“Good food and good views”

The Gourmet Corner Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 2,196 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: European, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located on the top floor of Hanoi La Siesta Diamond hotel, the Gourmet Corner restaurant boast the finest view of Hanoi from the 12th floor, overlooking Hoan Kiem Lake, the Red River and the ever-growing skyline of Hanoi. The Gourmet Corner food menu is the combination of Vietnamese and some Western favorites. Our Vietnamese food options mostly are the dishes from the North. In northern Vietnam, a colder climate limits the production and availability of spices. As a result, the foods are often less spicy than those in other regions, especially the middle part of Vietnam. Black pepper is used in place of chili as the most popular ingredient to produce spicy flavors. Also, coriander is used commonly in most dishes. In general, northern Vietnamese cuisine is not bold in any particular taste - sweet, salty, spicy, bitter, or sour. Most northern Vietnamese foods feature light and balanced flavors that result from subtle combinations of many different flavoring ingredients. PS: Please be informed that your reservation request by email will be answered within 24 working hours or later depend on our work-load at that moment. Any urgent booking request should be made through the phone call. We are sorry for any inconvenience may cause.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good food and good views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We chose this restaurtant based on Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The restaurant has good views across Hanoi and also a little deck to enjoy the views in the open air. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was tasty and enjoyable. I particularly enjoyed the Bun Cha, a local speciality, and thought it was one of the best I ate in Vietnam.

1 Thank Karenvanh

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Food, even better service - a great celebration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

In the process of Essence Hotel helping me book a restaurant, massage and Ha Long Bay trip (before I arrived) I let slip that it was our wedding anniversary. When we got to the Gourmet Corner (the best in Hanoi, in a sister hotel) the table was beautifully decorated. The staff were amazing in wanting to make our celebration the best it could be. It was like it was their anniversary. After being seated the waitress asked me to come to reception and quietly gave me a long stem rose to give to my wife - without me asking - I cant imagine that happening anywhere else in the world! The food is great and the views really beautiful - they also turned on lightening to celebrate - nothing was too much trouble. Thanks to our waitress (I wish I could remember her name) and the manager - it was really moving. Just go.

1 Thank michaeld01
Melbourne, Australia
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked and came here for our last dinner in Hanoi during our recent visit. 3 words. Absolutely love it!

We had both types of set dinner and enjoyed all 3 courses. Service was good and from our perspective, very value for money.

Will definitely return! :)

2 Thank shiny_ainie
Iloilo City, Philippines
“Best Dinner in Ha Noi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We reserved a table via internet and we got a prompt reply confirming our booking. Did a a brief stroll from our hotel in the old quarters, passing by the the lake where most vietnamese spend their evening doing exercise (running, weight-lifting, biking) or just hanging around, having chats with their friends. The walk on your way to the restaurant and the glimpse of everyday vietnamese life was a treat in itself.

When we arrived, the place was full. I saw the list of reservations for the night, and those who came without reservation were sitting in the nearby al fresco cafe waiting for the next free table.

The food was great! Enjoyed the avocado salad for starter. I ordered bamboo beef but they ran out of it, so they recommended bread-crumb beef instead....and im glad i took their suggestion because it was excellent~!

We tried their home-made passion fruit sorbet for dessert...and it was as fantastic! I would love to go back again to this restaurant on my next trip to Hanoi.

And oh, did i mention the view? its on the 12th floor of Elegance Hotel. The ambience was as great!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Alekz T
Hobart, Australia
“Hanoi Food, View and wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a delightful place to have a special evening great food wonderful staff and amazing view of Hanoi

2 Thank Rosanne59