staff continued to do amazing things for us the entire trip. They helped with tourist questions, they bought us train tickets, they made suggestions for food, we even took Kate and Linda to dinner around the corner for our last night and enjoyed some excellent local food.
BTW, dont' miss the Bahn Cuon stand which is almost accross the street from the hotel, the family makes these amazing delicate and delicious littel dumplings with pork and shrimp.
Speaking of food, this is the only place where I think the hotel could improve slightly was the breakfast. Although plenty of options, the food was not really that great. There was some western and some Vietnamese breaky options, but nothing was really memorable, except the soup, that you have to ask for. There is a little card on the table that says soup, or Pho, or something, but it is fresher and tastier than anyting up for grabs at the buffett.

Everything is superb at this hotel.
I would stay here again and I already miss the staff. I consider the folks that work here my friends now and we keep in touch on FB and stuff and I am really happy to have met them.

Cheers to all of you at Charming 2, we love you and your hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have just returned from Sapa to collect our luggage to move onto Hoi An. Not only have we been offered a shower after the overnight train but complimentary brekkie as we wait for our taxi.

We spent 3 nights at Charming 2, it is our 25th wedding holiday and open entering our room we were greeted with singing, cake, red wine and beautifully decorated bed, just gorgeous. The rooms are spotless the hotel is in a good location but the super friendly staff are amazing.

We were allowed to go to sister hotel Serene which also is great to have a shower before catching the train to sapa staff also assisted us to get on train.

Overall a fantastic stay and we'll recommended.j

Donna