2,462 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter fresh fruit rooms were very clean mary tours heart asia
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I recently spent a night and a couple of days based out of the Hotel Charming 2, at the start of a business trip to Hanoi. I was very impressed by the level of amenities-and service, particularly that of the front office staff Ms. Mary Duong. She shared her in- depth knowledge and provided me with practical guidance and personal consideration. The value-for-moeny was outstanding and I'll be back when next in Hanoi. I went on to stay at a five star hotel in Hanoi. It not only did not offer the personal service of Charming 2, but also lacked the free WiFi and in-room DVD player that were part of Charming 2's package.

Room Tip: An upper level room gives you a glimpse of the city
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2012

On a recommendation from fellow travellers we decided to stay here and I definitely would have no problems recommending it to others!! The staff are all extremely and genuinely friendly! (and fondly remembered our fellow travellers from over a year ago!). They make you feel at home! It was a welcome respite each day from the busy streets of Hanoi.
They book tours for you but there is no pressure to use their services- we went to Halong Bay and were able to leave luggage behind, which made it easier!
Rooms are good, beds comfortable, complimentary water and fruit daily as well as excellent wifi connections!
All in all a charming place to stay!!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Everything about the Charming 2 is amazing -- the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful during our 3-day stay in Hanoi, and helped us book a last minute Ha Long Bay cruise. The rooms were really clean and spacious, exactly how the pictures show. Lastly, the location is perfect within the old quarter - you can easily walk around or easily get a cab to go out further into the city.

We had our laundry done here and it was very cost effective (priced by weight). Our outbound flight was really late (11pm) so they let us keep the room into the early evening, which was very helpful!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

What can I say about this lovely, charming bit of paradise that others have not already shared here except more of the same. From the moment we stepped in until we reluctantly left today, there was never a moment of doubt that we hope to retun here one day soon and of course, where else but to stay here.

A big thank you to the beautiful ladies, Kate, Sophy, Mary, Lana and the rest of the staff members-catering and cleaning and concierge and Mr Manager. The staff behaved friendly and professional.....not at all fawning as stated by one of the reviewers. Each day, I look forward to the fruit bowl and what a variety! Room was beautifully presented, clean, spacious and airy. I found the bed comfortable, slept like a baby.

What really impresses me the most about the young ladies is that the genuinely care about my personal safety and our treasured possession ......our passport. They take the time to enquire about our day and remind us to be careful with our bag/day pack especially when going to the
night market. There was no pressure to book any tours with them.

We enjoyed our stay here so much that we extended our stay here but alas we have to move to their sister hotel as they were full on our last night here. Btw, no worries about booking through their website. Love the breakfast especially the pho, fruit salad, sweet bread, etc.

Room Tip: ask for rooms at the back especially room 503. We love ours.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Charming, friendly service by all the hotel staff, is what makes this place special. We had been given this recommendation from an Australian family who we met on our travels who had been there over a year ago! And when we mentioned them to the staff in passing, 'lo and behold they knew who we spoke about and the pictures came out with of the family and the children. That's what makes this place special.

The rooms are huge, bathrooms adequate, and everything very clean. Not only is there free Wifi, but a computer in every room that can get you connected. I had no issues connecting with my iPad both in my room and at reception/breakfast. There is different complimentary fruit each day in your room as well as bottled water.

They also upgraded us for the both nights we stayed, which was an unexpected surprise.
Luggage was stored for free and with no issues, when we made an overnight trip to Ha Long bay, and although we hadn't booked accommodation for when we came back, they easily provided us rooms.

Laundry is also done in one day, and done by weight, but very cost effective.

Breakfast is adequate, and the coffee is good and strong.

They provided nice recommendations for eating. Tip: blue butterfly and pineapple restaurants are worthwhile, but I would also urge you to be adventurous and try the street food!

Overall, good value for money. Simple, effective, efficient and friendly.

1  Thank Angela B