“Ho Chi Minh & Mekong Delta Holiday”
Review of Asia Tour Advisor

Asia Tour Advisor
Ranked #28 of 214 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: AsiaTourAdvisor provides one of best travel experiences in southeast Asia. We offer affordable prices and well-planned tours featuring friendly and experienced guides. We’re committed to providing travelers with an amazing experience every time. And we do it by following these core values
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Thank you so much for organising part of our recent Vietnam holiday, we had a few days in Ho Chi Minh City & the tour of the Chi Cu Tunnels was excellent, the tour guide had so much knowledge of the area & the history of the Tunnels, very interesting! We then had 3 nights/4 days in the Mekong Delta, the first night at Mekong Lodge with a cooking class was great as was the bike ride we had after lunch visiting little villages & stopping for afternoon tea at a little place where we were entertained by locals singing & dancing. The boat Le Cochinchine was excellent as were the staff on board, the food & of course the tour guide & the villages & towns we saw along the way were great as well. We would most definitely use Asia Tour Advisor again!

2  Thank Michelle C
in 15 reviews
"pelican cruise"
"ha long bay"
in 22 reviews
"tour guides and drivers"
in 5 reviews
in 9 reviews
"angkor wat"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Having toured most South East Asian countries extensively (with the exception of Vietnam) over the last seven years, I decided the time had come to rectify that omission.

Whenever I contemplate a detailed 'Fact-Finding Tour' of a country never before visited, it is my practice to undertake some extensive research, formulate a probable itinerary, which I consider would offer the maximum experience in the time allotted - and then write to three or four established Tour Operators which are based in that country.

Dependent upon the type and content of replies received, it can indeed make the choice an easy one.

This is exactly what happened following receipt of helpful suggestions re my possible itinerary from Thu (a most delightful lady organiser) of the company Asia Tour Advisor based in Hanoi. She really demonstrated her skill and knowledge in helping me design a suitable tour to fit my requirements.

Because that tour would begin in Hanoi and work south to Saigon, she had me met on arrival at the airport and driven directly to her Company's headquarters where we discussed further small 'deviations' from the confirmed itinerary.

This was indeed a surprise and most appreciated, as it gave us both the opportunity to exchange ideas.

After a most productive hour (which included very tasty refreshments) the Company's driver took me to my first hotel (more about that hotel and others in separate reviews).

Every single arrangement made by Thu on my behalf over a fifteen day tour went like clockwork - and I do mean that! Planned timings we kept promptly, all internal travel arrangements - including three internal flights proved to be stress free as were transfers and the quality of guides.

There was no doubting that a lot of thought had been expended on just how every excursion and feature visited would give me the maximum enjoyment as well as merely giving me the opportunity to record the events for reference purposes.

All in all, I am happy to have my name coupled with that Company as I am convinced that any reader contemplating a tour of Vietnam, would receive the same consideration and professionalism as I did.

Brian W Fisher
Independent Travel Writer & Novelist.
PS. Why 'A Vietnam Sandwich? Because I slotted it between a few days pre and post in Bangkok and that choice certainly combatted the inevitable Jet Lag.

5  Thank Cumbrian25
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Have a good trip to Ha Long Bay. The arrangement is good and everything in order. Prompt response and helpful guides from travel agent and the cruise tour guide. However, bad experience in tam coc and hoa lu trip. Not much nice scenery and activities over there. Not a recommended place to visit. Besides, the tour guide and driver less professional.

3  Thank JWXJ
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had a wonderful time in Vietnam, thanks to your SUPERB organization.

Your choice of tours, guides, restaurants, drivers, etc was excellent!
And thank you for how flexible you were when we thought we might have to cancel or reorganize our tour due to The Typhoon Haiyan..