“Hanoi Walking and Food Tour”

Hanoi Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$100.00*
and up
Halong Bay Small Group Adventure Tour including Cruise from Hanoi
Ranked #14 of 191 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanoi Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Hanoi. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Hanoi. Our local expert guides will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hanoi Walking and Food Tour”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

On our first evening in Hanoi, my friend and I decided to do the walking food tour, as it promised to walk us through the back streets of Hanoi and to feed us the local food. Being that we were two girls travelling alone, we figured this would be a great opportunity to safely see and eat our way through the city, and we were not disappointed! It was an evening tour from 5pm to a little after 8pm, that took us through the highlights of some of the more local shopping areas, as well as the back streets and alleys that my friend and I would never have been able to venture to on our own. Bac's english was quite good, and he was very informative and ready to answer any question we had. The food was also quite good, and there was plenty of it at different points in the tour. The group was small, as there was only 1 couple that joined us, which made it quite nice.

Thank you so much, Bac, for such a wonderful evening. I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends traveling through Hanoi!

1 Thank Jrllera

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hanoi highlights”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

With a full day in Hanoi we decided a tour was a great option. Urban adventures was very reasonably priced. Our guide Bac Bui was very knowledgable and did a great job, especially in the walking tour of the old quarter - I felt safe tackling the traffic with him and it built up my confidence to do it on my own. The tour included all the important places - ho chi Minh complex, museum of ethnology, temple of literature and the old quarter. Lunch was a delicious beef pho in a restaurant I would not have tried on my own. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the visit to the lacquerware shop were I felt pressured to buy and was followed around continuously by one of the staff. I would have purchased something if I had just been left to look without a shadow behind me.

Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hanoi Highlights”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Urban Adventures is a great tour company. When visiting a foreign country for the first time it can be hard to discover and understand the city by yourself. To get a deeper more meaningful understanding of the history of Hanoi I would highly recommend Hanoi Highlights. Our tour guide (Bac) was very informative and friendly. If your someone who loves history and wants to know how the city (Hanoi) came about this tour is for you! :)

1 Thank LiveLearnBake
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Halong Bay”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Urban Adventures is a good tour provider--an exception among the many scammers running Halong Bay trips. Bac was an excellent guide. I differ somewhat from those who say Halong Bay is an essential trip--the bay was overcrowded and not as picturesque as advertised. But if you're going to go, this is a good company.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Traveler3719
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hanoi City Tour”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I had two nights in Hanoi on the way home to Australia and decided to do the Hanoi Urban city tour on our own full day there. Our friendly guide, Lisa, collected us from our hotel. She was a well informed young lady who was happy to answer our questions about Hanoi and life in Vietnam. The tour took us to the main historic attractions in the city, as well as a visit to a lacquer workshop and store that was really interesting. Lunch was included in the tour and was a typical Vietnamese meal of steamed and fried spring rolls - really delicious. The tour ended up in the market area of town. We were able to walk back to our hotel from there.

Linda S