“Great location, good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel

Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #18 of 549 Hotels in Hanoi
Sydney, Australia
“Great location, good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed (1 couple, 1 single) at Hanoi Charming 2 in October 2012 and highly recommend the hotel and the staff. The rooms are large (compared to other hotels in Hanoi), the location is pretty central to the Old Quarter and other Hanoi attractions and the staff really very helpful and attentive with good advice on restaurants and things to do

The hotel was well maintained and clean and we would certainly stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I chose Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel for my friend and me because from the very beginning e-mails with the staff before we arrived in Hanoi were extremely helpful with clarifying our needs. We were upgraded to a family suite upon arrival. Our room was very spacious and well equipped with a computer and other amenities. When we needed to change domesticate flight arrangements they took care of it for us. The breakfast options were the best of any hotel that we stayed at in Vietnam.
The staff definitely out of their way to make every guest feel at home and welcome. We returned to Hanoi several times and each time went back to Charming 2 and when they were full they personally moved us to a brand new hotel in their chain of hotels at a discount.

One side comment - I wish that the owners or company that owns these hotels wouldn't give their employees "Western" names. I feel better about calling someone by their given name. Tourist are very capable of learning how to pronounce names unfamiliar to them. It is more respectful to the employees.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kris1047_12
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Value for money, the hotel provides great customer service, staffs are very friendly and helpful. Provided map for free + advice for good restaurants & shops for shopping. They are very considerate too, my mum was so impressed that they kept her accompany when we were away to buy something. Really made us felt like home;)

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went to Vietnam for our honeymoon and we researched so many places to stay in Hanoi, some would say it was a waste of time. However, my gal loves to do research and browse and read reviews, so she enjoyed it a bunch. She also took care of Laos and Cambodia, leaving me with most of the chores in vietnam. I am a Libra and thereore get overwhelmed at times with the sheer numbers of hotels and varieties, so much that I often have trouble making decisions.
Not to mention I come from the old school way of travel, where you show up with a guidebook and walk around before making a decision. Well the internet and especially TA has changed the way most travel. I booked this place 2 months before we left for our trip and intially it was based on TripAdvisor and it didn't just meet the expecations it went way above them.

So now our trip and experience:

The main reason I put so much into planning this trip was because it was our honeymoon.
I mentioned this to Kate when I first emailer her and she explained the hotel set-up and recommended a room, I took her adivce and was surprised what a great room we had.
Dont' be worried about the price either because this is the capital of Vietnam and their hotels are a bit more expensive than you will find in other parts of the country.
This hotel's staff was simply amazing.
They met us upon arrival at the airport with a sign with our name and their driver brought us straight to hotel.
Cold drink and moist freshly scented towel at check-in was a great touch.
Then they went so far to ensure our satisfaction.
Kate was there to greet us. Sophie and Mr. David checked us in and the lovely Mr. Thanh took our bags.
After a small wait, which was part of the surprise for my wife, they took us to our room.
INside we were met by 3 staff people with balloons, flowers, and a cake with candles. They were literally shrieking with excitement, I don't think our own families would have been more excited for us then our new friends. They were dancing and singing and taking photos of us in the beautifully appointed room.
It was amazing! Simply fantastic. We felt so at home and ease.

The beds and linens were clean and comfortable.
The room had great cable TV where I finally enjoyed some futbol on the television and caught up with all my favorite leagues.
701 was the best room we had and even though it was street side with a balcony it kinda drownded out the constant beeping of horns that Hanoi is famous for.

The staff continued to do amazing things for us the entire trip. They helped with tourist questions, they bought us train tickets, they made suggestions for food, we even took Kate and Linda to dinner around the corner for our last night and enjoyed some excellent local food.
BTW, dont' miss the Bahn Cuon stand which is almost accross the street from the hotel, the family makes these amazing delicate and delicious littel dumplings with pork and shrimp.
Speaking of food, this is the only place where I think the hotel could improve slightly was the breakfast. Although plenty of options, the food was not really that great. There was some western and some Vietnamese breaky options, but nothing was really memorable, except the soup, that you have to ask for. There is a little card on the table that says soup, or Pho, or something, but it is fresher and tastier than anyting up for grabs at the buffett.

Everything is superb at this hotel.
I would stay here again and I already miss the staff. I consider the folks that work here my friends now and we keep in touch on FB and stuff and I am really happy to have met them.

Cheers to all of you at Charming 2, we love you and your hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have just returned from Sapa to collect our luggage to move onto Hoi An. Not only have we been offered a shower after the overnight train but complimentary brekkie as we wait for our taxi.

We spent 3 nights at Charming 2, it is our 25th wedding holiday and open entering our room we were greeted with singing, cake, red wine and beautifully decorated bed, just gorgeous. The rooms are spotless the hotel is in a good location but the super friendly staff are amazing.

We were allowed to go to sister hotel Serene which also is great to have a shower before catching the train to sapa staff also assisted us to get on train.

Overall a fantastic stay and we'll recommended.j

Donna

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We've travelled a great deal and this has got to be one of the best hotels we've stayed in !
The welcome was outstanding , the taxi they arranged picked us up from the airport , we'd been bumped to a later flight but an email to Kate and it was all fine.
They were all there to greet us an we were made to feel so welcome .
The room was fantastic , great shower , fresh fruit in the room changed daily , a computer to use ! Ive not had that before !
Breakfast was good with very attentive staff , couldnt even go for more coffee without the girls trying to help you !
They arranged our trip to Halong Bay and our bags were ready in our new room on our return .
it's in a great area , quiet , but not far from everything .Theres a good Bia Hoi just behind that you can get some good food in !
When we checked out we'd had problems checking our flight times to Ho Chi Minh but Mary and the manager Jonny even checked with Vietnam Airlines and phoned the airline to enquire about the delay ... very helpfull when there's a bit of a language barrier !
Don't bother looking at any other hotel , just book this one!
We'd definitely stay in this hotel if we come back to Hanoi.
I've never been hugged by the staff on leaving any other hotel , it was like a home from home :)
Loved it :)

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2teas
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

this hotel was the best out of 7 that my family stayed in over a 3 week period in vietnam and Cambodia. Myself and my 2 teenage children felt like we were staying with family. In fact my daughter commented after a few days away in sapa "It's good to be home". the breakfast was so good and plenty of it. As everyone says the service is exceptional and I have to say have never seen any thing like it. I had many problems to do with bookings, flights, directions etc and even pharmaceutical needs where one of the staff took my daughter out to a pharmacy late at night to help her buy what she needed. One of the best memories of our stay was the surprise party they put on for my son's 20th birthday It will surely be one to remember. We will definitely be back to stay if we go back to Hanoi.

Room Tip: we stayed in 3 different rooms and all were great.