“Love it in different ways”

The Gourmet Corner Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 2,393 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the top floor of Hanoi La Siesta Diamond hotel, the Gourmet Corner restaurant boast the finest view of Hanoi from the 12th floor, overlooking Hoan Kiem Lake, the Red River and the ever-growing skyline of Hanoi. The Gourmet Corner food menu is the combination of Vietnamese and some Western favorites. Our Vietnamese food options mostly are the dishes from the North. In northern Vietnam, a colder climate limits the production and availability of spices. As a result, the foods are often less spicy than those in other regions, especially the middle part of Vietnam. Black pepper is used in place of chili as the most popular ingredient to produce spicy flavors. Also, coriander is used commonly in most dishes. In general, northern Vietnamese cuisine is not bold in any particular taste - sweet, salty, spicy, bitter, or sour. Most northern Vietnamese foods feature light and balanced flavors that result from subtle combinations of many different flavoring ingredients. PS: Please be informed that your reservation request by email will be answered within 24 working hours or later depend on our work-load at that moment. Any urgent booking request should be made through the phone call. We are sorry for any inconvenience may cause.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I booked a dinner for a group of friends who come from different cultures and who are all choosy (because they are all working in Hanoi at the moment) as well as so familiar with different good places around the town. It was quite stress for me as the beginning as this was an important dinner and I wished to make a different impression to them, of course I mean great impression. As the restaurant is not so spacey, they first placed us in the room and I did not like it. So I insisted the staff to move us to the open air areas. It was difficult to do so with our booking but the staff have managed it perfectly, without bothering other guests, and always kind and nice. Five star customer service, especially to Sabrina, love you :-)

All in all, I just repeat what others wrote alot here: extraordinary view (one side is the sparkling Thang Long bridge over the Hong River, one side is the miraculous Hoan Kiem lake and its surroundings); excellent service, great food, and because of all that, we have made four big bottles of good wines 'evaporated' :-D

You should definitely be there, and if during this beautiful autumn evenings, remember to book a table outside to enjoy cool atmosphere and marvellous view.

There are newer reviews for The Gourmet Corner Restaurant

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Amazing food. Great views. Courteous servers. Lovely atmosphere. Very reasonable prices. I would definitely recommend this restaurants to friends who are visiting Hanoi. Great place to bring kids who are in their teens. Maybe not young kids as it is a small restaurant and it is not a place to run around.

1  Thank AngelMom69
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

The best spring rolls we have ever had. Fresh and excellent food. Staff were lovely. Our kids (12 & 15) loved the food too. My younger daughter sarod she had the noodle soup....... Close to the in Hanoi and the Lake.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Words cannot describe how amazing this place is. They squeezed my partner and I in without a reservation and were all smiles throughout the evening. Stunning views, lovely appetisers and phenomenal mains.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Went here for a birthday meal - booked in advance of our trip due to the trip advisor ratings. wasn't disappointed. Awesome shredded beef dish was eaten by my partner and I had the pork which came with a beautiful tasting miso type soup. I could eat this all day everyday! Waitress was lovely. Had arranged with my partner to sing happy birthday and bring me a cake - quite embarrassing but a lovely touch. three course meal with a glass of wine cost us just over £20 - would have quite easily paid triple this in the UK and it wouldnt have tasted as nice. Very small restaurant which makes the experience better in my opinion.
reserved via email and got a prompt response - experience was all around great. Got a phone call while I was in the restaurant to say my nephew had been born, so I will always remember this restaurant!

1  Thank imnotapanda