“Excellent service and polite staff”

The Gourmet Corner Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 2,196 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: European, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located on the top floor of Hanoi La Siesta Diamond hotel, the Gourmet Corner restaurant boast the finest view of Hanoi from the 12th floor, overlooking Hoan Kiem Lake, the Red River and the ever-growing skyline of Hanoi. The Gourmet Corner food menu is the combination of Vietnamese and some Western favorites. Our Vietnamese food options mostly are the dishes from the North. In northern Vietnam, a colder climate limits the production and availability of spices. As a result, the foods are often less spicy than those in other regions, especially the middle part of Vietnam. Black pepper is used in place of chili as the most popular ingredient to produce spicy flavors. Also, coriander is used commonly in most dishes. In general, northern Vietnamese cuisine is not bold in any particular taste - sweet, salty, spicy, bitter, or sour. Most northern Vietnamese foods feature light and balanced flavors that result from subtle combinations of many different flavoring ingredients. PS: Please be informed that your reservation request by email will be answered within 24 working hours or later depend on our work-load at that moment. Any urgent booking request should be made through the phone call. We are sorry for any inconvenience may cause.
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent service and polite staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant after reading all the reviews on TA. I went there yesterday and returned today with a group to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday. The staff are amazing, food excellent and I would highly recommend this restaurant, I mentioned to the staff yesterday about the birthday and a beautiful cake was organized that made the celebration even more special. Thank you to Phuc and staff for looking after us so well and make the evening extra special. Do not miss visiting this restaurant.

1 Thank grfern

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Zermatt, Switzerland
“Have the beef cooked in bamboo!!Do it!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the best dishes I had in Vietnam, go up there and order the beef cooked in bamboo dish!It 's just delicious!Great view as well, maybe a little pricey for Vietnam but I definitely recommend this restaurant!Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 5lex
hanoi
“Flawless service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I came back here in a group of 10 people because I had such amazing experience with this place several times before. So when my friends asked to gather in a restaurant for good food and view, this one came first in my mind.
We decided to sit on the terrace this time as the weather was good. We ordered drinks and three courses each and told the staff that the three tables they gave us would be enough. However, the manager came out to tell us that in his experience it never was enough as their dishes are quite big and insisted us to take one more table to make it more comfortable for everyone when the food served at our tables. We first refused his suggestion as we wanted to sit closer to each other. So he said he was going to reserve that extra table for us in case they could not find enough room for our food.
Now come the problem, we saw some people were asking for that table but they were all told that it was booked. Our starters arrived and they could only fit 6 dishes at best on our tables and no more. We felt stupid that we didn't take his advice once asked. Luckily the table was still reserved for us. So it was perfectly fitted.
Food was good. All of my friends said that it was also their best meal in Hanoi and how they impressed by the standard of their service here. Thank you very much for saving my face!

3 Thank IDfree
Espoo, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I spent 4 night in the Hanoi Elegance Diamond hotel. I was very satisfied with the hotel. It was exceptionally good experience and I had nothing to complain in the hotel. It was really a five star + experience with three star - price.
The breakfast is served in the Gourmet Corner Resataurant in the morning and the breakfast was excellent - buffet and breakfast menu included.
I also had dinner in the same restaurant. Hanoi is full of delicious food but the restaurant is so very unique. The view was very nice - you can see the Red River and the Hoan Kiem Lake. The staff was very nice and kind. The food was perfect. I had delicious vietnamese noodle soup for starter and excellent vietnamese fish for main course. Also the wines were available for reasonable price.
I can recommend both Hotel Elegance Diamond Hanoi and the hotel restaurant The Gourment Corner. They are perfect.

Singapore, Singapore
“Not cheap but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I weren't staying at the hotel, but we were glad we came here for lunch. They do Vietnamese and western food well, but I got the sense that they are slightly better at western cuisine. The ribeye steak I had was well-cooked, well-seasoned and juicy. It wasn't cheap by Vietnamese standards, but I would have had to pay through my nose to get a steak like that back home. The great service and scenic view were a bonus.

1 Thank ianyap