2,462 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter fresh fruit rooms were very clean mary tours heart asia
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed at the Charming 2 Hotel 3 times while touring SE Asia. Each visit was delightful, we were always royally welcomed and the staff quickly learned our names. It was like being part of a fantastic family. The staff are all amazing, very friendly and the ladies at the front desk speak excellent English. The hotel is situated in the Historic Quarter which provided us with many interesting experiences. The streets are amazing, full of traffic, especially scooters and the noise is overwhelming. Crossing the streets is an experience in itself, but you quickly develop the skill. There are many restaurants in the quarter, from little sidewalk "cafes" to excellent and varied restaurants. One highlight is sitting at Highlands Cafe (third floor) at the end of the Lake Hoan Kiem watching the traffic...scooters, bicycles, buses, cars, pedestrians...it is worth an hour or two. It is virtually impossible to walk on the sidewalks due to the parking of scooters and the number of little "business" located on the sidewalks. It all adds to the charm of the area.
Oops, back to the hotel... we were upgraded to a room with a balcony and I would definitely recommend paying the extra money for the room. The balcony provided a wonderful vantage point to watch daily life in Hanoi. The room was beautifully decorated, comes with a computer and free wifi. There was complementary water and fruit provided each day, but the bar fridge is very well priced (beer under a dollar!!!!) Breakfast is included and we found that there was lots of variety provided on a daily basis.
I would definitely book through their website and if you stay 3 nights, you get one hotel transfer free from the airport. It is worthwhile to book airport transfer with the hotel to avoid the airport taxi scam...see their website notice.

Room Tip: Definitely a room with a balcony..there was very little noise at night
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne M
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We booked a 5 night stay here based on the Trip Advisor rating, and were not disappointed. I can't really add any more to what's been said previously, this is simply a great hotel right in the midst of it all, with fantastic staff who make you feel right at home. The pho place they recommended to us our first night was by far the best we had our time in Vietnam, and the tour desk made our Ha Long Bay booking a breeze. The included breakfast, computer in the room and complimentary fruit each day were all welcome additions. Should I ever make it back to Hanoi, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was amazed at what a great deal we got. The hotel was value for money and the service staff was friendly and attentive! Thanks to Rose, Mary, Sophie and Lana for all the great advice you provided! Will recommend this hotel to all my friends who are going to Hanoi!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were picked up at the airport and driven to the hotel, after 30 hours of travel we were very tired, but the greeting at the hotel was such a "pick me up" that we managed to stay awake a little longer:-) Mary, Rose and Lana, were so helpful. The staff really makes this hotel very charming.
The room was nice, although the bathroom was very cold. we visited Hanoi late february, so the temperature outside was about 13 - 16 celsius. Breakfast was fine, but not the best we had on our 4 weeks trip in Vietnam and Thailand.But for the price its fine. The bed was a little on the firm side, but that is just a personal preferance.The room was clean and spacious. We stayed 4 nights before travelling south in Vietnam.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MissHotel
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just stayed here for three nights and it was one of the best parts of my stay in Hanoi! I arrived through an arranged ride through the hotel from the airport. The rooms are very nice, but the staff is what makes this hotel amazing. Everyone at this hotel were truly great. The ladies that work the reception desk remember everyone and what your plan is for the day if you tell them. They could not be a better representation of this hotel. Such nice, sweet women! I was supposed to go on an overnight cruise of halong bay, but once I arrived, the tour was cancelled due to weather. I was going to stay in halong bay city for the night, but couldn't find a room. The tour operator called the charming 2 and they were full, but Sophie, in reception, found me another room for the night just up the street and even worked out a great deal for me. So, back to Hanoi on the bus and when I got to the hotel she had one of the bellman give me a ride to the other hotel on his moto. Outstanding service! I just arrived back from sapa this morning on an overnight train and the staff held my luggage for three days. I woke everyone when I got back and feel bad for that, but the manager was there, with a bellman, they got my luggage and gave me a room to rest and shower before heading to the airport this morning. Even got breakfast at no charge! Truly, outstanding. I arranged for a half day city tour and transport back to the airport with the tour desk and they are outstanding as well. I really can't say enough great things about this hotel. If you go to Hanoi, you should definitely stay here!

Room Tip: A room with a window is nice, even if it looks out to the interior of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo