“Great service and food - stunning view of Hanoi!”

The Gourmet Corner Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 2,472 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SPECIAL: To celebrate the coming festive season, on 24-25 Dec and 31 Dec - 1 Jan 2017, we are going to serve the Special Set menus only. We shall send you a copy of the set menus by email per reservation request. Please kindly send your request to our official email address on this website. The Gourmet Corner restaurant located on the top floor of Hanoi La Siesta Diamond hotel, which boast the finest view of Hanoi from the 12th floor, overlooking Hoan Kiem Lake, the Red River and the ever-growing skyline of Hanoi. The Gourmet Corner food menu is the combination of Vietnamese and some Western favorites. Our Vietnamese food options mostly are the dishes from the North. In northern Vietnam, a colder climate limits the production and availability of spices. As a result, the foods are often less spicy than those in other regions, especially the middle part of Vietnam. Black pepper is used in place of chili as the most popular ingredient to produce spicy flavors. Also, coriander is used commonly in most dishes. In general, northern Vietnamese cuisine is not bold in any particular taste - sweet, salty, spicy, bitter, or sour. Most northern Vietnamese foods feature light and balanced flavors that result from subtle combinations of many different flavoring ingredients. PS: Please be informed that your reservation request by email will be answered within 24 working hours or later depend on our work-load at that moment. Any urgent booking request should be made through the phone call. We are sorry for any inconvenience may cause.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had dinner in this restaurant when I visited Hanoi in Dec-Jan and the food was excellent. I was travelling solo, and the staff seated me by a cute table for one overlooking the skyline of Hanoi. Amazing service. I can really recommend The Gourmet Corner to anyone looking for a great food experience!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I visited this restaurant the first time last July after reading the good reviews it received - and their service was exceptional. Thus, I had to go back when I visited Hanoi again. As with the previous occasion, I ordered the set dinner which comes with a starter of deep fried spring rolls, a main of bacon wrapped beef, creme brûlée dessert and a glass of wine. All that for US$27.50. Their spring rolls are great; they were fried to perfection. Because I wanted to try something different, I requested a change of my main - they were happy to do it, and even subtracted the difference in cost off my final bill! As usual, the service was exceptional.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Excellent location - on the top floor of the elegance diamond hotel. Beautiful views over the city. Extensive menu (can recommend the beef in bamboo - nicely done and served in bamboo!). The staff were very attentive - especially Sabrina who made us feel very welcome indeed.

1  Thank MGSMITH33
Reviewed January 25, 2014

About a week ago i wrote a not very good review about a burger i had in this restaurent, which i now have taken back. The reason i do this is that the hotel manager and the restaurent manager contacted me to meet, as they wanted to apologize for my experience at their restaurent. They told me that they took my review very seriously and that they have had a meeting with the kitchen staff about how to make a burger to perfection, no matter if it is ordered red, medium or well done (as i prefer). I have the deepest respect for the management for taking a review so serious and dooing something about it. 5 stars for that !!! I will definitely go there again knowing that the next burger I order will be perfect. I also recomend the restaurent to other visiting Hanoi.

3  Thank Bodil204
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was a nice restaurant with good views of the city but I was not blown away by the food. I only had two nights in Hanoi and I would have liked to spend this night at another restaurant.